GUNS N ROSES NOMINATED FOR BAND OF THE YEAR

bacardimayne

As for Slash, have I ever said something like that? No. I appreciate every single member, I became a fan in 1990 so why would I call someone a true fan when this person says that Slash sucks?

Big difference is that I (as one of the longterm fans) don't complain but just enjoy the fact that Guns still exists. And yes, it took some time for me to accept the new line-ups. But now I'm just happy that Axl continues with the band, and is doing a great job.

Then I apologize because I mistakenly thought you were one of those "fuck Slash, fuck Duff --- current band is miles better than the old one" type of users. Sumimasen. :heart:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Slash, have I ever said something like that? No. I appreciate every single member, I became a fan in 1990 so why would I call someone a true fan when this person says that Slash sucks?

Big difference is that I (as one of the longterm fans) don't complain but just enjoy the fact that Guns still exists. And yes, it took some time for me to accept the new line-ups. But now I'm just happy that Axl continues with the band, and is doing a great job.

Then I apologize because I mistakenly thought you were one of those "fuck Slash, fuck Duff --- current band is miles better than the old one" type of users. Sumimasen. :heart:

It's ok ;)

Anyone who supports Axl Rose hates the old Gn'R in my book.

Nope! I support Axl and love the current lineup. And have respect for the old lineup that paved the way and help make the GNR name what is is today. I just have moved on and don't live in the past.

You're a liar. You hate Slash and Duff and Izzy.

Much love for all above. I have seen Izzy with Guns and went Ape shit! I would to see Duff with Guns in Vegas. And Slash is the creator of my favorite solos. Sorry to disappoint, but I fully support the current Guns and have much love for the old members. And don't care for a reunion.

Edited by batman007

Not trying to be negative here, but you aren't suppose to vote for your favorite band. But for the band that had the best 2012. How in the world would GnR earn that honor?

They toured the USA and Europe. Someone who went to a GNR show and thought it was the best concert he saw all year would vote for them.

Think in context, Groghan. Not everyone's been torturing themselves with the wait for an album.

Edited by Flayer

Not trying to be negative here, but you aren't suppose to vote for your favorite band. But for the band that had the best 2012. How in the world would GnR earn that honor?

Bringing new albums out is not the only reason why a band can be called band of the yeas.

Guns did and does a lot of great things by touring a lot, and last but not least: there's a lot more (personal) interaction between the members and fans. Even Axl takes time for them after a show.

The European tour was awesome, so imo they deserve the title.

Bringing new albums out is not the only reason why a band can be called band of the yeas.

Guns did and does a lot of great things by touring a lot, and last but not least: there's a lot more (personal) interaction between the members and fans. Even Axl takes time for them after a show.

Is there any year that you wouldn't vote for GnR?

This is a good example of the Nutter thing. Seriously, I love GnR just as much as you do. If not more.

But, people are voting for GnR just because they are their favorite band. That is a Nutter.

I saw GnR this year and had a great time. Awesome show. But there was maybe 5000 people there. No album. No hit singles. And I hate to tell you, but pretty much ALL bands mingle and interact with their fans. Everything you and Flayer mentioned happened with other bands.

Is GnR my favorite band? Without a doubt, by a landslide. But the band of the year? That is just Axl Worship.

There are bands that got just as good, if not better reviews than GnR this year. Along with having a new album. Charted songs. Larger concert ticket sales.

Again, not to be rude, the poll is for which band had the best 2012. Not for who your favorite band is.

What I will say I don't understand why people who obviously don't like the band frequent a forum dedicated to them.

Because there are several different versions of this band? This forum isn't didicated to the current one, that's why there are so many different types of fans here with different opinions.

There's also people who like a wide variety of bands, even more than any incarnation of Guns. Doesn't mean they don't have the right to post here or get lambasted for voting another band. Some people live in a bubble. :rolleyes:

This is a good example of the Nutter thing. Seriously, I love GnR just as much as you do. If not more.

But, people are voting for GnR just because they are their favorite band. That is a Nutter.

I saw GnR this year and had a great time. Awesome show. But there was maybe 5000 people there. No album. No hit singles. And I hate to tell you, but pretty much ALL bands mingle and interact with their fans. Everything you and Flayer mentioned happened with other bands.

Is GnR my favorite band? Without a doubt, by a landslide. But the band of the year? That is just Axl Worship.

There are bands that got just as good, if not better reviews than GnR this year. Along with having a new album. Charted songs. Larger concert ticket sales.

Again, not to be rude, the poll is for which band had the best 2012. Not for who your favorite band is.

I think you agree with me that Axl is very unattainable, right? In the past, being a fan, you could only get close to Axl when you were some kind of groupie.

Nowadays Axl takes the time for the fans, and so do the other bandmembers. I see that as a huge improvement.

The poll isn't about voting for the band who did the most. Not to me. I'm not voting on another band than my favourite, just because they released some music or whatever.

Guns is on the right track. They do a lot of things these days, more than they ever did.

I think you agree with me that Axl is very unattainable, right? In the past, being a fan, you could only get close to Axl when you were some kind of groupie.

Nowadays Axl takes the time for the fans, and so do the other bandmembers. I see that as a huge improvement.

The poll isn't about voting for the band who did the most. Not to me. I'm not voting on another band than my favourite, just because they released some music or whatever.

Guns is on the right track. They do a lot of things these days, more than they ever did.

The unattainable part......sure. I guess I don't place importance on that though. I love Axl for his singing ability. He is a woman beater, treats people like crap, the late starts and sometimes not showing up at all, the revolving door of musicians in GnR, the prima donna crap....not only do I not care to meet him, it still strikes me odd that people - especially females - worship him. often we idolized celebrities or athletes and think they must be great people in real life.....unfortunately, usually they are not.

Secondly, the band does a lot of things now that they didn't used to do? What???? The GnR I grew up with put out 4 albums in 5 years, toured the world, released maybe 10 videos, played award shows and late night talk shows and did lots of interviews!!! That was the highlight of my music life.

So you are basically admitting that you are voting because GnR is your favorite band. Nothing any other band did this year really matters. That was my main point if confusion. From a non biased point of view, 2012 was not the year of GnR. For the GnR fan base it was a nice year of three hour shows. But for the overall rock world, many bands had better years.

I apologize if I sound rude because of the 'voting for your favorite band instead of the best band' thing. Today's society seems to sink further and further into the every kid gets a trophy just for participating mindset. Which is what you are doing by voting for GnR!

Anyway. It is just a silly survey by a classic rock magazine, it really has no importance in the world. So anybody can vote for whomever they want, for whatever reason they want!!!!

Imo, while GnR is still my favorite band of all time, other bands had better years in 2012.

Edited by Groghan