DJ Ashba wins "Guitar Hero Of The Year" award

volcano62

I find this very surprising on 2 different fronts.

1. DJ won an award? WTF? Are they deaf?

2. There was an award to be had and Slash didn't buy it for himself? WTF? Is he slipping?

That is all.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Slash won a Grammy.

DJ won a state's magazine guitar hero award. The award being based on how he COVERS Slash's guitar playing.

Last year Vince Neill was the contest's big winner.

Is there anything else that needs to be said?

Guest Broskirose

I like how there's like 3 people acting like this award actually matters.

I've never even heard of it and if it hadn't already lost it's credibilty, it certainly did today.

2. There was an award to be had and Slash didn't buy it for himself? WTF? Is he slipping?

That is all.

Slash won a Grammy.

DJ won a state's magazine guitar hero award. The award being based on how he COVERS Slash's guitar playing.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying that Slash will only buy higher class awards? I could see that. Still doesn't explain how DJ won though.

Also, why did Vince Neill win a guitar hero award? Never mind, same reason a s DJ. Got it.

That is all.

Slash won a Grammy.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying that Slash will only buy higher class awards? I could see that. Still doesn't explain how DJ won though.

Also, why did Vince Neill win a guitar hero award? Never mind, same reason a s DJ. Got it.

Do not spread lies or i reported you :popcorn:

But i agree with you on the DJ part: DJ isn't a guitar hero. He doesn't even a good guitar player. He's mediocre at best.Just a poser.

That is all.

Slash won a Grammy.

Do not spread lies or i reported you :popcorn:

But i agree with you on the DJ part: DJ isn't a guitar hero. He doesn't even a good guitar player. He's mediocre at best.Just a poser.

Not quite sure how I'm spreading lies by asking questions, but whatever. :shrugs: Report away.

what is the eligibility criteria for this award?

Smooth.......per your Slash buying awards comments, which I'm not sure which award he has ever purchased, but anyway........to be eligible to win a Vegas Rocks Magazine Award, two things happen. YOU HAVE TO PAY $50 and then the award is given to whomever receives the most emails. I looked it up on their website, I'm not making that up. $50.

So apparently a $50 check and 7 emails from Angeles and DJ is the magazine's guitar hero winner for 2012

Vince got the lifetime achievement award in 2011.

Apparently a couple members from Enuff Z Nuff were in attendance. Again, not making this up.