why Myles I'll never know

tkarmy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash is really misusing Myles. I recently got into Alter Bridge and Myles sounds so much better on those songs than he does on Slash and Apocalyptic Love.

True. Watched some 2008 gig in Europe and he sounded very good with those Alter Bridge songs.

Slash tends to write in the tried and true rock keys like E, A or G, Alter Bridge does a lot of their stuff in D or C or even B, seems to suit Myles' natural voice a lot.

It's retarded how well their voices go together when they harmonize.

As for why Myles? Because he's awesome. That range of his is undeniable.

Most bands, even established ones are lucky if they have 1 half decent vocalist for live performances. Slash has 2 great ones that compliment each other really well.

Pretty much sums it up right there.

Most bands, even established ones are lucky if they have 1 half decent vocalist for live performances. Slash has 2 great ones that compliment each other really well.

it seems the more they play together, the better they get -I just saw them for the 5th time at the Hammerstein and that show was infuckingcredible - I hadn't seen the AFD version of Your Crazy live in forever and Todd hit it out of the park, and he was just as good on WTTJ

• 2 weeks later...

Why would slash ever have Myles when he has Todd Kerns in the band... Todd is twice the singer and a way better songwriter

listen to him do Jungle...

I have to say that version of WTTJ is much better than the one Myles did a while back. I agree Todd is a pretty kick ass singer and does a hell of a job on Dr Alibi. But for the most part Myles does an admirable job. Singing Axl's songs is no easy task.

For anyone saying Myles can't sing, has no charisma and stage presence, etc., I can only think that you haven't seen this band live. He's actually a great frontman. connects really well with the crowd, has a very cool vibe on stage, looks like he's having a kick ass time doing his thing, and on top of all that, has an amazing voice. Combined with the aura of Slash and a really talented band, it was by far the best show I've seen all year. And that includes seeing a nuGNR show.

I agree I've seen them twice now and this band is great. If just a straight up RnR show. Which IMO is great Axl is still doing major productions which is cool too, but just like UCAP its cool to see things striped down from time to time

Myles has Bronchitis, so Todd sang 4 songs in a row last night in Missouri.

Halo

Nightrain

Ghost

Standing in the Sun

Back From Cali

Mr. Brownstone

Rocket Queen

No More Heroes

Carolina

We're All Gonna Die (Todd Kerns)

Out Ta Get Me (Todd Kerns)

You're Crazy (Todd Kerns)

Doctor Alibi (Todd Kerns)

Blues Jam / Guitar Solo

Anastasia

You're a Lie

Sweet Child O' Mine

Slither

Paradise City

Edited by John Bonham

Yep.

Myles doesn't get enough credit around here. If you actually heard his stuff outside of Slash's albums, you'd hear how fantastic his voice actually is. One of the best voices in rock music today.