why Myles I'll never know

tkarmy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's retarded how well their voices go together when they harmonize.

As for why Myles? Because he's awesome. That range of his is undeniable.

Most bands, even established ones are lucky if they have 1 half decent vocalist for live performances. Slash has 2 great ones that compliment each other really well.

Most bands, even established ones are lucky if they have 1 half decent vocalist for live performances. Slash has 2 great ones that compliment each other really well.

this!!!

this!!!

this +2

Yes, but for most of the songs he doesn't sound good imo. He lacks the power with his falsetto. He's got a big range, no doubt, but lacks the power.

That's up to the individual listener though, but for his part, the guy goes higher than almost anybody.

I find his voice to be extremely bland and boring. He sounds like almost any modern radio rock singer out there.

Agreed. To me he just sounds really generic vocally, with no stage presence at all. Maybe that's because he's a guitar player too, but I just don't see the appeal.

Not enough power in his voice when he hits those high notes...sometimes it sounds really bad imo.

I don't think he's good enough to be in a band with Slash or write/record material with him. Todd fucking rocks tho.

Edited by Rovim

Guy sucks balls bland, boring, no charisma, no stage presence, no personality the worst singer Slash has ever worked with top hat will never work with vocalist and songwriter of Axl`s caliber again

Slash worked with Axl when Axl had a good voice. Axl these days has lost his voice. The Slash and Myles combo is great. Roll on the next Slash album.

Guy sucks balls bland, boring, no charisma, no stage presence, no personality the worst singer Slash has ever worked with top hat will never work with vocalist and songwriter of Axl`s caliber again

Slash worked with Axl when Axl had a good voice. Axl these days has lost his voice. The Slash and Myles combo is great. Roll on the next Slash album.

Don't know what you're talking about man. When I saw him live 2 months ago, his voice was strong throughout the whole fucking show.

I was listening carefully to catch any weakness in his voice. Couldn't find any. He sounded great. You're talking out of your ass.

Don't know what you're talking about man. When I saw him live 2 months ago, his voice was strong throughout the whole fucking show.

I was listening carefully to catch any weakness in his voice. Couldn't find any. He sounded great. You're talking out of your ass.

Saw him in July, 2012, he sounded decent but not good. Saw him in March, 2010, he sounded great but far from the old days. Vaida's got a point.

For anyone saying Myles can't sing, has no charisma and stage presence, etc., I can only think that you haven't seen this band live. He's actually a great frontman. connects really well with the crowd, has a very cool vibe on stage, looks like he's having a kick ass time doing his thing, and on top of all that, has an amazing voice. Combined with the aura of Slash and a really talented band, it was by far the best show I've seen all year. And that includes seeing a nuGNR show.

Saw him in July, 2012, he sounded decent but not good. Saw him in March, 2010, he sounded great but far from the old days. Vaida's got a point.

Well, all I know is I saw him in July 2012 too, and it was way better then just 'decent'. Even some people that I've talked to in the crowd that were yelling for Slash before the show, said his voice was great.

It was my first Guns show, and I'm not saying it was like 2010. It wasn't. His voice was better then, but saying Axl lost his voice is not having a point, it's bullshit.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'm sure he's a good singer and performer, but I can't help but to think his voice is bland and generic. There's nothing unique about it at all.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I'm sure he's a good singer and performer, but I can't help but to think his voice is bland and generic. There's nothing unique about it at all.

other than the fact there are less than a handful of rock singers that can actually pull of all the GnR back catalogue and the fact Myles can do it better now than the original - other than totally bland and generic :thumbsup: