Bumblefoot 2006/2007 Tourblog

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

He posted the first blog after the north american tour as some kind of gift to GnR fans, haha. He said something like "It was not what you wanted, but at least it is something". The latter was posted in 2007, obviously. He just wanted to share those blogs with us again.

Can't really back it up with specifics but it seems like Robin was a very respected member of the band. In a 2011 interview- Richard talked about how excited he was to join GN'R initially b/c he had long admired Robin's unique/innovative playing. I believe Bumble went to see NIN at MSG a few years back to support Robin too. Axl was apparently devastated by Robin's first departure in '99- and one can only imagine he wouldn't have been too thrilled with Robin leaving the second time on the eve of CD.

Anyway- not really sure why- but those pics are kind of reminding me of all that. It's kind of funny as this board (and most boards) seems to be very Bucket/Slash-centric (understanably so) but it's quite possible IMHO that Robin's departure(s) were the hardest felt by Axl and the actual band...

Can't really back it up with specifics but it seems like Robin was a very respected member of the band. In a 2011 interview- Richard talked about how excited he was to join GN'R initially b/c he had long admired Robin's unique/innovative playing. I believe Bumble went to see NIN at MSG a few years back to support Robin too. Axl was apparently devastated by Robin's first departure in '99- and one can only imagine he wouldn't have been too thrilled with Robin leaving the second time on the eve of CD.

Anyway- not really sure why- but those pics are kind of reminding me of all that. It's kind of funny as this board (and most boards) seems to be very Bucket/Slash-centric (understanably so) but it's quite possible IMHO that Robin's departure(s) were the hardest felt by Axl and the actual band...

I agree but Axl seems to be content with Ashba though

I agree but Axl seems to be content with Ashba though

Without a doubt. Agreed.

Bumblefoot looked a lot cooler without the beard, now he looks like a cross between Robin and Buckethead.

agreed. i think he looked coolest in 09-10. obviously, looks dont exactly matter and i liked the novelty of the beard but i think its time for it to go lol (at least for now). the beard/pony tail combo just isn't nearly as cool as how he looked before.

and Ron seemed so much happier before 2011. im not sure if it was the crash or what but he isn't the same. seems more frustrated with the band and his schedule and such. hope things get brighter for him, hes a fucking great guy