Top 10 Black Sabbath Riffs

bran

ok i know it maybe impossible no one person has written and laid down as many memorable riffs as tony iommi but lets try to name the top 10 black sabbath riffs of all time, throughout the whole history of the band. As a side note iam including riffs from seventh star and the devil you know as sabbath riffs

ok so here we go

1. symptom of the universe

2. into the void

3. follow the tears

4. under the sun

5, shaking off the chains

6. falling off the edge of the world

7. zero the hero (AKA the paradise city riff :P)

8. sabbath bloody sabbath

9. computer god

10.sign of the southern cross

Some of my favorites:

Black Sabbath

NIB

Iron Man

Children of the Grave

Into the Void

Under the Sun

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

A National Acrobat

Sabbra Cadabra

Symptom of the Universe

Neon Knights

Heaven and Hell

The Shining

Headless Cross

i wanted to fit ancient warrior, the shining, headless cross and so many more :( sabbath has wayyyy too many great riffs

I'm afraid I'm going to look boring.

1. Symptom of the Universe

2. Into the Void

3. Children of the Sea

4. Black Sabbath

5. Under the Sun

6. Follow the Tears

7. Mob Rules

8. Turn Up the Night

9. I

10. Children of the Grave

Also, completely irrelevant to the question, Megalomania as a song does not get the credit it deserves.

I don't think I could make a list. That being said, when the main riff of The Sign Of The Southern Cross kicks in, it's an unbelievable moment for a song. I saw that live in 2007 and it floored me.

love that riff their is just too many i got the idea for this after watching TMS try to do top 5 lol

megalomania is a masterpiece sabotage as a whole doesnt get the respect it deserves, it is my second favorite sabbath album only behind heaven and hell

Exactly. Honestly, Megalomania is probably my favorite Sabbath song, or at least it's up there with Die Young and When Death Calls.

And Planet Caravan. :wub:

I can't believe I forgot Sign of the Southern Cross, though. I'm not sure if it'd make the top 10, but it's certainly my favorite element of the song.

James Hetfield

lol

Oh I'm wrong am I? Prove it you laughing retard.

What has Hetfield done that wasn't radio fluff since And Justice For All? I mean, I'll completely agree that he used to be awesome. Used to be.

But what the fuck does that even mean? Does Keith still put out groundbreaking riffs? No. Has Tony Iommi done anything worth a shit in 30 years? No. Everyones got their time and place.

..and while we're on the topic of riff monsters, i'd further like to nominate Dimebag and Jerry Cantrell. The latter of whom is still a fuckin' beast.

James Hetfield

lol

Oh I'm wrong am I? Prove it you laughing retard.

What has Hetfield done that wasn't radio fluff since And Justice For All? I mean, I'll completely agree that he used to be awesome. Used to be.

But what the fuck does that even mean? Does Keith still put out groundbreaking riffs? No. Has Tony Iommi done anything worth a shit in 30 years? No. Everyones got their time and place.

..and while we're on the topic of riff monsters, i'd further like to nominate Dimebag and Jerry Cantrell. The latter of whom is still a fuckin' beast.

That was more of a personal "lol" than a "lol at him being a legend" since I personally don't think his riffs were anything special.