Bumblefoot playing and singing SCOM with Point of View

bumblecool

It's funny when people are offended when someone says that BBF has made a profession out of covering Slash's riffs.

It has definitely added great benefit to his career, but he has not made a profession out of doing so. He had a career before Guns N' Roses, so don't ignore that.

Btw, Bumblefoot sings this better than Axl does nowadays... O.o

Edited by IndiannaRose

It's funny when people are offended when someone says that BBF has made a profession out of covering Slash's riffs.

Yep. It's not a hard concept to grasp. Though he does do a lot of other work all the time too, and could live perfectly well without having the GN'R job. He's not dependent on it.

Yep. It's not a hard concept to grasp. Though he does do a lot of other work all the time too, and could live perfectly well without having the GN'R job. He's not dependent on it.

And with the foot guitar.

God has answered my prayers :

:D

It's true. Broski was always right about Bumble being the best singer in the band... it's not even a debate. I've seen him sing Bohemian Rhapsody live note for note.

Edited by Bumble's Bridge Pickup

It has definitely added great benefit to his career, but he has not made a profession out of doing so. He had a career before Guns N' Roses, so don't ignore that.

it's an expression. of course he had a carreer before GNR. But he is exploiting every littly bit of his GNR-connection. And he does all that by playing Slash's stuff. Not his own CD parts or his solo songs.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I wish he would just walk out in the woods and that we wouldn't ever hear from him again. I think I might dislike him even more than Finch.

I wouldn't say I get "offended". I just usually feel sorry for people who have such a narrow vision of the world. GN'R is part of what Ron does for his profession.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

it's an expression. of course he had a carreer before GNR. But he is exploiting every littly bit of his GNR-connection. And he does all that by playing Slash's stuff. Not his own CD parts or his solo songs.

I completely agree with both of your posts. Maybe if he was capable of writing any good music of his own he wouldn't have to be hired as a cover musician.

I understand that. I disagree with your notion that he exploits "every little bit of his GNR-connection". I don't think he does at all. If anyone does that, it's DJ.

Edited by IndiannaRose

But he is exploiting every littly bit of his GNR-connection. And he does all that by playing Slash's stuff. Not his own CD parts or his solo songs.

He has done both.

Better, Shackler's and Street of Dreams comes to mind.

Btw, how would he exploit his GNR-connection by playing his solo songs?

Edited by Spirit

I wouldn't say I get "offended". I just usually feel sorry for people who have such a narrow vision of the world. GN'R is part of what Ron does for his profession.

But he's performing a song he has nothing to do with, with a band that had nothing to do with the song either. When he's covering Slash's riffs in Guns N' Roses he's doing it because that's why he was hired for. If he's a guest at another band's show at least cover one of his songs. :shrugs:

But he's performing a song he has nothing to do with, with a band that had nothing to do with the song either. When he's covering Slash's riffs in Guns N' Roses he's doing it because that's why he was hired for. If he's a guest at another band's show at least cover one of his songs. :shrugs:

He's playing a Guns N' Roses song because people associate him with Guns N' Roses. There's a lot of people out there in the world who aren't obsessed with who wrote what and when. I'm certain everyone in the audience knows Slash played on the original, but they were content to see a current guitar player of the same band play it.

lol at people getting mad at this

Don't see people losing their shit when Gilby does it.

What you said.

He's playing a Guns N' Roses song because people associate him with Guns N' Roses. There's a lot of people out there in the world who aren't obsessed with who wrote what and when. I'm certain everyone in the audience knows Slash played on the original, but they were content to see a current guitar player of the same band play it.

Getting "bravos" for something you have nothing to do with is lame. My opinion.

Oh I agree. But that's the thing with Ron. He doesn't do that stuff for the kudos. He does that kind of stuff to be nice. People in the crowd were probably expecting it, so he played it. For them. Not for himself.

So bands shouldn't do covers alltogether then, am I reading you right?

Edited by Spirit

lol at people getting mad at this

Don't see people losing their shit when Gilby does it.

Gilby videos of projects of his that have nothing to do with GNR are not allowed in this section of the forum.

Gilby deserves his association with GNR. He played in the band's longest tour at the peak of their carrer.

The comparison you just made is so inappropriate.

The audience was requesting GN'R. They have other videos with them chanting. It was nice of Ron to oblige them, if you ask me.

Oh yeah, that was 10,000,000 times better than Myles. :shrugs: