If There is One Axl Trait, Etc from the Past That You Want to Come Back?

ChristmasFnatic

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's not a matter of appearance for me. I want him to have that hunger back. Remember in 2001/2002? His voice wasn't great but Axl was in prime hungry mode. He was fucking furious at the world and wanted everyone to know that Guns N' Fucking Roses was them. Slash shirt? Get that shit outta here. Are you listening Mr. Security Man? He didn't give a fuck. 2006 Came? He was aged, like a fine wine, but still hungry. He was showing that he was the fucking man and he was going to give you the show of your life, and if you didn't like him you could fuck off. 2009 came around and it was "Well fuck we didn't win but we're fighting here," Knocking out TMZ at LAX. After that tour...it was like...it's over. He's not fighting anymore. He's the case of "Let me tell you my war stories," in a docile manner. There's no anger. There's no rage. Where did it go? Where's that Axl fucking Rose fighting spirit?!

It's not a matter of appearance for me. I want him to have that hunger back. Remember in 2001/2002? His voice wasn't great but Axl was in prime hungry mode. He was fucking furious at the world and wanted everyone to know that Guns N' Fucking Roses was them. Slash shirt? Get that shit outta here. Are you listening Mr. Security Man? He didn't give a fuck. 2006 Came? He was aged, like a fine wine, but still hungry. He was showing that he was the fucking man and he was going to give you the show of your life, and if you didn't like him you could fuck off. 2009 came around and it was "Well fuck we didn't win but we're fighting here," Knocking out TMZ at LAX. After that tour...it was like...it's over. He's not fighting anymore. He's the case of "Let me tell you my war stories," in a docile manner. There's no anger. There's no rage. Where did it go? Where's that Axl fucking Rose fighting spirit?!

What he said.

In addition, the characteristic I'd bring back from the early days was Axl's ambition to actually release music. We got five albums in five years (six in seven if you include TSI). I don't really give a shit about the clothes, hair, stage persona, and to a certain extent his choice in lineup. Between 87-91 Axl was one of the more prolific songwriters going. More of that would be great.

Soooooooooo happy that the one show I've been to was Philly. He had that anger that night. Right out of the gate, it was vintage pissed off Axl. The rant into You Could Be Mine was just unreal, he was swaggering across the stage, had that rasp....man, what a fuckin' night. Was a vision of what Axl Rose was, is, and still can be when he puts it out there. I hope Vegas lights the creative fire under his ass.

What he said.

In addition, the characteristic I'd bring back from the early days was Axl's ambition to actually release music. We got five albums in five years (six in seven if you include TSI). I don't really give a shit about the clothes, hair, stage persona, and to a certain extent his choice in lineup. Between 87-91 Axl was one of the more prolific songwriters going. More of that would be great.

Great post!!!!

Nothing more needs to be said IMO

This is a damn good post, and one that I can't really deny. If you compare the 2001-2 Axl with todays Axl, you can not notice how the hunger and drive to move GN'R forward and create something new is all but gone. Sad but true I'm afraid...

All of this he`s playing very safe nowadays

The vibe that he's the most dangerous motherfucker out there and can explode every minute. Maybe he'll dive into the audience to hit someone. Maybe he'll walk off. Maybe he'll start off on an epic rant. Who knows. All you know is that anything can happen.

That, and the hunger.The relentless hunger to prove the world wrong and kick their asses at all costs.

Past is past and gone. I don't give a shit about his hair or anything. Some ideas for the future:

- tune down a whole step

- stop playing or re-arrange the songs even a 20 year old athlet would be struggling to sing

- drop the hats and sunglasses at least on stage, more eye contact with the audience

- sit down for the acoustic shows and mic the acoustic guitars, they always sound too thin

Yeah, Axl Rose doesn't connect with the audience when he has the Sunglasses on. It's almost as if he's hiding from the world. Doesn't Kiss tune down a whole step these days? Good point on the acoustic guitars. Their electrics also sound a bit tin like.

I'd love to see a man with passion again instead of someone just going through the motions.

The electric guitars are just fine for me, maybe a bit too much compression in Ron's sound but nothing dramatic. But the acoustics just sound too piezo and cold for me, almost no bass and the lower midrange is too icepick, doesn't go too well with organic vocals such as Axl's and his performance is clearly suffering from the mess he must be getting on his monitor. Richard choosing a Humminbird for the Neil Young thing was the right thing to do but it was sort of burried in the mix, that guitar alone (perhaps with a Fishman Rare Earth pickup) would have done the job just fine, then crank up Tommy a bit in the acoustic mix and the acoustic sound is right where it should be. As for tuning down, Led Zeppelin did it, so it's sort of god-approved.

would like a few things back to have some hunger have rants wear little shorts lose some weight but more than all to sing better

guns n roses used to be the badess rock band in the world now they have became a joke.