SiriusXM Radio Live Broadcast of Nov. 09 Show + Audio Remaster

evader

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GNR show is 50 per cent showmanship.

You see this is a good point. GNR is one of those bands that are so aesthetically pleasing that you can overlook the pitch problems and little mistakes IF YOU ARE THERE. But if you aren't, all you are getting is part (albeit the most important part) of the show. Simply put Wasted is dead on here.

I just listened to Estranged from the soundboard recording of this show. Listen to Axl's voice from 5:30 to the end of the song. It is painful to hear what has happened to his voice. He used to be able to hit those high notes and they were beautiful. Now it is harsh and forced. Just doesn't sound good.

I spoke too soon. Axl's voice on Rocket Queen is even worse. Pitch is all over the place.

The thing is: Axl used to be way better than Myles Kennedy (the lead vocalist of Slash's band), but at this moment in time, Myles is much better than Axl. I'm not being a fan guy choosing sides. Just listening to what my ears tell me.

I spoke too soon. Axl's voice on Rocket Queen is even worse. Pitch is all over the place.

The thing is: Axl used to be way better than Myles Kennedy (the lead vocalist of Slash's band), but at this moment in time, Myles is much better than Axl. I'm not being a fan guy choosing sides. Just listening to what my ears tell me.

axl definitely wasn't at his best last night.

but so it goes.

He is not a professional singer anymore.He is not ok since 2011,and im sure if there were more recordings like this we would find that his performances are embarrasing.

He is not a professional singer anymore.He is not ok since 2011,and im sure if there were more recordings like this we would find that his performances are embarrasing.

I disagree. He'll have some consistency by the end of the Vegas shows, he definitely sang very well for the start of the show.

I disagree. He'll have some consistency by the end of the Vegas shows, he definitely sang very well for the start of the show.

All of us know that Axl Rose nails chinese democracy,Welcome to the jungle,its so easy and Brownstone.In most of the shows nearly 100%.The disasters are after that songs and btw,the only difficult song to sing of that 4 songs is jungle.Very cool songs btw.

Probably the length of shows takes its toll.