Saturday Night's Mic Toss/Assistance Requested

Saltzy

Being that it is obvious a few people here care about this, based on circumstantial evidence aquired from several different people on these two message boards, here is my 2 cent theory. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I am right, but I cleary have no hard proof one way or the other.

GnR signs to play the residency. Obviously at this point the Hard Rock is well aware that Axl tosses a mic into the crowd at the end of every show. They politley ask, "Axl, please, if you woudn't mind, would you please not launch an expensive mic into the crowd every night?" Axl being Axl says "Fuck You" in so many words, just keeps doing it. Which for the record is awesome if true. The Hard Rock makes the decision to go after it every time he does, and tell anyone that calls that the band's management told them to do it and they were just doing what they were told.

I just happen to have decided to be the 1st person to actually ask the band if that was true or not. Nutshell, the Hard Rock is a cheap, lying bunch of cocks.

I think you're reading way too much into this situation. I can assure you they did not hold negotiations regarding the dispersal of a microphone. I remember reading somewhere that they sub in a different (cheaper) mic for Paradise City, knowing that it will get tossed into the crowd.

It is possible somebody from GNR's management asked security to retrieve the mic, but I find that incredibly hard to believe because it would be completely ridiculous.

Yeah, you are probably right. Certainly regarding me reading way too much into the situation. At this point even I am amazed how much time and effort I have put into this ridiculousness at this point, but what can I say. When I get my head wrapped up in something I don't really know how to quit.

I'll leave it at this. SOMETHING does not add up. According to Hard Rock security,(whom I spoke with personally) they were instructed to recollect the mic at the end of every show, as per "the production company"(their words). According to Bumblefoot and everyone else I have heard from, GnR,(in whatever sense of the word you chose to use. The band, its mamagement, Axl personally, whatever) has never demanded this, nor does any one seem to know where that order would have come from within their team.

So, using simple logic, either an unknown person within GnR whom no one seems to know gave this command, or the Hard Rock is completely full of shit. I'm not really sure what Option #3 could possibly be at this point.

just a buy a shure beta 58 or 59 wireless im pretty sure thats what he uses and put it on display, no one will notice the difference and your sentimental value is just pathetic. it's a mircophone, not even an instrument, nothing personal "soul" to it whatsoever.

Genius, I can buy a whistle and say I caught it from Axl as well!

I was gonna avoid this, but my quote was actually gonna be that I was gonna buy a generic grey flannel shirt, stitch a #3 on the back and display it as a Babe Ruth game used jersey.

What can I say. Some people get it, and some people don't. Don't call me pathetic for it though you dick.

Edited by Saltzy

Wow.

I mean, wow.

I just got a call from the Hard Rock. My mic is being mailed to me from directly from GnR. Clay Hudson, I love you!

I honestly am overcome with emotion. Amazingly, I was in the car with the friend who's mic this is when I got the call. I was on the phone with my dad, who is also currently in the hospital after having, and on my life I am not making this up, his 7th heart attack, and was able to hear the voicemail at the same time as my friend.

We both completely lost it. I can't believe it. Amazing!

AMAZING! AMAZING AMAZING!

I want to send a thank you that I'm not really sure how to express in words to someone I know from 2 emails, and 2 emails only, Jarmo, who clearly did something to pull this off for me. I don't know you, but man, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I needed this right now. You are awesome!

Thanks to everyone else that helped too. You guys are awesome!

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

...and thanks to you too Axl if you had anything to do with this.

Whooo!!!

Edited by Saltzy
  • Like 1

Wow.

I mean, wow.

I just got a call from the Hard Rock. My mic is being mailed to me from directly from GnR. Clay Hudson, I love you!

I honestly am overcome with emotion. Amazingly, I was in the car with the friend who's mic this is when I got the call. I was on the phone with my dad, who is also currently in the hospital after having, and on my life I am not making this up, his 7th heart attack, and was able to hear the voicemail at the same time as my friend.

I want to send a thank you that I'm not really sure how to express in words to someone I know from 2 emails, and 2 emails only, Jarmo, who clearly did something to pull this off for me. I don't know you, but man, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I needed this right now. You are awesome!

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Whooo!!!

Great news, so pleased you kept up the fight for this as it obviously meant a lot to you.

Sorry about your Dad & hope he makes a good recovery.

Wow.

I mean, wow.

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Whooo!!!

congrats man on a good outcome, sorry to hear about your dad, hope he has a speedy recovery.

GnR rock!

Wow.

I mean, wow.

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Whooo!!!

congrats man on a good outcome, sorry to hear about your dad, hope he has a speedy recovery.

GnR rock!

Mom AND Dad both in hospital at the same time. 65 and 67 respectively. This was much needed, it being 'just a mic' or not.

Again, thanks so much to anyone and everyone that helped me out.

I owe ya big time.

Wow.

I mean, wow.

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Whooo!!!

GnR rock!

Mom AND Dad both in hospital at the same time. 65 and 67 respectively. This was much needed, it being 'just a mic' or not.

I owe ya big time.

Well in repayment perhaps you could give the mic to the person who helped the most :rofl-lol:

I owe ya big time.

You also owe $100 to the guy that originally gave you the mic. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm very happy this all worked out for you and I hope your parents get well soon.

I owe ya big time.

You also owe $100 to the guy that originally gave you the mic. :lol:

:lol:

Wow.

I mean, wow.

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Whooo!!!

Awesome news, and well-deserved. I'm so glad you were persistent. :)

Wow.

I mean, wow.

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Whooo!!!

Congratulations man!! Woohoo!! Even I got a fuckin' tear my eye!!

I'm glad I could help!

EDIT: shoot us some pics when you get ik, okay?

Edited by OptimusPrimeNL

I'm glad that this got fixed for you. I talked to a security guard and he said it was HIS boss who told them they have to collect the mic. He said he thinks it's stupid and a huge pain in the ass, but it's his job. I even asked if the order came from the GNR camp, which I didn't think, he reiterated that no, it was their boss.

And to the people who say it's just a mic - Fuck off!

At the Wilkes-Barre show last year, the girl who caught it got to keep it. I saw her in the concourse with it as I was leaving.

I saw the same girl and asked if she would let me hold it! She did! She was very trusting or else I looked trustworthy enough for her to let me. So I did actually have it in my hand, very nice!

Haha, I was just in awe of seeing it up close!

Wow.

I mean, wow.

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Whooo!!!

Amazing news, dude!! Congrats!!

So glad that this has a happy ending!!

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone on this board. You guys are awesome. I really appreciate the support, and even more so the well wishes. I just spent the day hopping from one hospital to the other to see my parents. My dad is a tough bastard, and I'm sure he will be ok. My mom however, in all likelihood, has a terminal brain disease called Lewy Bodies Disease which no one has ever heard of, but is actually the second most diagnosed neurological disorder behind Alzheimers. It's a real motherfucker of a disease, and she is in pretty bad shape. Like I said, this trip was basically about 3 things. Getting the fuck out of Dodge for a few days to get my mind off shit, seeing GnR, and celebrating my friend's brother in law's 21st birthday. My friend wanted/needed me to be there so much he bought me the plane tickets and the hotel room after I told him there is no way I can afford to go right now. After he had that mic taken away I knew it was up to me to get it back for him. It was like fate. Honestly, in retrospect this whole thing was meant to be, including having it taken away and getting it back. This story is perfect. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Now, just need to get it, frame it all up, and give it to my friend.

I honestly wish I could post the voicemail I got from the Hard Rock. It is easily the favorite voicemail I have ever got. Apolgizing profusly for any inconvenience, confirming my address, leaving personal cell numbers to call in case I have any issues, and stating repeatedly that it is the band and its management that is sending it back to me. Just totally badass. You could basically hear how the band must have had a nice little sit down about this shit, and how it would be stopping, now, in her voice. Sensational.

GnR forever.

Edited by Saltzy