So what is the magic number?

Gunzen

I am a huge fan of the political theater, it fascinates me. Those fuckers are so calculated and crazy. Right now the fiscal cliff is all the rage, and Dems want more taxes for the rich and GOP want less. But they cant seem to come to a consensus., what percentage should the rich pay? 55%, 65%, 91%, like in the 50's? So in terms of Axl and GNR, what is the number, or specifically the AGE # when Axl can just feel free to do what HE wants with his career, and use his retirement, or catalog if you will, to just play if he wants, and not what YOU think he should do? How long are fans allowed to tell artists they owe them?What age does he have to be before people get the fuck off his crank about all this, and just let him retire with his pension, much like everyone else is allowed to do?

-Slash seems to be able to play GNR songs and nobody gives him shit for it. I never hear people complaining that Slash and VR play GNR songs? They don't play many, cause, well, they are not every good, for an obvious reason.

-Slash played in a band called Velvet revolver which was obviously a lame attempt at mocking the GNR name. If you type in "Gun" in an online thesaurus you get revolver as one of the examples.

....now you don't get velvet when you punch in rose, but lets be honest, they are both colors.

So Slash can deconstruct the name, play the songs and he has somewhere along the line hit that magic number where he can do this sans criticism. So what is Axl's number? 55? 60? Does the original lineup have to be gone for 25, 30 years, LOL. When is his life/career his own in your mind, if ever? When can he do what countless other musicians do, get older, and play their hits from their previous bands? Hagar, Plant, Clapton, Roger Waters, the list goes on forever....

I am dead serious here, what age can Axl live his life on his terms, not yours, without being persecuted in the court of public opinion? This is all fun and games here, and Axl is doing just fine I am sure, he sure seems happy, and much more magnanimous in his old age, when will you be?

I didn't insult anyone here, and only used Slash cause it is obvious that Axl has been accommodating to the others, and they don't seem to mind, and actually get on stage with him. So lets just do this if we can without the insults...or not, heh.

Edited by Gunzen

You really think for one minute that Axl has NOT been doing what he wants to do? Really? Name one thing he was forced to do, just one.

Comparing Axl to Slash is not a good idea. Nobody gives Slash shit for playing GNR because since 1995 he's put out four albums of his own material (two over the past two years), compared to just one (none since 2008) that Axl has put out.

Loaded is a gun reference, is that Duff's lame attempt at mocking GNR too?

Velvet is a color? :suspicious:

It all comes down to, the GnR name. If Axl had have just gone out as "Axl Rose" he wouldn't have gotten all the negative press and he could have taken his time and just release music when he felt like it. As Guns N' Roses, he gets all the baggage and expectation that comes with the name. Without the GnR name, people would let the whole Slash vs Axl thing go (for the most part) and embrace the artist that he is and appreciate his musical output.

It's all a shame really. It shouldn't be about a name. I know it isn't to us here (well it isn't to me), but unfortunately, the public feels different.

Edited by Ace Frehley

If Axl scales down his "needs" he can just live off the royalties and already acquired fortune I guess, without having to work ever again. You always intentionally fail to grasp the true effect that using the GNR name had on Axl's carrer. Had he gone under "Axl Rose" or "Red Roses" or whatever he would not be the joke of the music industry today.

Axl is really just the scapegoat. Just because he speaks his mind, doesn't just beg on his knees to the industry, people see him as a threat. They like the status quo, everyone cowering behind each other and traditions.

So, the magic number is when he bends over and lets them fuck him. A reunion or just quit or go solo. Fuck that. Appetite for Destruction 2!!!