Would anybody else like it if Axl dissed the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame again for not inducting NWA?

Randy Lahey

NWA not being inducted is a disgrace. And it is by far the worst snub in the history of the Hall of Fame.

Deep Purple begs to differ.

Obviously Deep Purple should have gotten in before Rush and Heart, but they aren't as important to hard rock as NWA are to rap.

rock isnt rap and rap isnt rock so deep purple should get in long before NWA even get nominated.

if it was a music hall of fame i would put NWA in before public enemy.

Just look at who they have inducted over the years. It's quite obviously a music hall of fame.

then they should change the name. it would be like having the baseball hall of fame and inducting football and basketball players into it.

I've argued all the time that rap is a subgenre of rock, but in all honesty, Deep Purple are far more important to rock music than rap music is, so Deep Purple's snub is worse than NWA's.

However, I'm not sure why I'm even arguing since we both agree that these are retarded snubs. :lol:

we had this debate before :lol:

NWA should be in Hip Hop Hall of Fame

NWA not being inducted is a disgrace. And it is by far the worst snub in the history of the Hall of Fame.

Deep Purple begs to differ.

Obviously Deep Purple should have gotten in before Rush and Heart, but they aren't as important to hard rock as NWA are to rap.

Deep Purple are n`t important to Hard Rock ? they`re one of three holy trinities who shaped and broke Hard Rock and Heavy Metal in mainstream

Edited by Son of a Guns

Why would Axl induct NWA? I don't see the logic to it, but then again, I didn't understand Green Day inducting GNR.

Rush is FINALLY being inducted in the Hall of Fame and I saw an article from the guitar player saying how it's not all that important to them either, but it means alot to their fans.

I wish Rush would boycott the HOF too, so maybe people will stop bitching about Axl not showing up.

And honestly I think they should change the name of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, since they are inducting more rap and pop artists now.

Axl and Eddie Trunk are right, it's all about money and people who have no fuckin idea about rock music or musicians.

Although, I think it would be a huge slap in the face to them if Axl did induct NWA and maybe sung with them! lol Eat it Slash! lol

This is what the D&N section has become. Randy's personal playground. Yippy. Too bad you can't filter out threads based on author. I mean, I like Randy's jokes as much as the next person, but when I come to D&N, I don't want to see 50 of his threads clogging the real discussion threads.

Do you think he cares enough to "diss them again?" Aside from, "NWA didn't get in this year? Hm." I can't see this being much of an impact on Axl's life. If you're a Hall of Fame hater, or have never actually be there before, it shouldn't matter to you who's voted in, or not, either.

Do you think he cares enough to "diss them again?" Aside from, "NWA didn't get in this year? Hm." I can't see this being much of an impact on Axl's life. If you're a Hall of Fame hater, or have never actually be there before, it shouldn't matter to you who's voted in, or not, either.

But NWA deserves it.

But NWA deserves it.

So do alot of bands who haven't got voted in yet.

The idea of NWA getting in ahead of Deep Purple, Rush, or Kiss, is outrageous. Rap/Hip hop is not rock n roll. Just because something that calls itself music and challenges the status quo, does not mean its rock n roll. It merely has something in common with rock n roll, at best.

Seriously, inducting Run DMC (and future induction of NWA) is putting a nail in rock n roll's coffin because suddenly now you can induct Pac, Biggie..the list goes on and on, while real rock bands are being left by the wayside.

Furthermore, there are tons of hip hop acts that were/are sooo much better than NWA. NWA had shock value. Does anybody actually know anything past the verse few lines of Fuck the Police? Or past the first couple lines of Eazy E's verse? There is nothing timeless there because there is a serious lack of substance. One of the biggest indictments of hip-hop/rap is the lack of classics. Dudes back in the day sound corny as fuck today. But in my view Zeppelin gets better with age.

Why the hell does today's dominant music form (hip hop) not have its own HOF? Why is it parasitic on that from which it tries to distinguish itself?

Edited by Eu4ic

The idea of NWA getting in ahead of Deep Purple, Rush, or Kiss, is outrageous. Rap/Hip hop is not rock n roll. Just because something that calls itself music and challenges the status quo, does not mean its rock n roll. It merely has something in common with rock n roll, at best.

Seriously, inducting Run DMC (and future induction of NWA) is putting a nail in rock n roll's coffin because suddenly now you can induct Pac, Biggie..the list goes on and on, while real rock bands are being left by the wayside.

Furthermore, there are tons of hip hop acts that were/are sooo much better than NWA. NWA had shock value. Does anybody actually know anything past the verse few lines of Fuck the Police? Or past the first couple lines of Eazy E's verse? There is nothing timeless there because there is a serious lack of substance. One of the biggest indictments of hip-hop/rap is the lack of classics. Dudes back in the day sound corny as fuck today. But in my view Zeppelin gets better with age.

Why the hell does today's dominant music form (hip hop) not have its own HOF? Why is it parasitic on that from which it tries to distinguish itself?

The exclusions aren't intentional. I just think the committee go through all the people up for eligibility and the reasons. Maybe KISS and Deep Purple will be in competition next year, and it was actually kind of ghoulish why they would've inducted Deep Purple.

If they're doing the public opinion vote next year, I'm sure KISS and Deep Purple will be pretty high on the list.

Argument for Rush has been going on 15 years. Seymour Stein's label usually have been pushed to the top, which surprises me that The Smiths aren't in. Prog rock, punk rock and metal are constantly excluded.

I've already said that singer/songwriter genres that get inducted as performers needs to change. Randy Newman as a songwriter should be in, as a performer, shouldn't. Laura Nyro was debatable, but have to go into her predating Joni MItchell and David Geffen's first big discovery on why she was in. Tom Waits I figured was going to be in, but I could argue he performs rock songs. Leonard Cohen though? He was even commenting on not being sure why he was in.

Band lineup changes - another issue that needs to be addressed. They should not go by record sales, but by who was an official band member from the first single to present day. Metallica could've rectified the whole Dave Mustaine thing by reissuing demos with him on it, from Dave's point of view, Metallica intentionally snubbed him. Trujillo was on "Death Magnetic". That's it, "St Anger" doesn't count except that he was an official member when it was released, but did not play on the album.

I wish they had called it the "Rolling Stone Hall of Fame" and built it in San Francisco. Making the cover of RS is still a big deal, and the more covers you're on, the more likely you'll be in. It was left to a committee, not the public, and the public can always come up with their own award ceremony.

If they're gonna put a bunch of rappers in then they should rename it. I totally agree with that view. But there are a few rap acts that were very influential in bringing that music across genre, and to an extent, racial lines. Most of those acts have already been inducted and NWA fits that criteria. Their music was shocking, but it was more than just shock value. Like them or not they were one of the reasons rap hit the suburbs. At least that's how it was in our city.

After Axl's letter, if he has anything to do with the HOF he will look like a jack ass. The only way he should induct anyone if that inductee specifically asks that he do it.

And wasted is totally right, Run DMC should be in just for reviving Aerosmith's career!!! They were DEAD before DMC did Walk this Way!