Tommy Stinson leaves the stage in Delhi

Uncle Bob

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Jimmy Page but his live work is among the sloppiest of all the guitar gods. Page's real strength is writing and producing. That's where he has an advantage on Slash.

Slash is definitely Page-esque in the sense he has major chops and wrote timeless riffs and solos that sold billions of copies. Slash is on Mt. Rushmore of Rock along with Page, Hendrix, Clapton, Richards, Perry, etc. But a lot of that is credited to Axl Rose since post-GNR Slash hasnt done anything really good and most of his greatest shit was done against his will in songs like NR, Locomotive, SCOM, etc

Edited by Eu4ic

People get banned on foums all the time.

lol returned :tongue2:

Gunzen is a forum legend.

far too much multi quoting for my like here..no one really cares for Tommy.

Wrong section for your nostalgia steeped whining bud.

Nice boys don't play rock n roll. :tongue2:

Sums it all up nicely :tongue2:

Gunzen is a forum legend.

So..umm..what are you doing later, after the show??? :hug:

Solos were seen as they were before Slash came in. He did not keep anything going, sorry. He was just doing his generic thing, did not do anything different. He was a Jimmy Page alike guitar player, period. I'm not saying that The Replacements were innovative, they had a bigger cultural impact and after them punk bands had more relevance, they had the way open to other bands. You picked up guitar because of Slash, just like several other people, but nobody made any impact on the music scene. The only relevance that he has is commercial relevance and nothing else.

But we never specified what kind of relevance we were talking about. Someone just said Tommy had more relevance than Slash and Duff to which I did not agree. Pfft in the 80's it was all about how fast you could play and it got to a point where the market was oversaturated with speed metal guitar players but Slash came in a brought melody back. In the 80's solos were seen as wank factor with people like Yngwie and bands having virtuosos in them.

Dude, Guns opened the door to other bands after they break big too. Before Guns it was Glam metal that was everywhere and Guns brought a street sound and aura with them then the grunge seen killed that. I have not heard one big name act cite the Replacements as an influence or anything... Lets see some citation?

Actually, in terms of popular music, it kind of went guns n roses .. then nirvana and grunge.

I've heard said and I agree, that guns n roses was the last real rock band. And while I believe it's true, it doesn't mean they have necessarily been influential on rock music. You could almost argue it was at the end of the last era of rock success and extravagance (doplhins anyone).

The replacements on the other hand, as has been pointed out, pivotal in opening the doors for the bands after them in that genre.

Bruno has a point but he fails when he keeps talkin' about "The Replacements" instead of "Tommy the bassist".

Exactly the whole conversation is bullshit when it's "slash never influenced anyone" the replacements influenced loads of people. How can you compare a guitarist to a whole band.

That's what I'm saying, I would like to know if he'd willing to discuss the influence original Guns N' Roses had and still has. 'Cause I'm tellin' ya, Guns shits on The Replacements.

Dude, who did Guns influence? I mean, really? I don't know any band influenced by Guns, lol. They did not come up with anything new, they had commercial success and that's it. You overrate old Guns too much. They had commercial success.

Okay, I'll start. Adler's Appetite, Velvet Revolver, Slash's Snakepit and Ju Ju Hounds? lol

Edited by Bruno Poeys

Popcorn,

Lol. I love that you can't stop. I almost feel bad that I have such control over you. Too funny.

But anyway. On an actual topic related note......since you are obsessed with some phantom flip flop thing that you have made up.......Val and I posted the same exact thing. She made a blanket statement that people will blame Axl no matter what. Why didn't you attack her???? Why didn't you ask her for examples?

Everybody here knows there is a group that bashes everything that Axl does. As well as a group that defends everything that he does. You asked me for examples (a bit hypocritical of you not to demand the same from Val)......volcano. Ali. Rabia. Is three enough? And not sure why you feel that YOUR demands must be met.....that is a little arrogant of you. But whatever. I answered your question.

I understand you are young. And you have admitted that you come here to cupcake people. But you wouldn't look like such a whiny little bitch all the time if your posts weren't designed around your personal grudges, and instead you focused on the actual topics. You can do it.

On topic.........tommy got mad and didn't perform with the band for at least one song. It happens. The crowd is the loser, especially the large number of Replacement fans in attendance who came to watch him play.

Nobody associated with the band said he is quitting.

The Axl cult members need to stop whining and crying everytime somebody isn't worshipping Axl.

And the anti-Axl posters shouldn't act like this is the demise of the band.

BOTH sides turn minor events into the same old forum fights that happen in every topic.

Edited by Groghan

You never know.

We know he's PISSED becuz Axl won't do Rhiad anymore. Plus... this book contract that has just come up. Could be a Perfect Storm for him to leave and Duffs to get back in the band. Velvet Revolver ain't doing SHIT and Loaded isn't exactly lighting up the charts.

Why would Tommy quit? Did I miss something?

He walked off stage in Jakarta and now the mygnr tards are acting like something is going to happen (ie he's going to quit).

Ah I knew about him walking off but I didn't know it caused this much mygnr drama lol

Holy fuck. It's not the first time Tommy's been pissed over something. He's been the guy, next to Axl, who's been most vocal about shit like crowd members throwing shit, or sound problems - so why the sudden rumour mongering? It was already explained that his bass cut out. So be it. He's always had a passion and that probably comes with his time in the 'mats - we really needed multiple threads about this? They're playing in Japan shortly, pretty damn sure he'll be there.