New tour poster features the Greatest Hits album cover...

The Glow Inc.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then after the Australian tour back into the studio to put the finishing touches on the next album I bet

LOLLLL that's what we said about the 2006 tour in regards to Chidem. Happened over 2 years later. Also what we said about the 2010 tour. Then the 2011 tour. Then the UCAP tour, them 2012 tour and now this. Learn from history folks. It's going to be a longggggg wait for the new record. The label has even less incentive to release it as they made their cost back on Chidem with the best buy deal and the hype surrounding a new Guns record is much lower than the hype Chidem had. Not to mention best buy being burnt by lack of Axl's promotion with Chidem. Which other big chain is going to risk supporting a new Guns record? Walmart? Please, those guys are absolute sharks who would stab their own mother for a dollar, there's no way they would pay the kind of money(not even close) that Best Buy paid for Chidem.

Notice how the Australian fans are excited about Guns visiting their country, while certain other perpetually unhappy 'fans' are just here to yet again give a negative spin on every little thing.

Ummm I live in Australia genius. So does that make my statement correct simply because they are touring around my area?? I'm an Australian fan and couldn't give a toss if they toured my country. I would much rather new music. Does that make me less of a fan?

Edited by Young_Gun

Then after the Australian tour back into the studio to put the finishing touches on the next album I bet

LOLLLL that's what we said about the 2006 tour in regards to Chidem. Happened over 2 years later. Also what we said about the 2010 tour. Then the 2011 tour. Then the UCAP tour, them 2012 tour and now this. Learn from history folks. It's going to be a longggggg wait for the new record. The label has even less incentive to release it as they made their cost back on Chidem with the best buy deal and the hype surrounding a new Guns record is much lower than the hype Chidem had. Not to mention best buy being burnt by lack of Axl's promotion with Chidem. Which other big chain is going to risk supporting a new Guns record? Walmart? Please, those guys are absolute sharks who would stab their own mother for a dollar, there's no way they would pay the kind of money(not even close) that Best Buy paid for Chidem.

I should have tried to make my post sound more sarcastic. sorry!!

Notice how the Australian fans are excited about Guns visiting their country, while certain other perpetually unhappy 'fans' are just here to yet again give a negative spin on every little thing.

Ummm I live in Australia genius. So does that make my statement correct simply because they are touring around my area?? I'm an Australian fan and couldn't give a toss if they toured my country. I would much rather new music. Does that make me less of a fan?

Well you do seem to be perpetually unhappy with Guns. And let's be honest: your posts in this thread don't particularly paint a different a picture, do they? Forgive me for inadvertently stereotyping all Australian fans. How egregiously offensive of me! Here, allow me to amend my previous post:

"MOST Australian fans in this thread seem to be happy Guns is touring their country, while certain other perpetually unhappy 'fans' are just here to yet again give a negative spin on every little thing."

Is that better? You may continue being disgruntled and complaining about the band now.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I bet you 6 million dollars they won't do jackshit in terms of putting out a new record....

Six million that no efforts at all will happen on the new album between here and March? I think it's certain the guys will meet in some form. If I were MSL I would contact attornies and have this devised up.

Regarding the tour poster; I would hope GN'R didn't directly authorize, that said I don't think Axl cares what banner the band tours under, it's all about playing and playing and conveying to the public/label the continual relevance of Guns N' Roses with sold out, acclaimed shows.

If they have passed through your country two-three times already it is going to take a nutjob of a fan to go and see the exact same show and praise the thing at the end of it.

Some fans love the music and think it's enduring. As with any rock n roll band, many fans go to hear the hits and favorites played live. I guess in your book, they are "nutjob" fans. :eyeroll:

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

There isn't anything crazy about going to see one of the best modern day rock productions featuring one of the greatest genre vocallists of all time and an ensemble of world class musicians multiple times.

Well you do seem to be perpetually unhappy with Guns. And let's be honest: your posts in this thread don't particularly paint a different a picture, do they? Forgive me for inadvertently stereotyping all Australian fans. How egregiously offensive of me! Here, allow me to amend my previous post:

"MOST Australian fans in this thread seem to be happy Guns is touring their country, while certain other perpetually unhappy 'fans' are just here to yet again give a negative spin on every little thing."

Is that better? You may continue being disgruntled and complaining about the band now.

Thanks for correcting your mistake :)

I should have tried to make my post sound more sarcastic. sorry!!

;) No worries.

You're welcome. Keep in mind, I'm just a glass half-full type person, y'know? See, that's my way of saying i understand where you're coming from. I acknowledge we're both looking at the same glass. ; )

Carry on.

Edited by brainsaber

If they have passed through your country two-three times already it is going to take a nutjob of a fan to go and see the exact same show and praise the thing at the end of it.

Some fans love the music and think it's enduring. As with any rock n roll band, many fans go to hear the hits and favorites played live. I guess in your book, they are "nutjob" fans. :eyeroll:

You are describing casuals, not fans.

You're welcome. Keep in mind, I'm just a glass half-full type person, y'know? See, that's my way of saying i understand where you're coming from. I acknowledge we're both looking at the same glass. ;)

Carry on.

No worries man. I do believe you are a real fan of GnR, you are probably content with what they do which is totally up to you. I just wanna hear more music like TWAT, Better, Prostitute and IRS.

You are describing casuals, not fans.

So let me see if I understand what you're saying. If a fan goes to see Guns n Roses live 3 times in recent years, they're 'casual'? Or is it 'nutjob'?

...whatever.

No worries man. I do believe you are a real fan of GnR, you are probably content with what they do which is totally up to you. I just wanna hear more music like TWAT, Better, Prostitute and IRS.

Glass half-full, man. ; )

Edited by brainsaber

Allow me to clarify. Your description, 'fans go to hear the hits and favorites played live', can only describe casuals. 'Fans' tend to like setlist changes, new material, new productions - not 'hits' (although they can probably see the justification for including a few hits). A fan who goes to see the hits multiple times must have a screw loose.

Allow me to clarify. Your description, 'fans go to hear the hits and favorites played live', can only describe casuals. 'Fans' tend to like setlist changes, new material, new productions - not 'hits' (although they can probably see the justification for including a few hits). A fan who goes to see the hits multiple times must have a screw loose.

Bullshit. It does NOT only describe casuals.

Some hardcore and casual fans alike will go to the show regardless of what is played, because they love the band. They enjoy the show. It's not because they "have a screw loose." That's just preposterous.