Just to put it in perspective..

The Real McCoy

You cried for "Estranged", you got it.

You cried for "Civil War", you got it.

You cried for "Catcher In the Rye", you got it.

You cried for "There Was a Time", you got it.

I'm honestly sick and tired of the constant bitching and moaning about how "the band doesn't care about its fans."

Get over yourselves.

I'm with sweetness on this one. Plus, I don't think the common statement is "The band doesn't care about its fans" but "Axl doesn't care about his fans" which this evidence neither proves nor disproves. Bumblefoot cares about his fans, for example, which is something even most Bumblefoot haters don't usually deny. I think it's fair to assume he was a big factor in getting Estranged back judging from the way he initially said "fuck Estranged" (jokingly) and then tried his best to keep it a surprise until DJ blew it in a rehearsal clip which Bumblefoot hastily turned off the camera. He knew what the song meant to the fans, so he listened and not necessarily Axl. That's why it also didn't come as any surprise to me to see that Bumblefoot took the bulk of the leads in the song when they brought it back since it was likely his idea.

I'm with sweetness on this one. Plus, I don't think the common statement is "The band doesn't care about its fans" but "Axl doesn't care about his fans" which this evidence neither proves nor disproves. Bumblefoot cares about his fans, for example, which is something even most Bumblefoot haters don't usually deny. I think it's fair to assume he was a big factor in getting Estranged back judging from the way he initially said "fuck Estranged" (jokingly) and then tried his best to keep it a surprise until DJ blew it in a rehearsal clip which Bumblefoot hastily turned off the camera. He knew what the song meant to the fans, so he listened and not necessarily Axl. That's why it also didn't come as any surprise to me to see that Bumblefoot took the bulk of the leads in the song when they brought it back since it was likely his idea.

Same can also be said about Don't Cry. BBF is more important than people realise. That's why Axl hasn't gotten rid of him.

I'm honestly sick and tired of the constant bitching and moaning about how "the band doesn't care about its fans."

Get over yourselves.

how about the little shorts ? many fans want to see axl wearing his little shorts again, we got jackshit.

Get over yourselves.

Have you heard of htgth?

Use your own logic on your post. Why are you crying and moaning and bitching about the wants of other GnR fans? You are crying about what you perceive as other people crying. Maybe you need to get over yourself.

I love Axl Rose's music. And because of that I want to hear old songs, new songs, and as many different songs live as possible. I wish he would put out a new album every year. In your eyes that makes me a hater. To normal people, that makes me a die-hard fan of a band.

To some people it is more important to worship a singer's every move than it is to love the music. And to attack anybody who isn't praising his every move. Mccoy be a fan for yourself. Don't let what other fans think control your emotions and feelings so much.

If bitching and moaning is what yields results, how about we bitch and moan some more for a new fucking album. If it werent for us whiny bitches you never wouldve never heard Estranged or CW played again, according to your own logic!

Get over yourselves.

Agreed 100%

Sure, it's cool to get to hear Estranged and Civil War again, but what does that do for the band today? Their still covering songs they didn't write.

What would be cooler if we were to get new songs from the band that included Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Chris Pitman, Dizzy Reed, Axl Rose, Buckethead, Robin Finck, Brain. That'll be a accomplishment.

Get over yourselves.

Have you heard of htgth?

Use your own logic on your post. Why are you crying and moaning and bitching about the wants of other GnR fans? You are crying about what you perceive as other people crying. Maybe you need to get over yourself.

I love Axl Rose's music. And because of that I want to hear old songs, new songs, and as many different songs live as possible. I wish he would put out a new album every year. In your eyes that makes me a hater. To normal people, that makes me a die-hard fan of a band.

To some people it is more important to worship a singer's every move than it is to love the music. And to attack anybody who isn't praising his every move. Mccoy be a fan for yourself. Don't let what other fans think control your emotions and feelings so much.

That's the thing..I try not to. I just don't see the point in wasting so much energy on something that you don't have any control over.

Get over yourselves.

Have you heard of htgth?

That's the thing..I try not to. I just don't see the point in wasting so much energy on something that you don't have any control over.

Like focusing your energy on the complaints of forum members? :monkey:

Get over yourselves.

Have you heard of htgth?

One post about it per year as opposed to dozens of posts about it day after day?

Get over yourselves.

Have you heard of htgth?

One post about it per year as opposed to dozens of posts about it day after day?

I get your point McCoy.

But if this topic is getting posted about 20-30 times a day, then that is what a large portion of the forum fanbase is thinking about.

And this isn't htgth where people aren't allowed to have a civilized discussion about Axl and his band. The reason this is the most popular GnR forum is because all levels of fans post here......and besides a few clowns who only insult people....you can have a debate about Axl and the band. A real discussion instead of just worshipping.

It is a shame we do talk about it though. Wouldn't it be a kpu cooler if we were arguing about where the new band's third album stacked up against the prior releases!

Groghan... with all due respect, I think you're wrong about the amount of supposed "worshipping" going on around here. This is a fan forum, and as such, yes there will be gushers.

The number of negative threads about Axl and the band dwarfs the number of gusher threads. By a staggering margin.

And in threads where worshipping is going on (which I rarely see), there is always at least one person (usually more) who makes a critical observation (which may or may not be accurate) to bring everyone back to reality.

Get over yourselves.

Please pick out the specific forum members who begged for those songs only to keep requesting things from the band? You seem to have an easy time generalizing a WHOLE BOARD so let's see some actual examples of individuals who called for those songs who still are not happy.

All in all Real Mccoy is saying is that as a fan he and maybe other people should be pleased. And as a fan that spends money on this band I am. I want music as much as the next guy. I waited forever and a day for CD, so I'm patient.

Get over yourselves.

Wow! This amazing progress makes any other band look bleak now doesn't it? I feel like we're being spoiled. And to think that only took 6 years! Imagine what Axl could do in another 6! Maybe they'll play Locomotive or Prostitute or something! The possibilities are endless! :wub:

(how's that for perspective)

Springsteen has played over 200 different songs on this tour alone. Now he's obviously in the extreme end of the spectrum but setlist variety is a nice business model. There doesn't need to be HUGE differences, just some more spice to keep it interesting and encourage fans to go to multiple shows.