Guns N’ Roses’ DJ Ashba Cites Production Issues for Band’s Concert Tardiness

wfse

We get more spin, lies and deception from GNR than we do from the Chinese government. Sad state of affairs.

Yeah. DJ, whatever about his musicality, giving the fanbase a genuine beacon of hope regarding the possibility of a new album from our favourite band is comparable to labour camps, death penalty for spitting chewing gum etc. It's common knowledge that Axl dispatches a death squad every time we openly question his authority. If that were the case 3/4s of the main board's OPs would be corpses.

And DJ probably is going out of his way to defend his buddy, but isn't that indictive of a tight, functional band as oppose to the open criticisms other members express? I think it's far more refreshing to to see a member of the band defend Axl's actions out of comradery as oppose to business. His heart is in the right place old DJ, again irrespective of your personal issues with his musicality.

You're speaking too much sense for the cupcakes. Their heads are about to explode.

Edited by volcano62

The artist formerly known as broski returns.

I didn't give you permission to speak yet. So you're comment should be deleted

I can't believe that people still buy the excuses for Axl not getting his ass on stage like a professional.

Do U2, with their massive stage production that far exceeds the few pyros added to the GNR production, have the same complaints about their stage times from their fanbase?

Also, it's funny to note that Dj is yet to make excuses for butchering Slash's riffs.

But then again, back up Billy Bailey. Whatever doesn't get you fired.

It was a cool interview until he had to lie about lateness.

Well, he has a job to keep. You want him to get fired?!?! Seriously??

Nvmd don't answer that :P

The artist formerly known as broski returns.

I didn't give you permission to speak yet. So you're comment should be deleted

*your -_-

Touche. Still, brains a pussy

We get more spin, lies and deception from GNR than we do from the Chinese government. Sad state of affairs.

Yeah. DJ, whatever about his musicality, giving the fanbase a genuine beacon of hope regarding the possibility of a new album from our favourite band is comparable to labour camps, death penalty for spitting chewing gum etc. It's common knowledge that Axl dispatches a death squad every time we openly question his authority. If that were the case 3/4s of the main board's OPs would be corpses.

And DJ probably is going out of his way to defend his buddy, but isn't that indictive of a tight, functional band as oppose to the open criticisms other members express? I think it's far more refreshing to to see a member of the band defend Axl's actions out of comradery as oppose to business. His heart is in the right place old DJ, again irrespective of your personal issues with his musicality.

You're speaking too much sense for the cupcakes. Their heads are about to explode.

Head about to explode? Yes. Because of too much sense speaking? Lol.

Kiss, love them or hate them, have massive costumes and make-up to put on. There is more explosions at a Kiss concert than the Battle of Stalingrad. Kiss also have these big set pieces which need rigging up, Gene rising to the roof, Stanley on a rope going into the middle of the arena, Gene's fire-breathing, the rockets from Tommy's guitar. There is no doubt that Kiss have a much bigger and more technical production than gnr. Yet at 9pm Kiss will be on stage every night - you can set your watching by them. The Stones, U2, Springsteen are all stadium artists, with significently bigger stages and greater crowd control issues. Metallica play in the round and have big shows. It is complete bollocks.

Yeah. DJ, whatever about his musicality, giving the fanbase a genuine beacon of hope regarding the possibility of a new album from our favourite band

Yes. DJ giving everybody false hope will help loads. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if he's going to say stuff he'd better be able to back it up with actual things happening. Promising new stuff for years without any results is called teasing. Although I blame Axl for this at least as much as DJ. Any experienced GnR fan will tell you that if it doesn't come from Axl it's probably bollocks.

Kiss, love them or hate them, have massive costumes and make-up to put on. There is more explosions at a Kiss concert than the Battle of Stalingrad. Kiss also have these big set pieces which need rigging up, Gene rising to the roof, Stanley on a rope going into the middle of the arena, Gene's fire-breathing, the rockets from Tommy's guitar. There is no doubt that Kiss have a much bigger and more technical production than gnr. Yet at 9pm Kiss will be on stage every night - you can set your watching by them. The Stones, U2, Springsteen are all stadium artists, with significently bigger stages and greater crowd control issues. Metallica play in the round and have big shows. It is complete bollocks.

KISS also play different size venues, and they've all dealt with mishaps.

Pyros are never 100 percent safe. Grucci family had a huge explosion years ago at their facility, and they're the "go to" guys for a lot of big firework events.

I'm just amused by DJ being diplomatic and Axl being semi-apologetic, because he's looking out for his bandmate.

You know the worst part? Axl fanatics will believe in DJ's words.

I stopped believing anything DJ say's after the whole "a few surprised in LA" line in 2011. Since than anything he say's I take with a grain of salt. The only person I would believe as regards to new music is Axl. And even he's not reliable sometimes.

I really think some of the frustration over lack of material is down to our perception of 3 studio albums. The 90s was stuffed. I would say CD could cover 2000-10. Zepp and the Stones put out 7 or 9 track albums. Axl has just taken guns in this epic direction. But they could have split it into two smaller records.

Of course theres all the other stuff the line ups, management problems. Ownership of the name that just almost forced it down into this one shot deal. But you can get a Let it Bleed and Houses of the Holy out of CD. If side 1 came out it in 2000 and side 2 came out in 2008.

if another record comes out it be like 4 albums of material in 10 years.

I really think some of the frustration over lack of material is down to our perception of 3 studio albums. The 90s was stuffed. I would say CD could cover 2000-10. Zepp and the Stones put out 7 or 9 track albums. Axl has just taken guns in this epic direction. But they could have split it into two smaller records.

Of course theres all the other stuff the line ups, management problems. Ownership of the name that just almost forced it down into this one shot deal. But you can get a Let it Bleed and Houses of the Holy out of CD. If side 1 came out it in 2000 and side 2 came out in 2008.

if another record comes out it be like 4 albums of material in 10 years.

Axl apologists really will stop at nothing. Are you fucking kidding me? By my count (I did this quickly), from 1969 to 1979, a stretch that saw the releases of both Let it Bleed and Houses of the Holy, the Stones put out 75 album tracks and Zep put out 76. I didn't bother to count, but I doubt GNR/AxlVanityProject has that many from 1987 to 2013, including a fucking cover album.