If Axl/GN'R was asked to perform at Super Bowl

Jeez

Not trying to cupcake or mock the band, but Axls' voice is far from it's best and in my experience most people doesn't really like the band - they look at the new band as a joke (for instance look at the comments from the classic rock bowl).

Now I as a fan would love to see Axl and the band play the halftime show, but do you think the band would gain anything positive from it? I'm sure most of you remember their performance on MTV 2002 which was more or less a fiasco imo. Try look at it from an objective perspective.

So if they were asked to play, do you think he/they would say yes? And would you want them to?

I don't think it will to be honest. Axl is seen as too much of a liability by the industry. The SuperBowl generally plays it safe, especially after the whole Janet Jackson thing. GNR are not considered safe due to their checkered history.

There is also the fact that every high profile televised event has been a complete disaster for Axl since 2000. A SuperBowl fuckup would be the end of Axl Rose once and for all.

There is also the fact that every high profile televised event has been a complete disaster for Axl since 2000. A SuperBowl fuckup would be the end of Axl Rose once and for all.

So if he was asked (let's imagine he was asked), you think he would have said no?

Shoulda coulda woulda....if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Nobody knows.

The whole point is that nobody knows. I doubt he would say yes.

So you're able to imagine your aunt with balls, but not one of the biggest rock bands out there to perform at super bowl?

No point for you replying here then :)

Hard to say with Axl. He'd think about it if they offered it.

It also depends on who's sponsoring the halftime that year. It was Bridgestone tires, this year it's Pepsi. If Monster sponsored the halftime, they probably would have GNR on their shortlist.

More likely is some rich dude asking GNR to play a private party at the host city. Next year it's in New Jersey so it's def. possible GNR will do a private show next year. I have a feeling Bon Jovi's going to be pushing hard to do half-time next year, but it's going to depend on the sponsor and prob. people in the NFL org. They also have to cover GNR's costs.

I think Axl would rather throw one of his jerseys on and watch the game than go to cold ass New Jersey for 15 minutes of TV time. It's good publicity for the band I guess and gets some download sales.

Only in your world bub. I didn't like him performing with BEP either but Slash's own performance was fine and the public lapped it up.

And it is still a great honour, even if you foamed at the mouth in jealousy :lol:

No actually, lots of Slash fans around here acknowledged it was embarrassing. The sequinned tophat, letting Fergie bastardize GnR songs, performing with the BEPs. Slash played fine I admit, but as a GnR fan (old and new), it made me and many other fans cringe severely.

Yeah it was a great honor. Too bad he had to compromise and perform with that self-important over-hyped group B.E.P. He shoulda just gone out there and done shit proper, by himself or with Duff n Matt.

I think without question the NFL organizers would prefer an Axl and Slash line-up for nostalgia purposes; however when you consider DJ Ashba's affiliation with American football playing the national anthem, a request to the new band wouldn't necessarily be out of the realms of possibility.

GnR will do it

Axl will sound shit

DJ will fuck up solo's

Reviews will be bad

This forum will be full of bitchers

Nutswingers will attack the bitchers

Everything will blow over

We'll be back where we are now

No new music.

Edited by username

I'll bet the offer for a reunited original lineup to play the Super Bowl, has already been made.

The real question is whether they'd invite the current band. I'm thinking probably not, but if they did I think Axl would say yes.

Cut to the two-minute warning, first half, and people with walkie talkies frantically running around in a panic because Axl hasn't arrived at the stadium yet ...

Guest bellastar2355

GnR will do it

Axl will sound shit

DJ will fuck up solo's

Reviews will be bad

This forum will be full of bitchers

Nutswingers will attack the bitches

Everything will blow over

We'll be back where we are now

No new music.

lol