GNR stealed you're crazy?

Crash Diet

jaywhofan 10 hónappal ezelőtt

So, this is where Guns N Roses got their bluesy acoustic version of You're Crazy from. Interesting. lol

worldwidekillerz 10 hónappal ezelőtt

Haha I have a collection of GNR studio takes from 1985-1994. Going from memory I think you're crazy, right.

jaywhofan 10 hónappal ezelőtt

Listen to the first minute and a half of this, and then listen to You're Crazy from GNR Lies. You can kind of sing the verses to this Zeppelin track. I also hear a lot of Magic Bus by The Who.

worldwidekillerz 10 hónappal ezelőtt

I do hear the similarity with this and You're Crazy acoustic demo. Funnyt thing this is these two songs started out as acoustic demos! coincdence? I don't know man, maybe somebody out there knows.

rip off or not?

(yeah inb4 ledzepareacoverband)

I don't know that it's stealing. Art inspires art, it could be argued that nothing is truly original. I watched a great TV show the other night but it clearly borrowed heavily from 1984 and The Running Man. Didn't stop it being great though.

agreed

Btw i know Led Zep rips tons of classic rnr, blues songs, but today i watched some "proof videos" of their plagiarism and they truly steal and not credited the original artists, this is sad (despite the fact: they're doing better versions than the originals :awesomeface: )...

On topic: yeah, You're crazy: maybe only influences and not an exact ripoff

I think early Fleetwood Mac gets overlooked a lot on their influence in music, but a lot of people hold them in high regard as far as British blues rock bands go. I do wish Peter, Mick Fleetwood, and John McVie would do some shows, even if it was a part of the current lineup of Fleetwood Mac.

• 2 weeks later...

That's actually Gallow's Poll in the Zep video.

And the only time I think they've come close to almost ripping off a song:

Out Ta Get Me - Jumpin Jack Flash

I only just noticed the skull hidden in guns and the centre of the bullet

What are you smoking? I do not see any skull anywhere.