Isn't it strange how fast Axl let himself go?

wfse

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh no shit. But my dad doesn't look so drastically different as he did ten years ago. ESP when he looked pretty similar from 91 to 01. Not that I normally care about this shit, but sumthings def off, and you're in denial if you say otherwise. Personally I just think he's lost the fire.

Uhh no shit. But my dad doesn't look so drastically different as he did ten years ago. ESP when he looked pretty similar from 91 to 01. Not that I normally care about this shit, but sumthings def off, and you're in denial if you say otherwise. Personally I just think he's lost the fire.

well, he reapeared fatter on 2009 and while 2010 was going on, he was getting thinner and in 2012 sometimes he was bloated and not bloated, its just about having a healthy lifestyle, in 2006 he even had abs

Here are pictures of Axl a week ago. "Let himself go"? That's such hyperbolic horseshit. But then again, I don't subscribe to the shallow hollywood ideal of what people should look like, as seems to be the case with more than a few posters on this forum. It's almost as if some posters are trying to wage a bizarre anti-Axl PR war, in the same vein as conservative talk show hosts hating on libs all the time.

15471858508442959696.jpg39721100302098814213.jpg

Edited by brainsaber

I can't be bothered to read through all the replies but if it's just brainsaber and the like complaining about how it's not a fair comparison because the second pic was taken after a show - no shit. It's just an example. Take any pic from recently and compare it to 2006.

As for the above pics - there are tons of filters on him and even then, he looks pretty bad in comparison to 2006/2007. No need to go into "Axl nutswing defense mode". He doesn't look as good as he used to. That's all. Perhaps he needs the goatee back so he can cover up those chins.

I can't be bothered to read through all the replies but if it's just brainsaber and the like complaining about how it's not a fair comparison because the second pic was taken after a show - no shit. It's just an example. Take any pic from recently and compare it to 2006.

As for the above pics - there are tons of filters on him and even then, he looks pretty bad in comparison to 2006/2007. No need to go into "Axl nutswing defense mode". He doesn't look as good as he used to. That's all. Perhaps he needs the goatee back so he can cover up those chins.

I just think you don't really know what the phrase "let himself go" means. It's a bit much. Has he put on a couple pounds? Well nooooo shit Sherlock. For 50 years old, he looks fine. No need for me to go into "Axl nutswing defense mode," because you're just being a drama queen about Axl. I won't get in the way of you sharing your passionate opinions about Axl's looks. Clearly, it's very important to you on a deeply meaningful level to communicate your unique revelations, so I won't derail your thread. Carry on, carry on.

Hey post a pic of yourself so you can get cyber bullied because that is whats tough these days i guess lmao

Is that because you have seen your Dad every day in the last ten years and you haven't noticed the change do you think? Put up a photo now and one from ten years ago so we can see if there's any difference.

Is that because you have seen your Dad every day in the last ten years and you haven't noticed the change do you think? Put up a photo now and one from ten years ago so we can see if there's any difference.

Hahahahaha +1

I think generally he looks fine for a 51yr old guy. The main problem, if you want to call it that, is the chin/Jowl area which I suspect is alcohol. The reason I say this is because I have noticed over the last couple of years I suffer similar effects if I drink regularly for prolonged periods. I'm 37 and it is something that is just starting to happen, no doubt if I don't cut down it will happen more with every passing year.

Having said that, going on a diet and lifestyle change at any age will reap benefits. Go and google Boy George, also 51, and look at the effects of his current weight loss especially around his neck. Although if he looses any more he will tip the balance and be too thin so you can't win in the public eye I suppose.

Edited by alfierose

I think generally he looks fine for a 51yr old guy. The main problem, if you want to call it that, is the chin/Jowl area which I suspect is alcohol. The reason I say this is because I have noticed over the last couple of years I suffer similar effects if I drink regularly for prolonged periods. I'm 37 and it is something that is just starting to happen, no doubt if I don't cut down it will happen more with every passing year.

Having said that, going on a diet and lifestyle change at any age will reap benefits. Go and google Boy George, also 51, and look at the effects of his current weight loss especially around his neck. Although if he looses any more he will tip the balance and be too thin so you can't win in the public eye I suppose.

Yeah just few days ago there was news on Boy George's transformation due to his lifestyle change. Everyone including Axl should adopt 'a healthy lifestyle' (that's what he said after the Golden Globe) as not only it helps you look good, it also adds more to your living years.

I love him so it is just natural that I want him to look better (I know he can) and be healthier and fitter, there's nothing wrong with that.

In 2006 he could have honestly passed for being in his late 20's/early 30's sometimes.

axl_rose_6.jpg

Now....

Axl_Rose_and_a_friend.jpeg

I wonder what happend. Maybe, at a guess, Axl was at another turning point, faced with decisions:

Work on a new album, thus withdraw from the limelight for years on end, only to be too old to tour it, assuming a record company picks it up.

Hit the road and tour, tour, tour, head down, same old same old set list night after night, making every effort to be on time, and get the job done, and make as much cash as possible, if only to prove to the world (and record companies) he can do it.

Throw in the towel, and say fuck it.

As we know.. he took the tour option. Maybe the trim look was of little interest. Maybe he thought, well i'm 50 now, I'm here to be a GN'R tribute band and I really don't care what anyone thinks.

Yeah just few days ago there was news on Boy George's transformation due to his lifestyle change. Everyone including Axl should adopt 'a healthy lifestyle' (that's what he said after the Golden Globe) as not only it helps you look good, it also adds more to your living years.

I love him so it is just natural that I want him to look better (I know he can) and be healthier and fitter, there's nothing wrong with that.

I got to see the Boy George photo during the week. I wonder if someone said 'look George, fucking sort out the weight problem, you look a mess, the fat, bald, tattoo, ton of black make-up under the chin isn't working.. not to mention you'll be happier if you loose the weight'. Being fat don't suite Boy George. Maybe he is off the drugs too. Maybe now he might make some more music of par with his hey-days.

Edited by vaida