Isn't it strange how fast Axl let himself go?

wfse

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to untie his robe slowly and gently. :drool:

He doesn't look so bad, he just looks a little chubbier. But 2006 Axl was just yummy

... and burn the horrible thing? :rofl-lol:

Hate to have to break it to wfse but we all do get older & don't have a say on how we look as we do. Nature takes it's course & we just accept it, also the photo below looks like after a 3hr concert performance & a shower - you can't expect him to look his best.

Weight ages people dreadfully. I bet if he got in shape and got rid of that awful moustache he'd look great. He should cut out the cigars and cut back on the booze and anything else that he's being doing that you wouldn't describe as "a healthy lifestyle".

If he lost the mustache and wore normal t shirt and jeans clothes and no hat, he would look fine. Instead he looks like some old guy who runs a gormet restaurant but eats half the food because noone else likes it.

Edited by liers

This.

Weight ages people dreadfully. I bet if he got in shape and got rid of that awful moustache he'd look great. He should cut out the cigars and cut back on the booze and anything else that he's being doing that you wouldn't describe as "a healthy lifestyle".

And this.

If he lost the mustache and wore normal t shirt and jeans clothes and no hat, he would look fine. Instead he looks like some old guy who runs a gormet restaurant but eats half the food because noone else likes it.

Lose 15lbs and it will take 10yrs away from his age. He needs to divorce the Jager. It's taking a toll on his looks.

I remember he looked absolutely perfect and young in 2001 at Rio. His hair looked amazing, long and silky-like, and he was also in great physical shape. I remember some people on the forums saying he looked fat then, which really makes me laugh now. Also, he had the charismatic stage presence that he had always been known for. Voice was perfect too. He seemed so focused and the new band seemed amazing. Axl, Finck, Buckethead, Stinson, Fortus, and Brain...what a dream band. I thought wow, this is really happening and that we'd get Chinese Democracy for sure in 2002. Everything was going great. US tour was in full swing and they performed at the MTV video awards. Then Axl doesn't show up for the Philly concert, tour canceled and it's been all down hill since then for Axl :(

I wonder what the hell really happened? He put such a great effort into this band and seemed to care so much. This was Axl's dream, so why did he throw it all away? Why not release Chinese Democracy(which could have been released 3 years earlier in '99) while they're touring and doing huge shows like MTV awards? They could have made epic videos with that band and with Axl's youthful appearance. The album would have been absolutely huge in 2002 if they had released it then and done the proper promotion with conceptual videos similar to what Axl had done in the past. There was so much potential with Axl then and that band. What made Axl want to give up on the dream?

I remember he looked absolutely perfect and young in 2001 at Rio. His hair looked amazing, long and silky-like, and he was also in great physical shape. I remember some people on the forums saying he looked fat then, which really makes me laugh now. Also, he had the charismatic stage presence that he had always been known for. Voice was perfect too. He seemed so focused and the new band seemed amazing. Axl, Finck, Buckethead, Stinson, Fortus, and Brain...what a dream band. I thought wow, this is really happening and that we'd get Chinese Democracy for sure in 2002. Everything was going great. US tour was in full swing and they performed at the MTV video awards. Then Axl doesn't show up for the Philly concert, tour canceled and it's been all down hill since then for Axl :(

I wonder what the hell really happened? He put such a great effort into this band and seemed to care so much. This was Axl's dream, so why did he throw it all away? Why not release Chinese Democracy(which could have been released 3 years earlier in '99) while they're touring and doing huge shows like MTV awards? They could have made epic videos with that band and with Axl's youthful appearance. The album would have been absolutely huge in 2002 if they had released it then and done the proper promotion with conceptual videos similar to what Axl had done in the past. There was so much potential with Axl then and that band. What made Axl want to give up on the dream?

Not that I give a shit, but I always thought there was something odd about his hair in the early 2000s. As in, a wig, extensions, something. It looked thicker than it did a decade previous.

Not that I give a shit, but I always thought there was something odd about his hair in the early 2000s. As in, a wig, extensions, something. It looked thicker than it did a decade previous.

He had it pulled back at times though with sunglasses and you could see his hair line. Also there are pictures where he has it tied back and you can see his hairline. He cut his hair in the mid/late 90s, getting rid of all the dead/split ends, so it grew back more evenly and fuller looking. I do think he dyed it, though. Now it is all frizzy looking most likely because it was braided for 7 years.

Since around 98, he's been parting it in the middle too instead of to the side.

Edited by liers

It can grow out differently depending on the cut. Not saying that's what happened though but hair is weird :)

I dunno but it's really fucking annoying because he had everything going for him. He just needed a kick in the ass to get it done but everytime sumone tried, they got shit canned.

Prob the same reason why beta is still around and this band hasn't done a fucking thing. Fucking despise her. Like she wouldbt let slash talk to axl. All so she could keep her fucking cash cow going. Sumone call la migra on her and get her ass deported.

Same bullshit topic, just like with the threads about his voice. Take the best picture of him then, and compare with a bad picture of him now.

Yes he looked slimmer then, and younger but that was almost 7 years ago and also it is fairly clear that he had some kind of cosmetic surgery done which probably amplifies his youthfulness. There is no point comparing two points in time that are spaced apart by such a time difference. He looked great for his age then, and he looks very good for his age now. The relative decline in respective to his age is natural and expected, and thus is hardly worth mentioning.

Then again, if there's very little else to discuss then these type of threads are to be expected..