Chinese Democracy II is at "Definite Maybe" status

Randy Lahey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't happen in 2013.

Nor will it happen in 2014.

I've been right for years. With CD and with it's followup.

Care to prove me wrong for a change Axl?

I can give you a definite maybe

Is this decade's "Soon is not the word"

Edited by username

Well if there is no chance for it to be released this year, he should have just said no. So maybe there is a chance afterall eh?

You know the scene in Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey's character asks the girl what the chances are of them being together and she says "More like one in a million..." Then he says, "So you're telling me there's a chance!"

It's kinda like that.

Even though his answer was funny and i plan to use it for other things (definitely maybe), at least he acknowledges that he's going to be releasing music soon. At least those songs are eventually going to see the light of the day. It was a positive interview. And seeing it on a bright side, even though he sounded a little annoyed when he started with multiple questions thing, he answered questions he doesn't normally answers so...

It is much better than hear him talkin about his halloween trees...

Even though his answer was funny and i plan to use it for other things (definitely maybe), at least he acknowledges that he's going to be releasing music soon. At least those songs are eventually going to see the light of the day. It was a positive interview. And seeing it on a bright side, even though he sounded a little annoyed when he started with multiple questions thing, he answered questions he doesn't normally answers so...

How anyone can read Axl's interview and listen to Bumblefoot and think that anythiing is even close is beyond me. Talk about people hearing what they want to hear....

Axl basically said nothing is planned.

Ron said they haven't recorded anything and can't even get together in a studio.

Axl acts like a prick and gets defensive whenever he is asked about new music....not a very positive sign....and saying definitely maybe is another way of being a prick.

The guy has put out 1 album of new material over the last TWENTY YEARS.

Let's repeat...he has put out one album of new material in TWENTY YEARS.

You people are like Charlie Brown kicking the football....it isn't happening. Nothing is happening. This is a band that tours based on the success of a band from 25 years ago. They are good musicians, but they are lead by an extremely mentally ill person with anxiety and accountability issues who has surrounded himself with yes men who enable the shit out of him.

And by the way...outside of the people on this forum, the band is a joke. Axl Rose is now a joke. He looks like shit. He sounds like shit. He hasn't done anything of note in twenty years. He has alienated his fans. He has been through almost a dozen managers.

The guy wasted more talent than any artist in recent memory. He is a genius and created what I consider to be the greatest music of my generation....but he is done. Fifty plus year old Rock Stars usually have their best years behind them. And nothing by the way in Axl's case indicates any good times are ahead.

He is a lazy, mentally ill, bitter, dishonest, perpetually late, inconsiderate, overly litigious narcissist and anyone who believes anything he says or infers is due for serious disappointment.. Axl has kept about one out of 100 promises he has made...he treats the fans like shit.....he holds a band of touring musicians hostage.....he badmouths the guys who got him to where he was.....and in his incredible amount of free time he can't manage to keep himself or his voice in shape, despite his profession as a touring musician.

I would bet the mortgage on this:

No new music this year.

No new music next year.

Maybe no new music ever.

This band is the biggest waste of time going...Enjoy the albums you have...skip the joke of a tour and move on with your lives to something that has a chance of being satisfying.

If you've ever noticed with Axl, pretty much everything he says has an somewhere between an underlying and very obvious sarcastic tone unless it's regarding Slash or the fans. Then he's pretty blunt.

I think the "definately maybe" answer was definately maybe sarcastic.

I think it's a pretty cool and funny answer. I'll have to steal is and use it when apropriate.

We should create a movement... instead of the "fuck you Axl Rose" which is getting old, or the "soon is the word", we should create the "definitely maybe" movement! :xmasssanta:

We should also take signs with "definitely maybe" written on it to the shows :rofl-lol:

Edited by AndreCC

I think it's a pretty cool and funny answer. I'll have to steal is and use it when apropriate.

We should create a movement... instead of the "fuck you Axl Rose" which is getting old, or the "soon is the word", we should create the "definitely maybe" movement! :xmasssanta:

We should also take signs with "definitely maybe" written on it to the shows :rofl-lol:

That would be so funny! Oh wait...it's really gay. And watching this fat fuck show up three hours late, sing like shit and bastardize the creations of a once great band with his pack of touring musicians calling themselves something they are not is a disgrace.

Edited by dude69

That would be so funny! Oh wait...it's really gay. And watching this fat fuck show up three hours late, sing like shit and bastardize the creations of a once great band with his pack of touring musicians calling themselves something they are not is a disgrace.

Stop crying kid

I just hope with the mention of 'Goin' Down' that the band rehearses it and they actually play it sometime this year. At least the live boots from 2001/2002 were something to listen to in the 4 or 5 years till something leaked.

Dude 69 - You're not being fair now...1 album in 20 years is definitely not good, but for the last few years the band has kept fans entertained and has become more active. Now all of a sudden Axl gives a new interview and he even talks about a future album.

I can't take out anything negative on this interview. It was very positive! For him to even consider releasing a new album is pretty good in my books!

I just thought it was a funny quote.

Jimbo - you have plenty of good bootlegs to hear from 2009 to 2012. Even a pro shot filmed performance!

Edited by AndreCC

If Beta cared for anything other than Axl's immediate happiness, she could use the same ultimatum she used to become the manager and get him in a studio with a deadline and just finish up the already recorded songs, hell - just get the 5 closest to being finished and update them. A normal band could easily release an EP by April with GnR's material.

If you watch the hot sauce stream with Ron, I think it's apparent that another record will be released. Notice Bumble even used the term "ChiDem 2," then made a point to discuss the distinction between unreleased music and new music. It almost sounded as if he was a bit bummed because he knows the next record will be songs from a previous iteration of GnR.

I dunno we'll see.

Dude 69 - You're not being fair now...1 album in 20 years is definitely not good, but for the last few years the band has kept fans entertained and has become more active. Now all of a sudden Axl gives a new interview and he even talks about a future album.

I can't take out anything negative on this interview. It was very positive! For him to even consider releasing a new album is pretty good in my books!

I just thought it was a funny quote.

Jimbo - you have plenty of good bootlegs to hear from 2009 to 2012. Even a pro shot filmed performance!

If by "kept entertained" you mean "further tarnished his legacy and embarrassed himself" than I agree 100%.

This band is a joke. Axl is a joke. There are only two things that can correct it:

A. Release a kick ass album of new material

B. A reunion with the people who actually made the music that Axl is making his living off of

I find it extremely hypocritical that Axl shits all over Slash but has no problem making money off the material that Slash co-wrote with him. And by the way, anyone who observes the two being interviewed and/or their public behavior over the last 20 years can see which one is a mental patient and which one seems reasonable.

How anyone can read Axl's interview and listen to Bumblefoot and think that anythiing is even close is beyond me. Talk about people hearing what they want to hear....

It's quite simple really. Axl is talking about releasing Chinese Democracy II and Ron is talking about an album written and recorded by the current touring lineup.

At least he sounds more optimistic than in previous years.

Not about new stuff. Before CD was released he was talking about CD 2 and CD 3! Now he answers a serious question about the future of the band in one sentence and writes a thousand-word answer about being late. He's obviously more concentrated on answering things that will affect the sales of the upcoming shows. This fucking bothers me A LOT. I want new music by my favorite songwriter. I want more of CD. It's my favorite album. It sucks to have good taste :tongue2:

I rember early 2008 it being slated then it going to br mixed. But i might be mixed up.

that was in Feb 2007, about a month before the tentative release date Axl set.

Wolfmother just released their full new record (Which has been in the works for 3 years) on soundcloud today for streaming, without announcing a title, cover art or a release date. imagine how cool it would be if Axl did something like this.

Edited by The Matinator

It's quite simple really. Axl is talking about releasing Chinese Democracy II and Ron is talking about an album written and recorded by the current touring lineup.

It's simple huh? Please highlight for me wherever Axl mentions he will be releasing new music. It seems to me the opposite...he deflects and makes sarcastic comments about new music. Only in this forum is that considered "Talking about releasing Chinese Democracy II." A logical human being would read it and say that he is talking about NOT releasing new music...again, instead of inferring things please point to me specifically where Axl gives any confirmation about new music being released anytime soon.

And Bumblefoot's rant was not in any way positive...it was negative regarding new music.