Is Prince a douche or what ?

The Glow Inc.

I think Prince is a great entertainer, I don't think he's ever put on a bad show, but he does this thing where he'll run through the hits to get to some 15 minute song no one knows.

I think he's one of those guys you can go see and enjoy it without buying any of their music.

Diana Ross and Mariah have been mentioned as people not liking to work for, but catch anyone on a bad day and they'd prob. make the list. But I'm talking about consistently.

What people (crew) don't like are teenage pop stars doing it.

Len, you sure he knew Keith Moon or just told you stories because he knew you were a fan? I'm assuming he had some sort of memorabilia.

Prince is a brilliant eccentric.

If he was phony, or even half-assed, he would go home and put on sweat pants and drop the theatrics, but he is his theatrics. There is no line where his persona ends and his individuality begins. People can hate that, especially when he acts so bizarre, but I think it gives him a real legitimacy.

Prince used to have a stipulation whereby journalists could not quote him directly. If you were conducting an interview with Prince, you could not use his words verbatim, hell, you couldn't tape or record the words he used. The journalist would have to reconstruct the interview through their imagination, so it was more like a fictional narrative based on Prince's own words. What this achieved was that it kept Prince a mysterious and enigmatic figure. Prince wasn't going to reveal himself to the public, he wanted the journalists to convey a sense of himself so he could remain somewhat abstracted. That to me is pretty hilarious and out there. Definitely an original mind.

Yeah his music is not for everyone, but Prince is the greatest entertainer we have today. When you combine his singing and guitar work, nobody can touch him. Throw in his dancing (not so much since the hip injury) and the fact he can play more than 20 different instruments, and you've got one hell of an extraordinary performer. Not to mention all the music and lyrics he's written for himself and many others.

Guest Len B'stard

Len, you sure he knew Keith Moon or just told you stories because he knew you were a fan? I'm assuming he had some sort of memorabilia.

Well i can't vouch for any of anyones stories that i hear second hand but i feel like he was telling the truth because, firstly he weren't even aware that i was that big a fan, secondly he was sort of reticent to tell me the story, it weren't like he said it in a boastful way, he seemed to be recalling it in the way one might recall something REALLY annoying that happened to him. And a lot of people around here (if you're a bit of a talker like me) like, could give you stories cuz as i say, they used to play here quite frequently.

The person i know who had their record from The High Numbers days talks about em too although never met any of them except having had John Entwhistle walk past but i mean, speak fondly of the gigs and that, another guy, a biker fella was the one who told me about the roadie-ing and he was sort of a chance meeting too, through work and being a Who fan i knew he was being pretty accurate with those early europe tour dates.

And another guy still who runs a music store, one of the oldest stores in town in fact, i think it's been around since the 50s and anyway he sells old/second-hand instruments and whilst buying a guitar once The Who somehow cropped up in the conversation and he said they came into his store back in the day and my having a massive boner for The Who was like wow wow wow, what were they like, what did they say, what did they do, was Moon really mental and y'know, the usual question and he was like well, nothing really, they came in and one of them asked a question or two about certain instruments, the rest pretty much said nothing and then they walked out and i was like ohmigod, you met the sodding Who and thats ALL you got to tell me?!?! And he was like well i wish i could help you but there's really not a lot to tell, they just looked like your average lads in their late teens, early 20s, a bit scruffy and tired looking and they asked a couple of questions and left pretty quickly, in fact it was only after someone else told me that i realised they were somebody with some measure of fame (he was much more into Jazz etc still is), they were just nice cordial young boys :shrugs: Don't sound much like The Horrible Who, does it? :lol:

On topic:

Enigmatic my arse, just an empty vessel if you ask me. A lot of this fuckin' mystique lot are just basically a bunch of people with no personality so they peel back the cover slowly for ya so's you don't realise quite how boring they are.

Axls a case of that, i saw that interview he done recently with...fuck knows who, some big talk show guy, was it Jimmy Fallon? Honestly, the guy coulda put my brain to sleep, i watched the first youtube vid and didn't even bother with the next one.

Edited by sugaraylen

I just wanna know why a professional musician, in this day and age, is playing an Epiphone and not a Gibson?

It wouldn't make a difference if it's a 61 epi.

"Epiphone instruments made between 1957 and 1969 were made in the Gibson factory at 225 Parsons Street and on Elenor Street. Only solid guitars with flat tops and backs were made at the Elenor Street plant (both Gibson and Epiphone) in Kalamazoo, Michigan. These Epiphone instruments were effectively identical to the relevant Gibson versions, made with same timber, materials and components, and by the same people as the contemporary equivalent Gibson guitars. They shared the Gibson serial-number sequence."