Is Prince a douche or what ?

The Glow Inc.

He borrowed Kirk Douglas' ( The Roots ) 1961 Epiphone for a performance on Jimmy Fallon and then proceeded to smash it during the show.

Then, the poor guy asked him to sign it so he can frame it ( can you say doormat ? ) and Prince said "lolno".

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/195134/prince-smashed-someone-elses-1961-epiphone-on-fallon/?fb_comment_id=fbc_136600926514312_153121_137063473134724#f3ac44b074

Who smashes someone else's guitar, seriously ?

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Guest Len B'stard

The Who started the whole smashing guitars thing and by Pete Townshends own account he used to go in there grab one our of Marshalls and dash out going "i'll pay you tuesday!!" and smash it later that night at a gig so apparently, in answer to your question, the forebearers of guitar smashing smashed other peoples guitars :lol: Logical really if you think about it, what'cha wanna smash your own for, you'll need that one later.

Edited by sugaraylen

It's prob. not Kirk's most prized guitar, but maybe he saw that as a gift because he smashed it and made it more valuable to auction off? He's weird like that. Kirk had said the guitar was there because of a planned Prince tribute with some former members from the band.

Prince also makes a move of handing off his guitar to someone in the audience where they're excited about it, but then security comes to retrieve it.

I liked Kirk's response, and Vernon Reid's. I think anyone who plays guitar thought it was fucked up because it was a vintage guitar, not a replica.

He prob. wanted Prince to sign it so he could auction it off to a charity down the road - now he'll just get the guitar repaired, and hopefully get it back to the same condition and feel it was before he gave it to him. Hard to say whether Prince will make it up to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKHR6oe52Q

It's prob. not Kirk's most prized guitar, but maybe he saw that as a gift because he smashed it and made it more valuable to auction off? He's weird like that. Kirk had said the guitar was there because of a planned Prince tribute with some former members from the band.

Prince also makes a move of handing off his guitar to someone in the audience where they're excited about it, but then security comes to retrieve it.

I liked Kirk's response, and Vernon Reid's. I think anyone who plays guitar thought it was fucked up because it was a vintage guitar, not a replica.

He prob. wanted Prince to sign it so he could auction it off to a charity down the road - now he'll just get the guitar repaired, and hopefully get it back to the same condition and feel it was before he gave it to him. Hard to say whether Prince will make it up to him.

I was about to put up the same thing. Game blouses!

I just wanna know why a professional musician, in this day and age, is playing an Epiphone and not a Gibson?

He brought the guitar in for the Prince tribute at Carnegie Hall (even though he's in NY, he's not going to see people cover his songs, it's a big complaint of his), and Prince talked him into playing it.

He does play custom Gibsons.

Him refusing to sign it after breaking it, is just as douchy as him treating sumone elses guitar like that in the first place.

This.

Prince, for as brilliant as he is, may also be the biggest tool in the industry.

Nah, Madonna wins that award ...
October 29, 2012 8:09 AM
Madge drew boos and triggered a walkout among fans as she sought support for President Barack Obama in her 'MDNA Tour' in New Orleans. "Seriously, I don't care who you vote for...Do not take this privilege for granted. Go vote," Madonna urged fans who booed her down for supporting Obama over Republican Mitt Romney, Daily Mail has reported. However, this is not the first time the Material Girl is seeking support for Obama. Previously, in a concert held last month in Washington D.C., Madonna offered support to Obama but in her speech called him "the black Muslim in the White House." "It means there is hope in this country. And Obama is fighting for gay rights, okay? So support the man, goddammit!" she said.
October 19, 2012 5:15 PM ET

Madonna left the gun play-heavy segment of her MDNA concert intact on Thursday night at Denver's Pepsi Center, upsetting some fans who say the pop star should have removed the section in light of the July movie theater shooting in nearby Aurora, Colorado. The AP reports that fans called into local TV stations after the show to air their grievances over the segement, in which the pop star wields a prop gun and pretends to shoot an imaginary criminal while images of blood splattering are displayed on a backdrop. The scene takes place during Madonna's performance of "Gang Bang," a song off MDNA that contains the lyrics, "shot my lover in the head."

August 29, 2012 3:29 PM

Madonna was supposed to take the stage at 8PM for her concert at the Wells Fargo Center, according to the Philly Post. Now, a diva like Madonna has earned the right to operate on whatever time schedule she wants. But when it reached 10PM, after endless microphone checks and with still no sign of the ‘Girl Gone Wild,’ restless fans began showing their frustration by chanting “B.S.” and booing. Madge finally arrived at 10:24PM

July 29, 2012 12:53 AM

That riot at a Madonna concert in Paris had nothing to do with her brief performance -- it was payback for Madge's repeated use of a video featuring a swastika on a French politician ... this according to fans at the show and sources connected to the venue. TMZ spoke with several people who were in the crowd Thursday night (and have been to several of Madonna's recent concerts). They say there were 10 or so "fans" in the audience who started the ruckus ... and those people were overheard yelling about Marine Le Pen. Madonna has been at odds with Le Pen ever since she started projecting the right-wing leader's face -- with a swastika over it -- during this tour.

July 27, 2012 11:11 AM

Madonna gave a political speech during her concert which lasted just 45 minutes. The singer said she had "a special affinity with France" as she opened the last minute concert, but drew boos from many disappointed fans. Some had camped outside the Olympia club since Wednesday in anticipation of the show. The 2,000 tickets sold out in minutes, with fans paying between £80-£200 and some changing hands for up to £1,000. Madonna was also criticised for talking about politics instead of singing, after revealing she had a message for France's extreme right-wing leader Marine Le Pen. France's National Front is threatening to sue the star for using an image of Ms Le Pen with a Swastika superimposed on her forehead at a concert earlier this month. "I know that I have made a certain Marine Le Pen very angry with me," Madonna told fans. "It's not my intention to make enemies. It's my intention to promote tolerance," she continued.

The Who started the whole smashing guitars thing and by Pete Townshends own account he used to go in there grab one our of Marshalls and dash out going "i'll pay you tuesday!!" and smash it later that night at a gig so apparently, in answer to your question, the forebearers of guitar smashing smashed other peoples guitars :lol: Logical really if you think about it, what'cha wanna smash your own for, you'll need that one later.

I heard somewhere that back in The Who's earlier days, before they had a few quid kicking about, they used to have a couple of guitars just for smashing at the end of a show that they'd spend ages gluing back together before the next night cos they were too skint to keep knacking a new axe every night. :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah, a bloke i know used to roadie with them during the 60s and said it was one of his mates that had that job. He also told me a story about how Keith Moon could run up a wall and go in a circle and land on his feet, cool eh? :lol: They used to play down the trade union hall which is about five minutes walk from where i am now, back when they were the high numbers so i've met quite a few locals that met them/knew them/saw them play. The bloke who used to run the army surplus shop down the road told me about he once got in a kick off with Moonie for trying to chat up his bird..

"he walked in with a big long red leather coat on...i mean what kind of a poof wears a long red leather coat, the little dickhead" :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

To be honest, i've always wanted one since the bloke told me the story :lol: ...but you tend to just nod politely when you're in that situation. Apparently he left to go to the loo and found Moonie there chatting to his bird and they were laughing and giggling away until he turned up and sat back with her and Moonie said something like well i'll be seeing you later and said something like 'hello squire' in something of a cheeky way which wound the bloke up who followed him outside and pinned him up against a wall and duly threatened him, apparently Moonie was very apologetic and didn't want any of it and was like "alright, alright, i was only being friendly" etc :lol:

One of the people i know who used to go see em down the trade union hall even owns one of the singles they released as The High Numbers which i imagine could be valuable these days although who knows.

On topic: Prince is a fucking nob-cheese...never even liked his music, never saw the attraction on any level.

Edited by sugaraylen