**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whether or not this concert film is ready for release is not solely at the discretion of TB. GN'R is under contract with UMG, so they have to be on board for a release to occur as well.

Ali

so what are you saying? That UMG fucked up here not TB?
No. I'm saying that there are multiple parties involved in order to get a GN'R release out, including the label. So, if so emerging was not taken care of and was missed or not finalized, as opposed to some 11th hour issue, there is responsibility to go around.

Ali

Slash would be preventing release?

Days after the start of a major publicity campaign for a release in cinemas and in home video show / movie " Appetite For Democracy " in the coming months , varying from country to country, behold, the representatives of the performative artistic guild governed by W. AXL ROSE tribulations are to license the product worldwide .

Owners of movie theaters around the globe who have already agreed to purchase the rights to display the artwork in their establishments were reported earlier this week that the entire strategy on the distribution of the film was suspended indefinitely.

As some ' insiders' have declared the internet , the cause of the setback of the marketing plan of the current team of Rose [which would make use of the display show in theaters and its arrival in stores on Blu-ray 3D to promote the upcoming tour of artistic entity in South America , as well as a second season in Las Vegas , where the material was shot in traverse of the first residency at The Joint Axl ] would be a personal vendetta of two other original members of GUNS N 'ROSES , DUFF McKagan SLASH , that would be vetoing the release of licensing of music composed in collaboration with Rose .

Such a response would crocodilagem the frame led by Axl to the launch of the live ' Made In Stoke ' career title Slash solo that simply can not be released in the U.S. because of lawyers and rights holders for publication and licensing part of Rose had demanded too much money for release in U.S. territory .

Legal advocates Axl still trying to reach an agreement with the other parties .

Source : Appetite For Democracy : Slash would prevent release? http://whiplash.net/materias/news_817/199432-gunsnroses.html # ixzz2vmoAhFyy

Some questions,

If Axl prevented Slash from releasing GnR songs on a live DVD............why wouldn't he expect Slash to return the favor? If that really happened, why would fans on here bash Slash for doing the same thing that Axl did?

My exact thoughts/questions as soon as I heard that Slash was holding up the release.

Exactly my point all along. Honestly not trying to take sides even though it's coming off like I am, but Axl swung first and now has to lie in the bed he made.

Slash just has to be honky dory about accommodating Axl? Why?

Because Axl fans are always really nice with Slash. Never badmouth him or say twisted things about him. Slash owes this to Axl fans after all their support.

Then we also had Axl try and block any use of Slash on guitar hero and the wanting to rerecord old songs for movie soundtracks

Bingo. I assume people forgot about that?

"Take that one to the heart, Axl!" - Slash

Edited by Nosaj Thing

As much as Axl fanatics want to bash Slash, this thread is full of proof that Axl is a vindictive bastard. They seem to forget all the shit their god has done to harm Slash in any way possible. I've wanted a reunion for so many years, but now I realize that the classic members are better off doing their own thing than to reunite with someone that is so hateful to the core.

Slash wants more money? He deserves it because he wrote these fucking songs that this cover band plays. I say give Izzy more money too.

Sure Slash has done some harmful things to Axl, but it's peanuts compared to what Axl has tried to do to Slash. Comon, how desperate must you be to try and block someone from a goddamn video game???

Long life to Slash!

Claiming that everyone who hates Slash is an irrational Axl nutter is just as badly generalizing as what they do.

I hate Slash because he's a slimy scumbag, his personality is boring and his musical output outside of GNR is usually below par. Has nothing to do with some need to stay loyal to some fat singer.

How can you hate someone you never met and has never done anything to you or your family?

The guy just plays a fucking guitar for fucks sake.

And by the way, the guy has most of his friends too, they are the people that know him, in real life. Why that escapes your types I'll never know,

So I think your emotions are all to do with some equally bizarre loyalty to a singer you don't personally know who could give two shits about you either.

These are two faded 80's divas who won the music lottery and are fighting over the scraps...I happen to be a fan of both divas but could give two shits about their legal handbag swinging.,

Hate was probably the wrong word to use. But really, I talk shit about Axl all the time. You must be blind if you think I base my opinions on him.

As much as Axl fanatics want to bash Slash, this thread is full of proof that Axl is a vindictive bastard. They seem to forget all the shit their god has done to harm Slash in any way possible. I've wanted a reunion for so many years, but now I realize that the classic members are better off doing their own thing than to reunite with someone that is so hateful to the core.

Slash wants more money? He deserves it because he wrote these fucking songs that this cover band plays. I say give Izzy more money too.

Sure Slash has done some harmful things to Axl, but it's peanuts compared to what Axl has tried to do to Slash. Comon, how desperate must you be to try and block someone from a goddamn video game???

Long life to Slash!

This.

Long life to Slash!

I just cannot understand how this got fucked up.. Given the amount of time it took to release this thing and then something so fundamental gets fucked up is just beyond. I blame everyone invovled in this thing from Axl to TB to UMG to Rock Fuel including lawyers and everyone else. You all suck. Major fail once again.

• Like 1

The guy just plays a fucking guitar for fucks sake.

So I think your emotions are all to do with some equally bizarre loyalty to a singer you don't personally know who could give two shits about you either.

These are two faded 80's divas who won the music lottery and are fighting over the scraps...I happen to be a fan of both divas but could give two shits about their legal handbag swinging.,

As spot on a post as I have seen here in some time. I will never understand that either.

The Slash people are just bitter towards Axl. Silly, yes, but somewhat easy to rationalize.

But with the Axl people, you get the feeling they think Axl is watching them. Like he's going to log on one day and give them an e-high five for backing him 24/7/365, against everything.

Edited by D-GenerationX

Some questions,

If Axl prevented Slash from releasing GnR songs on a live DVD............why wouldn't he expect Slash to return the favor? If that really happened, why would fans on here bash Slash for doing the same thing that Axl did?

My exact thoughts/questions as soon as I heard that Slash was holding up the release.

Exactly my point all along. Honestly not trying to take sides even though it's coming off like I am, but Axl swung first and now has to lie in the bed he made.

Because Axl fans are always really nice with Slash. Never badmouth him or say twisted things about him. Slash owes this to Axl fans after all their support.

Then we also had Axl try and block any use of Slash on guitar hero and the wanting to rerecord old songs for movie soundtracks

I thought the Guitar Hero situation was about Axl wanting equal promotion. It sounded reasonable and it was agreed to in

a contract. Please explain it if I'm wrong.

To be fair Axl never blocked slash from guitar hero. Axl took the creators to court after it was released and failed to be compensated.

Funny how slash doesn't block GNR material when it comes to using original material in films like Terminator Salvation, and that animated movie a few years back with jungle on it. And countless other films. Slash wont block them because its his material thats being played.

Edited by Axl_morris

If this gets screwed up noones going to goto a third cinema release ...................................................

What kind of business was this going to do anyway though?

I realize the expectations would not have been huge, but did we ever get an idea what this was forecast to do?

Some questions,

I thought the Guitar Hero situation was about Axl wanting equal promotion. It sounded reasonable and it was agreed to in

a contract. Please explain it if I'm wrong.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/02/axl-rose-guitar-hero/

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

To be fair Axl never blocked slash from guitar hero. Axl took the creators to court after it was released and failed to be compensated.

Funny how slash doesn't block GNR material when it comes to using original material in films like Terminator Salvation, and that animated movie a few years back with jungle on it. And countless other films. Slash wont block them because its his material thats being played.

That seems very logical and Slash is totally right from doing that...

they are both the same, no small wonder why they do not get along. they just go about it in different ways. axl is the more straight forward grab a gun and rob a convenience store type while slash is a politician in a three piece suite who steals from you with a smile. both in the end are the same type of snake.

Edited by bran

and here i was hoping that when i came home from work this would be resolved, im sorry rockfuel that you got involved in this shit storm, but this is fucking pathetic on both slash and axls fault, dont give two fucking shits about there history, i gave up hope on this dvd awhile ago because it took them more then a year to actually get up to this point and right when were super close to an actual release date it gets blocked again.....and while i agree that slash has every right to be a dick back to axl after the blocking of stoke on tent dvd, it doesnt mean he should sink to axls level and block him back.....its just fucking stupid

• Like 1

I still don't understand how any of the original members can stop something that has nothing to do with them.

I mean Slash and Duff and others signed over the GNR name to Axl, so I don't get how they can get involved with any projects that don't involve them physically in any way.

I guess it's "rock music" politics. What shit.

• Like 1

they are both the same, no small wonder why they do not get along. they just go about it in different ways. axl is the more straight forward grab a gun and rob a convenience store type while slash is a politician in a three piece suite who steals from you with a smile. both in the end are the same type of snake.

These are rock stars in a pissing contest.

I'm not sure the armed robbery and grand theft examples are on the nose.

These are rock stars in a pissing contest.

I'm not sure the armed robbery and grand theft examples are on the nose.

it was just an analogy :lol: i think they are both assholes just the two of them go about it differently. axl is more straight forward about it while slash is the slimy type, but in the end both are assholes.

Edited by bran

I still don't understand how any of the original members can stop something that has nothing to do with them.

I mean Slash and Duff and others signed over the GNR name to Axl, so I don't get how they can get involved with any projects that don't involve them physically in any way.

I guess it's "rock music" politics. What shit.

This not about the name. It´s about the songs that are performed live. Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven have rights over old songs