**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just to clarify, all the songwriters would have to sign a licence to permit Axl to use those songs. So that entails, not just Slash, McKagan and Stradlin, but Adler (for Appetite material) also - as well as Buckethead if Shackler's Revenge, Scraped or Sorry were in the setlist. Is Better played? That would entail a licence from Finck. That is how things operate. Normally, this stuff would have been sorted out earlier.

I dont know why people are blaming the former members. How the fuck can a FUCKING MANAGEMENT not get things done until it's all announced? They should have handled this (signed papers, etc) way before giving rockfuel the green light. There is no excuse anymore. Amateurish management at its absolutely best, or worst.

I cant believe Queen will release three Michael Jackson/Freddie songs 30 years later before Guns can release a live DVD. Yup.

I'm outta likes.

Several dead people released more new songs than Axl in the last 20 years. Amazing. :lol:

• Like 1

If this is the work of Slash, then I say praise be because if it's true that Axl blocked his DVD in the states, then Slash has every right to do the same, if that is what is going on.

Fair.

But to me, this still comes down to Team Brazil. This all came up yesterday? That seems odd to me.

In order to absolve TB, its going to have to come out that they had all their ducks in a row, and that supervillain Slash came in at the 11th hour with new, over the top demands.

Absent that revelation, this falls on TB not having their shit together.

I dont know why people are blaming the former members. How the fuck can a FUCKING MANAGEMENT not get things done until it's all announced? They should have handled this (signed papers, etc) way before giving rockfuel the green light. There is no excuse anymore. Amateurish management at its absolutely best, or worst.

I cant believe Queen will release three Michael Jackson/Freddie songs 30 years later before Guns can release a live DVD. Yup.

I'm outta likes.

Several dead people released more new songs than Axl in the last 20 years. Amazing. :lol:

:lol: :lol: They can work out things with family/management/record label/band members/etc of two gone artists (R.I.P.) yet Guns cant handle with former members a release of a show recorded 2.5 years ago even though they all would make profit out of it. That's terrifc.

Anyone else think this whole DVD announcement of a potential release was just a play by rockfuel to create a buzz to give them strength in negotiating a release?

As we know, Axl resents being strongarmed into doing something. There is absolutely no way Rock Fuel would have attempted such a crazy ploy.

They wouldn't have announced anything unless GNR management and Interscope had approved every detail..

It's the only way Chinese democracy was released. Just looks like a desperate move by a company that had nothing to lose anyway. The record label prob said "sure. Good luck."

Edited by suckerpunched03

From MSL

Heard another thing the other day that I thought was interesting. We already knew that publishing issues had been holding up the Vegas DVD. That info came directly from somebody in Rock Fuel. We'd speculated that the problems may have been with some of the cover songs played during the show.

However, now I'm hearing that the publishing issue actually had to do with getting Slash and Duff to sign off on the release. So that was the big hold up. You can't sync the classic songs to video without their permission. It just sucks all around for GNR fans because the GNR songs were cut from the Velvet Revolver DVD, the second Velvet Revolver DVD wasn't even released in the US, Slash's DVD couldn't be released in the US, the GNR songs were cut from Slash's bonus DVD, and now GNR's Vegas DVD has been delayed repeatedly.

Hopefully we still get it at some point. I thought the trailer looked awesome.

So Crash Diet was right all along?

From MSL

Heard another thing the other day that I thought was interesting. We already knew that publishing issues had been holding up the Vegas DVD. That info came directly from somebody in Rock Fuel. We'd speculated that the problems may have been with some of the cover songs played during the show.

However, now I'm hearing that the publishing issue actually had to do with getting Slash and Duff to sign off on the release. So that was the big hold up. You can't sync the classic songs to video without their permission. It just sucks all around for GNR fans because the GNR songs were cut from the Velvet Revolver DVD, the second Velvet Revolver DVD wasn't even released in the US, Slash's DVD couldn't be released in the US, the GNR songs were cut from Slash's bonus DVD, and now GNR's Vegas DVD has been delayed repeatedly.

Hopefully we still get it at some point. I thought the trailer looked awesome.

So Crash Diet was right all along?

Thanks for looking it up. I knew I'd read something like that somewhere...

So that's the second theatrical run they cancelled... I admit I wasn't expecting much to happen but it would have been nice to get a 3D blu-ray release to see them in action.

The solution now is to write new material with the current lineup, play the new album completely like they did with CD in Asia and release that instead.

Someone who uses tweeter can ask Slash about this? I would love to see this resolved. If it does, we can expect everything from the 2001 Las Vegas to the documentaries and so on.

If Slash is involved directly in this we can demand a resolution from him, just like we demanded from Axl all this time not knowing the shadows over this business.

Slash probably realizes that a cover band playing his songs that refuses to release original material is the last thing we need. Can't wait for Slash's new album. But damnit if I don't want to hear the '96 demos.

I'm pretty sure most of the '96 demos ended up being VR/2nd Snakepit Album/Slash solo album songs. We know that at least one song from "The Project" was retooled as Ghost for the 2010 self-titled album:

And Axl mentioned Fall To Pieces came from the '95/'96 sessions. I doubt there's much in the vault from Slash/Duff/Izzy/Matt that didn't get released that is worth listening to.

Guys, suggest we all book a chemo appointment. I can feel this $la$h cancer infecting me by the minute.

Fucking wise up. It's all well and good cracking jokes, but we've got two posters on this board that actually have to go through chemo.

• Like 1

Slash probably realizes that a cover band playing his songs that refuses to release original material is the last thing we need. Can't wait for Slash's new album. But damnit if I don't want to hear the '96 demos.

A few riffs and general jamming?

Sure, Slash knows that what we all want is to hear Myles Kennedy singing the GNR tunes.

• Like 1

Meh. I already have a great quality DVD of RIR 2001. You know, the band that actually wrote and recorded Chinese Democracy.....And most likely the next album, should it ever squirm its way out of Axl's vice-like grasp.