**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fuck Axl and fuck Slash. Both are real losers for being so immature and petty since 19 fucking 96.... That's right, almost 20 years of this bullshit and for what? I bet Slash was pissed about Stoke and now he is trying to block this and they are both so stupid for doing things like this. They are in their 50s and they are pissed over who left what, controlled that, said this in a ROCK BAND! A band! From 20+ years ago! It baffles me that this is such a great feud. People cheat on one another, steal from one another, hurt one another, beat one another, yet forgive one another. The fact that they are so angry over such petty things is absurd.

I know I don't know all the facts, but jeez this is sad. And to think some people on here think we are ever getting another album released under a "GNR" name. Yeah right, I honestly think a reunion is just as likely. Someone else said it best, they can't get a freakin' DVD out. Kiss new material goodbye.

We are the stupid ones for thinking this was happening.

Also, thank you so much Rockfuel. You have been really awesome trying to get this out and communicating with us. We appreciate it. And on a sarcastic note- thank you, Jarmo (his posts on HTGTH are hilarious right now!)

• Like 1

Fuck Axl and fuck Slash. Both are real losers for being so immature and petty since 19 fucking 96.... That's right, almost 20 years of this bullshit and for what? I bet Slash was pissed about Stoke and now he is trying to block this and they are both so stupid for doing things like this. They are in their 50s and they are pissed over who left what, controlled that, said this in a ROCK BAND! A band! From 20+ years ago! It baffles me that this is such a great feud. People cheat on one another, steal from one another, hurt one another, beat one another, yet forgive one another. The fact that they are so angry over such petty things is absurd.

I know I don't know all the facts, but jeez this is sad. And to think some people on here think we are ever getting another album released under a "GNR" name. Yeah right, I honestly think a reunion is just as likely. Someone else said it best, they can't get a freakin' DVD out. Kiss new material goodbye.

We are the stupid ones for thinking this was happening.

Also, thank you so much Rockfuel. You have been really awesome trying to get this out and communicating with us. We appreciate it. And on a sarcastic note- thank you, Jarmo (his posts on HTGTH are hilarious right now!)

A-fuckin'-men.

Okay, if this movie and dvd is about the new GNR, then what the hell does Duff and Slash have to do with it's release?

Sorry, but I don't understand how either one of them can stop a new GNR movie/dvd from being shown in theatres or sold in stores, if it doesn't include footage of the original members?

Well, at least Axl isn't getting blamed for it.

Because the members of Axl's band are performing some of the songs Axl, Slash and Duff co-wrote and had songwriting credits for. They need to agree on that, otherwise it can't be released.

I'm just trying to remember what I've read before so I might be wrong. You can always ask your son about it, maybe he can help. :shrugs:

I don't know if someone should "blame" Axl for this. All I know is that if he and Slash would be in good terms, nothing like this would happen.

Why won't Axl Rose just write some new songs without Slash and Duff, and play them???

Good point!!!!!!

Do we know that this is a Slash and Duff issue? NOT saying that it isn't, but didn't the message just say original member's reps? That could mean Izzy. Or Axl. Or Adler. It could be an issue with how the songs are credited on the booklet that comes with the DVD. Before people start laying blame on Slash for this, maybe we should wait for the actual facts to come out?

Coma - I think a competent management team would have handled all the contractual stuff BEFORE this far in the process. If this was a one time thing I'd understand your defense of TB, but how many issues like this come up with so many different GnR related items before you have to start laying the blame of the pattern on somebody. Album release dates, music video releases, movie theatre releases, tour dates, dvd releases.......almost every time something new comes up with GnR it ends up being a cluster-F. I follow a lot of other bands and when news leaks about them and their upcoming plans, 99% of the time things go smoothly and you end up with the final product. But with GnR.........just look how long this DVD thing is dragging on.

I'm not "hating" bro, I'm just disappointed.

I want Axl and GnR to succeed as much as anybody on this forum. I'm the guy who wishes Axl would release a box set this year with 4-5 albums worth of new music. I'd pay $500 today for that box set.

It just gets tiring to see this kind of thing continually happen. Heck, their ex original drummer, with all the problems he has had, is able to release albums. The follow up drummer just released a solo album!!! Slash has released like six albums since leaving GnR. Duff is able to release albums even though they barely sell.

How is it humanly possible that Adler is able to release more material than Axl?????

TB only took over the band mid-2011.

It was later than that. Peter Katsis managed the band at the start of the 2011 NA tour.

Ali

Team Brazil have been with Axl since the start of New GNR just because they weren't official management doesn't mean jack

I see it like this management + Team Brazil making decisions from 01/01/01 till 2011 and now full management

Saying that Team Brazil are nice people I don't know the reason behind all the screw-ups but I wish the failures didn't happen

Sure it does. You said yourself the management team, be it Merck, Doc McGhee, etc. were involved in the advising process from the management side for GN'R before. Now, since they are not just working for Axl, and are managing Guns N' Roses, they along are involved in the management of the band. That is two different scenarios.

Regardless, that wasn't my point. My point was they did not take over official management duties until after the start of the 2011 NA tour.

Ali

official or not Team Brazil have always had influence from start of New GNR

Their influence would be greater being in the official capacity of band management, not having to deal with another person/management company.

Ali

One more thing, Axl can bitch all he wants about the label, lawyers, former members, and all the outside problems in the world but there is no reason releasing things and running things should be this hard. If all the pain and suffering Axl, Slash, and the rest of them (both former and current members) went through for all these years, and all the bitterness, keeping the name, all of that was for nostalgia tours than what the hell is the point? Why not just do it with the guys who wrote the tunes? You won't do it because you are mad at one another? That is so stupid but fine, at least make a name for yourself and release new material.

One more thing, Axl can bitch all he wants about the label, lawyers, former members, and all the outside problems in the world but there is no reason releasing things and running things should be this hard. If all the pain and suffering Axl, Slash, and the rest of them (both former and current members) went through for all these years, and all the bitterness, keeping the name, all of that was for nostalgia tours than what the hell is the point? Why not just do it with the guys who wrote the tunes? You won't do it because you are mad at one another? That is so stupid but fine, at least make a name for yourself and release new material.

My theory is he was ready to throw in the towel mid-2010 with that tour cancellation tweet. I think he thought that if he can't release new music, then what's the point? Then I'm sure he was convinced to embark on the nostalgia tour thing for his family's sake.

My theory is he was ready to throw in the towel mid-2010 with that tour cancellation tweet. I think he thought that if he can't release new music, then what's the point? Then I'm sure he was convinced to embark on the nostalgia tour thing for his family's sake.

I can sadly believe that. He did seem to care a lot more during the 09- 10 tour. Not bashing the shows since, but there is a difference

I can sadly believe that. He did seem to care a lot more during the 09- 10 tour. Not bashing the shows since, but there is a difference

Thing I find curious is why OMG was heard in rehearsals for Rio '11, Going Down was on the setlist for that show, and then... nothing.

Thing I find curious is why OMG was heard in rehearsals for Rio '11, Going Down was on the setlist for that show, and then... nothing.

Yeah, i don't know it is bizarre. My personal theory is that Axl never really recovered from Chinese Democracy's reception. I think if it did a lot better we would have had at least a second album by now (just my theory).

Not sure why this was announced if all the licensing etc hadn't been agreed, and if in fact Axl had blocked Slash from releasing a DVD with Guns tunes in the US then why the hell should Slash agree to this, it's embarrassing to the name GN'R doing the Vegas act with people like #Ashbaswag so I got no beef with Slash over this. Focus on getting a new album out, forget nostalgic Vegas DVDs/3D cinema releases and pointless touring and do what bands are meant to do - release some feckin music!

on a side note, t's funny seeing a certain mod on another board lose his shit, only reason I ever go on there is to see how he desperately defends the band and management etc so that he keeps his place 'with the band' and what bullshit argument he comes back with to people who are only saying what we all know yet he refuses to allow/believe.