**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can I post from 'the other board' please?

You can post any information from any site you'd like to here and of course we encourage giving credit for any information shared.

edit-

It's probably good to point out that at no point have we said to not do so. I can't speak for the person who removed the original "the other board" comment, but my guess would be that there was no reason for the dramatics.

You can post any information from any site you'd like to here and of course we encourage giving credit for any information shared.

Ok thanks http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/314/gnrtruth-exclusive-update-rockfuel?page=1&scrollTo=5866

*mod edit*

The information is as follows posted by wfuckinga:

I just got off the phone with Rock Fuel after contacting them about the AFD cancellation. There was a small issue regarding licensing and I was told two things

1-the issue is being worked on by the two parties as we speak

Ok thanks http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/314/gnrtruth-exclusive-update-rockfuel?page=1&scrollTo=5866

*mod edit*

I just got off the phone with Rock Fuel after contacting them about the AFD cancellation. There was a small issue regarding licensing and I was told two things

How could Walker fucking Alford know ev'thing and we don't?

Even he claims has the unreleaaed stuffs..

*mod edit*

How could Walker fucking Alford know ev'thing and we don't?

Even he claims has the unreleaaed stuffs..

The same information was posted on here by rockfuel.

Okay, if this movie and dvd is about the new GNR, then what the hell does Duff and Slash have to do with it's release?

Sorry, but I don't understand how either one of them can stop a new GNR movie/dvd from being shown in theatres or sold in stores, if it doesn't include footage of the original members?

Well, at least Axl isn't getting blamed for it.

Lmao. Just lmfuckinao. I told you all not to count your eggs :lol:.

What a crock of utter shit they're copping out this out on Slash and Duff too. This shit was announced a year ago. What kinda "professional management" can't sort this shit out in a YEAR? And on top of that, isn't it a bit unprofessional not to have all your legal Is and Ts dotted and crossed before setting shit up? Yeah, I thought so too.

And if anything, judging from what we heard in the trailer, Slash and Duff did Axl a favor :shrugs:.

• Like 1

Can we agree that if it were Slash, Duff, Bucket, Robin...or anyone that is no longer in the fold, Axl or TB should have no problem telling us that?

Well, of course they SHOULD have no problem doing that. However, to accomplish that they would have to lift their heads to stop pompously filating themselves. I'm not sure that, say, Fernando could qualify.

Said this on HTGH, but I can see very clearly why there could be a problem doing that:

If there is still an opportunity to resolve the disagreement on licensing and get the DVD/Blu-ray release out, what benefit would there be to going public about any disagreements/issues?

Ali

Agreements should have been made long time ago about this.

I dunno. This situation feels very familiar. There were negotiations for a video, alternate covers, remix albums, a second album....All of which fell through the fingers of the same clowns involved in this current nonsense. I doubt that email would have gone out, along with the laundry list of cancellations if this thing was destined to go the distance....

Yet......so many people on this forum still think that Team Brazil is a great management team. :shrugs:

Can we agree that if it were Slash, Duff, Bucket, Robin...or anyone that is no longer in the fold, Axl or TB should have no problem telling us that?

Well, of course they SHOULD have no problem doing that. However, to accomplish that they would have to lift their heads to stop pompously filating themselves. I'm not sure that, say, Fernando could qualify.

Said this on HTGH, but I can see very clearly why there could be a problem doing that:

If there is still an opportunity to resolve the disagreement on licensing and get the DVD/Blu-ray release out, what benefit would there be to going public about any disagreements/issues?

Ali

Agreements should have been made long time ago about this.

I dunno. This situation feels very familiar. There were negotiations for a video, alternate covers, remix albums, a second album....All of which fell through the fingers of the same clowns involved in this current nonsense. I doubt that email would have gone out, along with the laundry list of cancellations if this thing was destined to go the distance....

Yet......so many people on this forum still think that Team Brazil is a great management team. :shrugs:
Tell us more.

Okay, if this movie and dvd is about the new GNR, then what the hell does Duff and Slash have to do with it's release?

Sorry, but I don't understand how either one of them can stop a new GNR movie/dvd from being shown in theatres or sold in stores, if it doesn't include footage of the original members?

Because the members of Axl's band are performing some of the songs Axl, Slash and Duff co-wrote and had songwriting credits for. They need to agree on that, otherwise it can't be released.

I'm just trying to remember what I've read before so I might be wrong. You can always ask your son about it, maybe he can help. :shrugs:

I don't know if someone should "blame" Axl for this. All I know is that if he and Slash would be in good terms, nothing like this would happen.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Because the members of Axl's band are performing some of the songs Axl, Slash and Duff co-wrote and had songwriting credits for. They need to agree on that, otherwise it can't be released.

I'm just trying to remember what I've read before so I might be wrong. You can always ask your son about it, maybe he can help. :shrugs:

I don't know if someone should "blame" Axl for this. All I know is that if he and Slash would be in good terms, nothing like this would happen.

Why won't Axl Rose just write some new songs without Slash and Duff, and play them???

Why won't Axl Rose just write some new songs without Slash and Duff, and play them???

Seems very easy, no? But people love AFD, Lies and the UYIs.

In my opinion, a set full of Chinese Democracy songs and the - until this very moment - imaginary follow-ups would make the attendance decrease by 95%.

Seems very easy, no? But people love AFD, Lies and the UYIs.

In my opinion, a set full of Chinese Democracy songs and the - until this very moment - imaginary follow-ups would make the attendance decrease by 95%.

Don't be too hasty. I think we owe Axl Rose at least another 25 years of good faith before we decide he can't write a decent song or carry a tune.

Good point!!!!!!

Do we know that this is a Slash and Duff issue? NOT saying that it isn't, but didn't the message just say original member's reps? That could mean Izzy. Or Axl. Or Adler. It could be an issue with how the songs are credited on the booklet that comes with the DVD. Before people start laying blame on Slash for this, maybe we should wait for the actual facts to come out?

Coma - I think a competent management team would have handled all the contractual stuff BEFORE this far in the process. If this was a one time thing I'd understand your defense of TB, but how many issues like this come up with so many different GnR related items before you have to start laying the blame of the pattern on somebody. Album release dates, music video releases, movie theatre releases, tour dates, dvd releases.......almost every time something new comes up with GnR it ends up being a cluster-F. I follow a lot of other bands and when news leaks about them and their upcoming plans, 99% of the time things go smoothly and you end up with the final product. But with GnR.........just look how long this DVD thing is dragging on.

I'm not "hating" bro, I'm just disappointed.

I want Axl and GnR to succeed as much as anybody on this forum. I'm the guy who wishes Axl would release a box set this year with 4-5 albums worth of new music. I'd pay $500 today for that box set.

It just gets tiring to see this kind of thing continually happen. Heck, their ex original drummer, with all the problems he has had, is able to release albums. The follow up drummer just released a solo album!!! Slash has released like six albums since leaving GnR. Duff is able to release albums even though they barely sell.

How is it humanly possible that Adler is able to release more material than Axl?????