**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guys, suggest we all book a chemo appointment. I can feel this $la$h cancer infecting me by the minute.

Fucking wise up. It's all well and good cracking jokes, but we've got two posters on this board that actually have to go through chemo.

That would be twisting things waaay out of context.

Meh. I already have a great quality DVD of RIR 2001. You know, the band that actually wrote and recorded Chinese Democracy.....And most likely the next album, should it ever squirm its way out of Axl's vice-like grasp.

Great quality? Ive only ever seen pixlated crap. Need an hd version.

I bet Slash was pissed about Stoke and now he is trying to block this and they are both so stupid for doing things like this.

Do you have any realiable information that Slash tried to include the Gn'R songs in his live Blu-ray/DVD? Maybe he didn't even try to get the licensing because he knew Axl would say no. Slash, however, was able to release his uncut blu-ray in the UK.

If you think about it, he has no reason to approve Axl's request either. :shrugs: Is it stupid and childish? Yes, but it is what it is. In the end, both of them are having this nonsensical war and the fans are the ones who get the finger.

• Like 1

Yep, they're both wrong. The reaction is a little bit different cause Slash's fanbase is a lot smaller and less passionate. I'm curious to see what happens next.

What happens next?

What happens next is that Axl and the gang go out next week and play the same setlist, with Axl in poor voice, and some will attempt to sell us we should just be happy with that.

I've been told that Slash expressly is solely responsible for the delay and is digging his heels in te ground for more revenue.... Take that as you will but it's

Come directly from 2 seperate and very reliable sources (and no, NOT Beta/Fernando!).

As in...more than was originally agreed to?

I've been told that Slash expressly is solely responsible for the delay and is digging his heels in te ground for more revenue.... Take that as you will but it'sCome directly from 2 seperate and very reliable sources (and no, NOT Beta/Fernando!).

As in...more than was originally agreed to?
Oh sorry no I'm not privy to that but someone ****** basically emailed and said (my words just summarising!) "... Axl's done his best to get this out and get behind it but Slash is making life v awkward by blocking the licensing and further delaying the process"

His opinion was this was being done for revenue reasons only an yet the other source said it was don't to purely frustrate Axl knowing he'll be blamed for it whilst Slash comes put smelling of roses (again, this is NOT my opinion but it WAS expressed and the sources are v real)

Sorry on iPhone for typos!

• Like 1

Very smart move, Slash. Very smart.

Yes, very smart indeed. He tried to get back to GNR by force, by "good will" and now, in the process of making his 3rd solo album, he came up with this.

It's no secret that his solo material sucks, VR is lost and he's not returning to GNR in this lifetime. So he must be thinking, fuck this, im gonna be the asshole of the year cos ain't going anywhere without Axl.

• Like 2

Disagree.

He is going to look like every bit the ass Axl looks like a lot of the time with his childish bullshit.

Not that he cares.

Like I said, he has no reason to be nice to Axl.

Agree with that, but I also still think what I said earlier.

You can tell me that he's justified sinking to Axl's juvenile level, and I'll be onboard. I will not be onboard saying he won't look every bit the same petulant child Axl looks like when he does it.

In other words, there is no scenario where he engages in the same bullshit Axl practices but escapes the same flack. Asshole behavior is asshole behavior. It doesn't depend on who is doing it.

Disagree.

He is going to look like every bit the ass Axl looks like a lot of the time with his childish bullshit.

Not that he cares.

You can tell me that he's justified sinking to Axl's juvenile level, and I'll be onboard. I will not be onboard saying he won't look every bit the same petulant child Axl looks like when he does it.

In other words, there is no scenario where he engages in the same bullshit Axl practices but escapes the same flack. Asshole behavior is asshole behavior. It doesn't depend on who is doing it.

I understand that. To me, it's just stupid how these two guys will die fuckin' each other's lives.

But if you called me a cancer, said that I should have never been in Guns N' Roses to begin with or left after Lies, and then write me an e-mail to give you MY permission to release something that you and I did when we worked together, I would definitely tell you to fuck off. I wouldn't even ask "money", I would say: "Fuck you, have a nice day".

This is not going to change one single bit about how people who hate Slash feel about him. He was always the devil to Axl and his supporters, so now the devil is out there.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 2

Disagree.

Not that he cares.

But it's well played, every finger points at Axl. And this action by Slash will be forgotten in time. But Axl is once again carrying the weight of the "perfectionist fuck who won't release shit".

I like this Slash, the passive aggressive fuck is annoying.

Edited by Russel Nash

This is not going to change one single bit about how people who hate Slash feel about him. He was always the devil to him, so now the devil is out there.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."