**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So sad. When I saw Axl in 2006 the set list wasn't nearly as bloated with covers and jams. I think the only covers they did were LALD and KOHD.

Oh well. The new Slash album sounds fucking rocking from the Youtube clips.

• Like 1

So sad. When I saw Axl in 2006 the set list wasn't nearly as bloated with covers and jams. I think the only covers they did were LALD and KOHD.

Isn't that an interesting contrast between Slash and Axl?

The Axl/TB group won't talk about another album or even mention the names of songs they are going to play on the next tour.

Slash shares video of his recording studio sessions with the fans.

One group keeps everything top secret, the other lets you listen to his band create and work on unreleased material.

• Like 3

coincidently enough, that was the last time I saw GnR as well -- and have seen Slash and the Conpirators about 7x's since 2010

If Axl had done this he'd be crucified.

The Slash fans are already trying to blame him for it by claiming that Axl did it with Made In Whatever, as if that would be some sort of justification even if it were true. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Is there any proof that Axl blocked anything? I thought it was debunked. Just trying to learn the facts.

No proof whatsoever and debunked by the fact that other DVDs involving Slash have been released featuring Guns songs. Further debunked by the fact that Slash's hissy fit is preventing release worldwide, while an imaginary Axl hissy fit only blocked it in the U.S.

I missed the "hissy fit".............can you link me to that story?

Thanks!

It's called the blocking of a video. You're very much welcome.

Edit: Oh yeah, link

You're still welcome.

Thanks.

I just hadn't heard or seen anything that would be described as a "hissy fit." Just have seen what other people have said, which is the delay is because Slash isn't happy with the details of the contract. I haven't seen a statement from Slash. Nor have I seen a summary of the actual "details" that are holding up the release.

If Axl and Beta are trying to lowball Slash/Duff/Izzy and not offering up fair compensation, then this wouldn't be the old guys throwing a "hissy fit" at all. It would be Axl and Beta doing the wrong thing.

But if Axl and Beta offered up a fair deal and it is just Slash or any of the other guys holding things up out of spite.......you could understand why they would do that, but I'll be the first person to come on here and say it's a dick move. And that all these old RICH rock stars should stop the nonsense and just concentrate on sharing music with the fans.

I just don't think it's wise or fair to make huge character judgments about the people involved without actually knowing the facts. And the Slash haters are out in full force crucifying Slash, when they have no idea what is really happening. Just seems silly.

It also seems weird that people are bashing Slash for his role in potentially blocking this video.....but they aren't bashing Axl for his blocking of the Rapid Fire music. Bit hypocritical.

Edited by Groghan

The Axl/TB group won't talk about another album or even mention the names of songs they are going to play on the next tour.

One group keeps everything top secret, the other lets you listen to his band create and work on unreleased material.

No ... that's not a contrast between Slash and Axl. That's the contrast between a worldwide know rock band, and a band that almost no one knows.

But if you want to make it in a Slash vs Axl thing ... well, the attention whoring makes all the difference ... some people needs to make anything to sell ... and the good sellers are those who can advertise their product by making the customer believe that the seller is doing him a great favor.

:)

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out. Does anyone seriously think Steven Adler is behind this?

Huge character judgements are made every day without facts here.

I could just imagine the hatred spewing out here if Axl pulled a move like this. "Selfish, petty man" etc.

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

No ... that's not a contrast between Slash and Axl. That's the contrast between a worldwide know rock band, and a band that almost no one knows.

But if you want to make it in a Slash vs Axl thing ... well, the attention whoring makes all the difference ... some people needs to make anything to sell ... and the good sellers are those who can advertise their product by making the customer believe that the seller is doing him a great favor.

Just so I'm completely understanding what you are saying.

You are mocking Slash for letting his fans watch his band create his new album?

And you would say the same thing if Axl did this?

I'm really confused at how you can twist this into being a negative.

If Axl shared some footage of him and the band in the studio, working on The General and Soulmonster, I'm pretty sure this forum would explode for about a week, with people saying how awesome it was for Axl to let us all see it. I, for one, would be thrilled.

But in your mind........you are seriously portraying this as a negative thing that Slash is doing?

Oh, and you do know that the reason that GnR is a worldwide known rock band is largely because of Slash, right? And that Slash is more world wide known than any current member of GnR whose name isn't Axl. Right? Slash is one of the most well known and iconic guitar players alive right now. Surely you know that?

The guy puts out an album every couple of years, communicates with his fans, lets fans watch him and his band in the studio.......ya, what a real prick. If ONLY he treated his fans as well as Axl and Beta do.

I'm a 1000% times more of a fan of Axl's music than Slash's. But the way some of you harbor such resentment towards Slash and twist everything he does into a negative........it's just friggin weird.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out. Does anyone seriously think Steven Adler is behind this?

I could just imagine the hatred spewing out here if Axl pulled a move like this. "Selfish, petty man" etc.

I'd just like to hear the actual facts before making up my mind on who is wrong.

Lots of people are crucifying Slash before they even know what is actually happening. In there weird obsession to hate and bash anything and everything Slash does, they are taking off and running with this story - before knowing the facts. Sort of sad to watch.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

The Slash fans are already trying to blame him for it by claiming that Axl did it with Made In Whatever, as if that would be some sort of justification even if it were true. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Is there any proof that Axl blocked anything? I thought it was debunked. Just trying to learn the facts.

No proof whatsoever and debunked by the fact that other DVDs involving Slash have been released featuring Guns songs. Further debunked by the fact that Slash's hissy fit is preventing release worldwide, while an imaginary Axl hissy fit only blocked it in the U.S.

Thanks!

You're still welcome.

Thanks.

I just hadn't heard or seen anything that would be described as a "hissy fit." Just have seen what other people have said, which is the delay is because Slash isn't happy with the details of the contract. I haven't seen a statement from Slash. Nor have I seen a summary of the actual "details" that are holding up the release.

If Axl and Beta are trying to lowball Slash/Duff/Izzy and not offering up fair compensation, then this wouldn't be the old guys throwing a "hissy fit" at all. It would be Axl and Beta doing the wrong thing.

But if Axl and Beta offered up a fair deal and it is just Slash or any of the other guys holding things up out of spite.......you could understand why they would do that, but I'll be the first person to come on here and say it's a dick move. And that all these old RICH rock stars should stop the nonsense and just concentrate on sharing music with the fans.

I just don't think it's wise or fair to make huge character judgments about the people involved without actually knowing the facts. And the Slash haters are out in full force crucifying Slash, when they have no idea what is really happening. Just seems silly.

It also seems weird that people are bashing Slash for his role in potentially blocking this video.....but they aren't bashing Axl for his blocking of the Rapid Fire music. Bit hypocritical.

Who isn't criticizing Axl for blocking Rapidfire? Surely not any Axl fan, because I'm sure we'd all love to hear it. Axl throwing a hissy fit doesn't excuse Slash for doing the same in any way, shape or form though, especially when Axl's hissy fit has absolutely no effect on Slash whatsoever.

Subsy's sources are definitely good enough for me after every one of his breaking news stories came true except for those that haven't had a chance to happen yet, why do you question them?

I also find it odd that with all of the complaining you do about Axl not releasing anything for his fans, that you're so quick to defend Slash for blocking Axl when he tries. Care to explain that?

• Like 1

What did i say wrong?

You are just supposing ....

Pretty much everything in your post?

Showing rehearsal footage was bad.

Slash isn't worldwide known.

You know, just your normal "bash Slash" post that you do several times a day.

I responded to everything you said. Gave you my opinion. Asked you a couple specific questions.

If you aren't interested in discussing the topic - that's cool. I tried.

Just so I'm completely understanding what you are saying.

You are mocking Slash for letting his fans watch his band create his new album?

And you would say the same thing if Axl did this?

I'm really confused at how you can twist this into being a negative.

If Axl shared some footage of him and the band in the studio, working on The General and Soulmonster, I'm pretty sure this forum would explode for about a week, with people saying how awesome it was for Axl to let us all see it. I, for one, would be thrilled.

But in your mind........you are seriously portraying this as a negative thing that Slash is doing?

Oh, and you do know that the reason that GnR is a worldwide known rock band is largely because of Slash, right? And that Slash is more world wide known than any current member of GnR whose name isn't Axl. Right? Slash is one of the most well known and iconic guitar players alive right now. Surely you know that?

The guy puts out an album every couple of years, communicates with his fans, lets fans watch him and his band in the studio.......ya, what a real prick. If ONLY he treated his fans as well as Axl and Beta do.

I'm a 1000% times more of a fan of Axl's music than Slash's. But the way some of you harbor such resentment towards Slash and twist everything he does into a negative........it's just friggin weird.

I'd just like to hear the actual facts before making up my mind on who is wrong.

Lots of people are crucifying Slash before they even know what is actually happening. In there weird obsession to hate and bash anything and everything Slash does, they are taking off and running with this story - before knowing the facts. Sort of sad to watch.

happens all the time.

To every member. it's not sad. Fans are rightfully showing frustration.

are you new here?

Thanks!

You're still welcome.

Thanks.

Who isn't criticizing Axl for blocking Rapidfire? Surely not any Axl fan, because I'm sure we'd all love to hear it. Axl throwing a hissy fit doesn't excuse Slash for doing the same in any way, shape or form though, especially when Axl's hissy fit has absolutely no effect on Slash whatsoever.

Subsy's sources are definitely good enough for me after every one of his breaking news stories came true except for those that haven't had a chance to happen yet, why do you question them?

I also find it odd that with all of the complaining you do about Axl not releasing anything for his fans, that you're so quick to defend Slash for blocking Axl when he tries. Care to explain that?

Where have I been "so quick" to defend Slash for blocking Axl? Even in this friggin topic I've said that we all should WAIT and see the actual facts before placing judgment. Numerous times I've said that if it comes out that Slash is behind this, without good cause, then it is a DICK move on his part.

Why are you purposely ignoring and twisting what I've said? Every topic doesn't need to turn into people arguing.

If the "facts" come out that Axl and Beta were trying to screw the original members out of their agreed upon publishing rights......then is Slash the bad guy here? If the prior agreement, or industry standard, was X amount, and it turns out Axl and Beta were trying to give the old band 25% of X..........then who is the real bad guy?

But if the opposite is true, if Axl and Beta offered up a fair deal, and the old guys gladly signed off........except for Slash, who isn't signing off just to be a jerk to Axl/Beta......then I'll be the first guy on here to bash Slash and say what a prick he is being.

But crucifying EITHER side before we know the actual facts? Just seems silly. Especially saying Slash is throwing a "hissy fit" when we haven't actually heard ONE word out of his mouth or read/seen anything that he has said. All we've heard/seen is a couple comments from a poster on here, a mod on here, and Rockfuel saying that old members are behind the stoppage. That's a hissy fit?

And yes, the majority of the posters on here are bashing the rapid fire guy and saying he should RESPECT Axl's wishes and not release the material. So yes, there is a huge double-standard going on. Nobody is bashing Axl like they are bashing Slash in two very similar situations.

Edited by Groghan

I didn't said that

Neither ...

Why should i answer to questions of someone who try to put words in my mouth?

Sigh.

OK dude. You win.

I tried. I responded to your post and asked for clarification on what you said.

I wouldn't have to "try and put words in your mouth" if you simply followed up on what you said. It's obvious what you are doing. Cute - good job.

Let's play a little game. Since this is a forum where most people come to chat with other GnR fans. I will make it extremely simple for you.

Do you think it's a good thing for a band to share rehearsal footage with their fans? Yes, No

Would you like it if Axl does it for the next album? Yes, No

Do you think Slash deserves credit for making GnR the worldwide success that they are today? Yes, No

Do you really think that Slash isn't a worldwide known musician? Yes, No

Thanks!

You're still welcome.

Thanks.

Where have I been "so quick" to defend Slash for blocking Axl? Even in this friggin topic I've said that we all should WAIT and see the actual facts before placing judgment. Numerous times I've said that if it comes out that Slash is behind this, without good cause, then it is a DICK move on his part.

Why are you purposely ignoring and twisting what I've said? Every topic doesn't need to turn into people arguing.

If the "facts" come out that Axl and Beta were trying to screw the original members out of their agreed upon publishing rights......then is Slash the bad guy here? If the prior agreement, or industry standard, was X amount, and it turns out Axl and Beta were trying to give the old band 25% of X..........then who is the real bad guy?

But if the opposite is true, if Axl and Beta offered up a fair deal, and the old guys gladly signed off........except for Slash, who isn't signing off just to be a jerk to Axl/Beta......then I'll be the first guy on here to bash Slash and say what a prick he is being.

But crucifying EITHER side before we know the actual facts? Just seems silly.

And yes, the majority of the posters on here are bashing the rapid fire guy and saying he should RESPECT Axl's wishes and not release the material. So yes, there is a huge double-standard going on. Nobody is bashing Axl like they are bashing Slash in two very similar situations.

You really think that they went as far as coming up with a release date without having everything taken care of, while knowingly trying to rob Slash, after UK told us that Slash decided to hold it up for more money or to screw Axl and you're not trying to argue or defend Slash. OK :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

Do you think it's a good thing for a band to share rehearsal footage with their fans? Yes, No

Yes. As a fan, of course.

Would you like it if Axl does it for the next album? Yes, No

Yes, of course. Who wouldn't?

Do you think Slash deserves credit for making GnR the worldwide success that they are today? Yes, No

Of course, for helping to that sucess. He is my fav guitar player. :)

Do you really think that Slash isn't a worldwide known musician? Yes, No

Of course he is. :)

But, again, were you talking about Slash or Conspirators? LOL

Go back and read my first post again ... you are the one o make it a Axl vs Slash thing ;)

Edited by GUNNER PT
  • Like 1

Groghan has a point. Saying Slash wants more money surely sounds like he's a greedy asshole, but could well be Axl refusing to pay Slash's fair share. We really don't know.

Regarding Axl/management coming up with a release date without taking care of everything, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

Damn Smooth, why are you ignoring 99% of my reply to you.

I am waiting to see the facts before making up my mind. I am not blaming or passing judgment UNTIL all the facts come out. I think EVERYBODY should wait until the actual facts come out. How in the world you see that as me defining Slash is hard to even fathom.

If it comes out that Slash was being a prick - I'll bash him for it.

If it comes out that Axl/Beta were being pricks - I'll bash them for it.

And if the paperwork was already SIGNED OFF and agreed upon, then how could Slash possibly stop the video from being released?

You can choose to blame Slash before the facts come out.

I'll hold my "blame" for either side, until the facts show which side was wrong.

GUNNER PT

Thank you. Those were great answers.

And ya, you got me. To be honest I didn't even really know that they were called the Conspirators. I didn't know that's what his solo band is called. The guy plays in so many different bands that I thought the Conspirators was just one random thing he did. That's how big of a current Slash fan I am. I thought this next album was just a "Slash" solo album. I didn't know they had a band name.

Groghan has a point. Saying Slash wants more money surely sounds like he's a greedy asshole, but could well be Axl refusing to pay Slash's fair share. We really don't know.

Regarding Axl/management coming up with a release date without taking care of everything, I wouldn't be surprised.

That's exactly it.

Why not wait until we know the facts before people start crucifying one side or the other. LOL, somehow that makes me a Slash die-hard now? Funny stuff.

Groghan- The facts are already out. I need no word other than UK's and we'll never get another word from anyone anyway. Slash either reneged on the money he wanted or he's holding it up to be a dick. There's nothing to wait for. Not that it matters, because you'd still be waiting for another statement if Axl himself came out and said it. Why aren't you giving the exact same respect to Axl regarding everything you love to blame him for (abuse, late shows, music etc...) without any facts? Why are you being one sided and one dimensional when it comes to Slash? Be an equal opportunity blamer like me, or don't blame anyone for anything, unlike me. That would be the truly wise thing for you to do.

Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 2

The pathetic thing about those Slash videos is that those 10 second snippets of new unreleased songs is more original material than we have heard from Axl's band that has been together for 5+ years now.

Just shows the contrast between the 2. Slash is trying to give his fans new music while Axl is fighting Slash over how to milk Appetite for the 100th time.

• Like 1

What did i say wrong?

You are just supposing ....

Pretty much everything in your post?

You know, just your normal "bash Slash" post that you do several times a day.

I responded to everything you said. Gave you my opinion. Asked you a couple specific questions.

If you aren't interested in discussing the topic - that's cool. I tried.

His profile pic says it all, doesn't it? Don't bother... Edited by EvH

Groghan doesn't know how to summarize.

And yet his posts are 100 times better than anything you write.

And yet his posts are 100 times better than anything you write.

Calm down Izzy, but you are right. I don't have the time to write better things here.

• Like 1