**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Groghan has a point. Saying Slash wants more money surely sounds like he's a greedy asshole, but could well be Axl refusing to pay Slash's fair share. We really don't know.

Regarding Axl/management coming up with a release date without taking care of everything, I wouldn't be surprised.

Groghan doesn't know how to summarize.

It's true.

I'm a writer so I tend to ramble on too long.

I apologize for that. And I'm sure it turns people off.

• Like 1

If Axl had done this he'd be crucified.

The Slash fans are already trying to blame him for it by claiming that Axl did it with Made In Whatever, as if that would be some sort of justification even if it were true. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Is there any proof that Axl blocked anything? I thought it was debunked. Just trying to learn the facts.
No proof whatsoever and debunked by the fact that other DVDs involving Slash have been released featuring Guns songs. Further debunked by the fact that Slash's hissy fit is preventing release worldwide, while an imaginary Axl hissy fit only blocked it in the U.S.
I missed the "hissy fit".............can you link me to that story?

Thanks!

It's called the blocking of a video. You're very much welcome.

Edit: Oh yeah, link

You're still welcome.

Thanks.

I just hadn't heard or seen anything that would be described as a "hissy fit." Just have seen what other people have said, which is the delay is because Slash isn't happy with the details of the contract. I haven't seen a statement from Slash. Nor have I seen a summary of the actual "details" that are holding up the release.

If Axl and Beta are trying to lowball Slash/Duff/Izzy and not offering up fair compensation, then this wouldn't be the old guys throwing a "hissy fit" at all. It would be Axl and Beta doing the wrong thing.

But if Axl and Beta offered up a fair deal and it is just Slash or any of the other guys holding things up out of spite.......you could understand why they would do that, but I'll be the first person to come on here and say it's a dick move. And that all these old RICH rock stars should stop the nonsense and just concentrate on sharing music with the fans.

I just don't think it's wise or fair to make huge character judgments about the people involved without actually knowing the facts. And the Slash haters are out in full force crucifying Slash, when they have no idea what is really happening. Just seems silly.

It also seems weird that people are bashing Slash for his role in potentially blocking this video.....but they aren't bashing Axl for his blocking of the Rapid Fire music. Bit hypocritical.

Who isn't criticizing Axl for blocking Rapidfire? Surely not any Axl fan, because I'm sure we'd all love to hear it. Axl throwing a hissy fit doesn't excuse Slash for doing the same in any way, shape or form though, especially when Axl's hissy fit has absolutely no effect on Slash whatsoever.

Subsy's sources are definitely good enough for me after every one of his breaking news stories came true except for those that haven't had a chance to happen yet, why do you question them?

I also find it odd that with all of the complaining you do about Axl not releasing anything for his fans, that you're so quick to defend Slash for blocking Axl when he tries. Care to explain that?

If Axl were to release new mother fucking music, this wouldn't be an issue

Yes, Slash has every right to block Axl and his band of hired hands from using and profiting from the songs he wrote/co-wrote while in the band; and using those songs with his new band under the same name and repackaging it as a DVD/Movie -- shit, Axl did the same fucking thing to Slash with the Stoke DVD and the deluxe edition of Apoclyptic Love CD/DVD offering. I know this cause I was at the fucking show and I got the deluxe edition and there are no GnR songs.

I guess the reason your crying about this is you don't want to buy a DVD or see a concert movie with 4 original songs / and a bunch (and I mean a bunch) of covers and band jams :rofl-lol:

Not sure if Slash is doing this out of spite or if Axl's is offering him shit for $$ - nor do I give a fuck - if Axl wants to release a live DVD, fucker should do so with his own fucking music and quit living off of others

• Like 1

So sad. When I saw Axl in 2006 the set list wasn't nearly as bloated with covers and jams. I think the only covers they did were LALD and KOHD.

Oh well. The new Slash album sounds fucking rocking from the Youtube clips.

Isn't that an interesting contrast between Slash and Axl?

The Axl/TB group won't talk about another album or even mention the names of songs they are going to play on the next tour.

Slash shares video of his recording studio sessions with the fans.

One group keeps everything top secret, the other lets you listen to his band create and work on unreleased material.

No ... that's not a contrast between Slash and Axl. That's the contrast between a worldwide know rock band, and a band that almost no one knows.

But if you want to make it in a Slash vs Axl thing ... well, the attention whoring makes all the difference ... some people needs to make anything to sell ... and the good sellers are those who can advertise their product by making the customer believe that the seller is doing him a great favor.

:)

what attention whoring? if he's in a rock band never heard of? it's funny axl fans always bemoan the fact he never does interviews, never goes on the radio, never does anything to keep his fans updated as to whats going on in the GnR camp -- yet those same exact people will call slash a sell-out and attention whoring when he does exactly for his fans, what GnR fans want axl to do -- what a bunch of fucking crybaby hypocrites

• Like 1

The Slash fans are already trying to blame him for it by claiming that Axl did it with Made In Whatever, as if that would be some sort of justification even if it were true. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Is there any proof that Axl blocked anything? I thought it was debunked. Just trying to learn the facts.
No proof whatsoever and debunked by the fact that other DVDs involving Slash have been released featuring Guns songs. Further debunked by the fact that Slash's hissy fit is preventing release worldwide, while an imaginary Axl hissy fit only blocked it in the U.S.

Thanks!

You're still welcome.

Thanks.

I just hadn't heard or seen anything that would be described as a "hissy fit." Just have seen what other people have said, which is the delay is because Slash isn't happy with the details of the contract. I haven't seen a statement from Slash. Nor have I seen a summary of the actual "details" that are holding up the release.

If Axl and Beta are trying to lowball Slash/Duff/Izzy and not offering up fair compensation, then this wouldn't be the old guys throwing a "hissy fit" at all. It would be Axl and Beta doing the wrong thing.

But if Axl and Beta offered up a fair deal and it is just Slash or any of the other guys holding things up out of spite.......you could understand why they would do that, but I'll be the first person to come on here and say it's a dick move. And that all these old RICH rock stars should stop the nonsense and just concentrate on sharing music with the fans.

I just don't think it's wise or fair to make huge character judgments about the people involved without actually knowing the facts. And the Slash haters are out in full force crucifying Slash, when they have no idea what is really happening. Just seems silly.

It also seems weird that people are bashing Slash for his role in potentially blocking this video.....but they aren't bashing Axl for his blocking of the Rapid Fire music. Bit hypocritical.

Who isn't criticizing Axl for blocking Rapidfire? Surely not any Axl fan, because I'm sure we'd all love to hear it. Axl throwing a hissy fit doesn't excuse Slash for doing the same in any way, shape or form though, especially when Axl's hissy fit has absolutely no effect on Slash whatsoever.

Subsy's sources are definitely good enough for me after every one of his breaking news stories came true except for those that haven't had a chance to happen yet, why do you question them?

I also find it odd that with all of the complaining you do about Axl not releasing anything for his fans, that you're so quick to defend Slash for blocking Axl when he tries. Care to explain that?

If Axl were to release new mother fucking music, this wouldn't be an issue

Yes, Slash has every right to block Axl and his band of hired hands from using and profiting from the songs he wrote/co-wrote while in the band; and using those songs with his new band under the same name and repackaging it as a DVD/Movie -- shit, Axl did the same fucking thing to Slash with the Stoke DVD and the deluxe edition of Apoclyptic Love CD/DVD offering. I know this cause I was at the fucking show and I got the deluxe edition and there are no GnR songs.

I guess the reason your crying about this is you don't want to buy a DVD or see a concert movie with 4 original songs / and a bunch (and I mean a bunch) of covers and band jams :rofl-lol:

Not sure if Slash is doing this out of spite or if Axl's is offering him shit for $$ - nor do I give a fuck - if Axl wants to release a live DVD, fucker should do so with his own fucking music and quit living off of others

Quit whining to me jr., I don't give a shit about your idol defense. Slash doesn't have the right to block anything. It would be unfortunate that you're ignorant enough to believe that Axl had anything to do with Stoke if it weren't so damn funny. Slash doesn't have any GN'R songs on his DVDs because his label rightfully knew that they would only sell to a few morons and it wasn't worth the expense.

You have any other nonsense for me to laugh at? I'm not bored yet.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Thanks!

You're still welcome.

Thanks.

Funny u say this - you should see my posts in the rapidfire section - re-read my posts in this thread - and then re-evlaute this statement?

His profile pic says it all, doesn't it? Don't bother...

Profile pics says that Slash is my fav guitar player and that you love priests.

I think that we have here someone doctorate in profile-pics interpretation. :headbang:

what attention whoring? if he's in a rock band never heard of? it's funny axl fans bla bla bla cof cof arf arf , argh cof cof bullshit cof

GN'R fans, to be correct :)

Thanks!

You're still welcome.

Thanks.

Funny u say this - you should see my posts in the rapidfire section - re-read my posts in this thread - and then re-evlaute this statement?

What does my reply to Groghan have to do with anything you have ever said in your life?

Excuse me, im looking for a car that's tricked out to look like an ice cream truck. You know, with colorful pictures of ice cream treats, and it plays a tune that's fun for the young childre

lets take the ice cream truck, park it outside of slashs house and play the music really loud until he stops delaying the fucking dvd

• Like 1

Okay, I was wondering if the record company is behind the hold up because they don't have any money for this project?

Lady GaGa was at the Southwest event down in Austin yesterday and she performed her show at a club. Anyway, it seems her sponser is Doritos and some people were complaining why she would do that? Anyway, someone in her camp said "because the fucking record companies have no money".

That got me thinking it's possible GNR is having the same problem. Maybe some other business out there can promote GNR and give them more respect and promotion than they are getting now.

Okay, I was wondering if the record company is behind the hold up because they don't have any money for this project?

Lady GaGa was at the Southwest event down in Austin yesterday and she performed her show at a club. Anyway, it seems her sponser is Doritos and some people were complaining why she would do that? Anyway, someone in her camp said "because the fucking record companies have no money".

That got me thinking it's possible GNR is having the same problem. Maybe some other business out there can promote GNR and give them more respect and promotion than they are getting now.

Why would any company with a pot to piss in give Axl 1 nickle given his history of over promising and under delivering?

Stuff like this:

nnoewm.png

is a direct result of the money problem facing the music industry.