**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey,

I just received an email from the cinema where i bought my tickets. It said that the distributor of appetite for democracy told them that it is not allowed to show the movie outside the US. I live in Holland and was really looking forward to it! what a shame! so the movie will be shown in de US?

Blame Slash for that and don't forget to tell your friends not to buy anything he releases. Ever.

Thank you

Could you link to the source you have that Slash is at fault for this?

If Axl and Beta aren't compensating the old members at the rate that they had all agreed on, or if they are trying to lowball them to an extreme amount - then the old members might be perfectly justified in holding up the release.

You seem to have info that proves that not to be the case? Please share. After weeks of speculation, I'm sure all of us would love to hear the actual facts. Thanks!

Hey,

I just received an email from the cinema where i bought my tickets. It said that the distributor of appetite for democracy told them that it is not allowed to show the movie outside the US. I live in Holland and was really looking forward to it! what a shame! so the movie will be shown in de US?

Blame Slash for that and don't forget to tell your friends not to buy anything he releases. Ever.

Thank you

If Axl and Beta aren't compensating the old members at the rate that they had all agreed on, or if they are trying to lowball them to an extreme amount - then the old members might be perfectly justified in holding up the release.

You seem to have info that proves that not to be the case? Please share. After weeks of speculation, I'm sure all of us would love to hear the actual facts. Thanks!

According to GNRLA , THE FILMSUEZ and THE OTHER SCREEN(the companies that brings the films to Latin America) confirms that Slash is blocking this DVD and the London 02.

From GNRLA facebook:

*OFICIAL* La amable gerencia de THE FILMSUEZ y THE OTHER SCREEN nos confirmo en EXCLUSIVA lo que hasta ahora era un RUMOR..

SLASH a demandado a varias partes.. impidiendo el estreno mundial del show de LAS VEGAS y tambien el que se habia pensado en su reemplazo, el show de LONDRES en 2012

Hey,

Thank you

According to GNRLA , THE FILMSUEZ and THE OTHER SCREEN(the companies that brings the films to Latin America) confirms that Slash is blocking this DVD and the London 02.

From GNRLA facebook:

*OFICIAL* La amable gerencia de THE FILMSUEZ y THE OTHER SCREEN nos confirmo en EXCLUSIVA lo que hasta ahora era un RUMOR..

SLASH a demandado a varias partes.. impidiendo el estreno mundial del show de LAS VEGAS y tambien el que se habia pensado en su reemplazo, el show de LONDRES en 2012

At this point, I think we all know that.

But what we don't know are the details.

Again.........

If Axl and Beta are offering Slash (or the old members) a deal that is unfair - then Slash isn't the one who is at fault.

If they are offering the old guys $32.58 for the use of songs that they helped create, then Slash isn't at fault. Axl is.

I'm just not sure why people are crucifying Slash before they know what the actual facts are?

On a side note..........I wonder if Slash signs off on this video, will Axl sign off on the Rapid Fire video????? Maybe that is the reason Slash isn't signing off.

Hey,

Thank you

From GNRLA facebook:

At this point, I think we all know that.

But what we don't know are the details.

Again.........

If Axl and Beta are offering Slash (or the old members) a deal that is unfair - then Slash isn't the one who is at fault.

If they are offering the old guys $32.58 for the use of songs that they helped create, then Slash isn't at fault. Axl is.

I'm just not sure why people are crucifying Slash before they know what the actual facts are?

On a side note..........I wonder if Slash signs off on this video, will Axl sign off on the Rapid Fire video????? Maybe that is the reason Slash isn't signing off.

We all know Slash is blocking the videos. But some users here are demanding proof/source. That why the news by GNRLA is important.

But you are right, we don't have the details.

Im not sure if your Rapid Fire comment was a attempt at trolling? First, i thought the Rapid Fire was an album, not a video. Second, what Slash has anything to do with that?, he's not even in those recordings.

What doesn't make any sense is that GNR would go ahead with producing a video that they hadn't secured the rights to. Why would they pay out of pocket to make a video if they didn't have the permission of those who must give their consent to its production?

If Slash had initially agreed, and signed something to that effect, there would be no way for him to block this video. I suppose he could delay it, saying that the potential financial upside was misrepresented and therefore is owed more money, but that argument isn't something that would take too long in the courts to figure out (look how fast the court threw out Axl, Slash, and Duff's lawsuit regarding the Greatest Hits album).

But if this was something they made in the hopes of getting Slash and former members to sign off on it later, then they only have themselves to blame for this. These issues should have been settled a long time ago, well before any of us had ever heard of a potential Las Vegas DVD/Blu-ray.

Unless, of course, there never was any intention to release the disc. Perhaps all of this is some sort of House of Cards/Machiavellian strategy to paint Slash in a bad light. Obviously this theory isn't a serious one, but it's far more logical than someone simply forgetting to get Slash's approval prior to the production of this disc.

Finally, apart of me is glad Slash is blocking the disc. If Axl wants to continue with the name then he should be forced to make his fortunes off what the band has done since the departure of the classic lineup. Release a disc with only performances of CD songs or covers if he and his current business (i.e. GNR) wants to make off the name so badly. Nobody except a few people on here are dying to have a video recording of Bumblefoot playing riffs written and recorded by Slash. If Axl can't succeed with the GNR name and music he's produced after the split, then that's how it should be. He can't have it both ways: turn down his acceptance into the R&R HOF all the while making money off the very work that got him in there.

Edited by downzy

I don't see why Axl just won't release the movie/dvd w/out the AFD or UYI stuff -

I mean, his new band is just sooooooooo much better than the AFD and UYI lineups and CD is such a better album than either of those two, nobody will miss the songs slash/duff were on :rofl-lol:

Axl giving Slash a hard time using GnR material with Live from Stoke didn't prevent Slash from releasing his live DVD

I mean, his new band is just sooooooooo much better than the AFD and UYI lineups and CD is such a better album than either of those two, nobody will miss the songs slash/duff were on :rofl-lol:

rofl.gif

I'm mesmerised by that gif. It's so cute.

That one and this one have been melting my heart:

mki3tTW.gif

I don't see why Axl just won't release the movie/dvd w/out the AFD or UYI stuff -

Axl giving Slash a hard time using GnR material with Live from Stoke didn't prevent Slash from releasing his live DVD

Exactly.

We all know how this is the greatest lineup EVA, why not ditch the CD songs too and bust out the rockin new tunes DJ Ashba has brought to the band like "Ballad Of Death", or Ron's masterpiece "Argentinian Tango" :headbang:

PS: is it just me or are both of those song titles like something a fifth grader would come up with?

• Like 2

Slash and Duff actually tried to block the Hollywood Rose release along with Axl; what the hell Slash and Duff were doing, trying to block recordings made by Axl and Stradlin before GN'R is any one's guess? Duff was still in Seattle and Slash was still farting around with Tidus Sloane when these recordings were made!!

Slash and Duff actually tried to block the Hollywood Rose release along with Axl; what the hell Slash and Duff were doing, trying to block recordings made by Axl and Stradlin before GN'R is any one's guess? Duff was still in Seattle and Slash was still farting around with Tidus Sloane when these recordings were made!!

just goes to show they can agree on something

Russell..............Axl is blocking the Rapid Fire group from releasing material..............Slash is blocking Axl from releasing material.............maybe Slash is just giving Axl a little taste of his own medicine?

Makes a lot of sense... ha!

So basically Slash is a Paladin of Justice, he's making it for the Rapid Fire guys just to put Axl in his place. Wonder why Slash didn't do anything about the Napster(Lars) thing in the 90's.

• Like 1

What doesn't make any sense is that GNR would go ahead with producing a video that they hadn't secured the rights to. Why would they pay out of pocket to make a video if they didn't have the permission of those who must give their consent to its production?

If Slash had initially agreed, and signed something to that effect, there would be no way for him to block this video. I suppose he could delay it, saying that the potential financial upside was misrepresented and therefore is owed more money, but that argument isn't something that would take too long in the courts to figure out (look how fast the court threw out Axl, Slash, and Duff's lawsuit regarding the Greatest Hits album).

But if this was something they made in the hopes of getting Slash and former members to sign off on it later, then they only have themselves to blame for this. These issues should have been settled a long time ago, well before any of us had ever heard of a potential Las Vegas DVD/Blu-ray.

Unless, of course, there never was any intention to release the disc. Perhaps all of this is some sort of House of Cards/Machiavellian strategy to paint Slash in a bad light. Obviously this theory isn't a serious one, but it's far more logical than someone simply forgetting to get Slash's approval prior to the production of this disc.

Finally, apart of me is glad Slash is blocking the disc. If Axl wants to continue with the name then he should be forced to make his fortunes off what the band has done since the departure of the classic lineup. Release a disc with only performances of CD songs or covers if he and his current business (i.e. GNR) wants to make off the name so badly. Nobody except a few people on here are dying to have a video recording of Bumblefoot playing riffs written and recorded by Slash. If Axl can't succeed with the GNR name and music he's produced after the split, then that's how it should be. He can't have it both ways: turn down his acceptance into the R&R HOF all the while making money off the very work that got him in there.

I don't think they forgot to get Slash's approval... I think Slash got cold feet and backed out after giving his word or his management's word. The film was delayed for months getting approvals, they had it and that's when they went public and announced the release. To get approvals percentages would have been discussed so everybody knew then and there, what monies they would receive from the project - so I don't know how that could be the sticking point.

You're whole Axl should be able to release the dvd without slash/izzy material doesn't hold any water, does Slash not still use old Guns songs for his own promotion? superbowl anyone!? How many people would like to go to a Slash concert and not hear GnR songs, or a VR concert? He uses the material and Axl should be allowed to do just the same, and if he's paying synch rights there shouldn't be an issue as Slash's rights are mute IMO as he quit the band. You don't see Jason newsted or marty friendman blocking releases... if you quit a band you're rights should be zilch! I still think he deserves his money but I don't think he should be able to block a current band release even if it has old band material. I preferred Slash a whole lot more before all this, I'm still hoping there's another explanation and Slash isn't as petty as he looks right now.

• Like 1

They should use SCOM in a JD ad.

And by they you mean Axl, Slash and Duff. No other person has rights over SCOM.

SCOM was recently used in a J&J ad.

And?

It would be silly to use the same song in a JD and J&J ad.
Sometimes I wonder about you guys.
  • Like 1