**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

we are simply a messenger for information we are given. we don't have authority to make any final decisions concerning any of this. We were hired to produce a show and we did what we were hired to do, and we try keep fans updated.

• Like 1

we cannot comment, except that is not our decision on any of this.. there are several attorneys/companies involved that we don't control, and we will only comment on the project we're involved with, once it's resolved.

I think you've been put in a difficult position -- I'm sure getting this DVD out isn't as plain and simple as most of us would think so you do get respect for that. It's a shame then, that all that respect seems to have vanished when it's alleged you specifically contacted lawyers regarding a fan made DVD from 4 years ago when a multitude of these shows are available (as I type this response) on you tube and other outlets.

I can only presume you're not in PR ('you' as in Rockfuel not necessarily you per se), as you've scored one MAJOR own goal my friend.

Good luck with the DVD I hope it generates all the revenue that you feel it deserves.

• Like 1

we cannot comment, except that is not our decision on any of this.

Stop making ambiguous statements that essentially mean absolutely nothing. You're trying to distort our perception of the problem by referring to a network of "devlish" people, yet the fact is, YOU had a problem with this community being pro-active about concert footage.

Edit: Updates are where you truthfully illustrate what's happening. Can you honestly say you've done that? From what I can see, all you've done is string us along.

Edited by NGOG

you guys blaming rockfuel for the afd fiasco are pathetic.

complaining about them having a problem with the australia bootleg is ok.

Somebody has indicated that Slash presented a licensing problem - fine. But surely they should have resolved all of this prior to announcing definite plans? Technically I should have seen this production last summer.

They also have questions to answer in relation to initiaing legal action against a fan-released bootleg. That cries of somebody that is desperate for maximum revenue - which is contrary to their earlier position of 'We're doing this for GNR and its fans'.

I think they were just told to make a nice dvd of a gnr concert, legal stuff is gnr/tb's job, my guess.

Say they are being misled by an incompetent GNR management. If they had any integrity - and weren't holding out for a payday - wouldn't they just come out and say it? There's nothing stopping them from saying: 'Listen guys, GNR camp aren't reallly serious about releasing something, we're done here'.

Slightly off topic, but everyone should stop saying they do this for the fans. No one is doing this for someone else. They want to make a profit, it is their job. I don't do my job to make other people happy. I do it to earn my living. If I manage to make some people happy in the process: great. But it's not my main concern. I think that goes for everyone, maybe to a more or lesser degree.

It works the other way too. I don't buy albums to please Axl/GNR/TB... I buy them because I want to hear it and enjoy hearing it.

That's also what's so sad about the Australia bootleg: that was done for the fans, without a profit in mind, and it was blocked because some people thought it could harm their sales. (At least that's what I understand.)

• Like 2

we cannot comment, except that is not our decision on any of this.. there are several attorneys/companies involved that we don't control, and we will only comment on the project we're involved with, once it's resolved.

I think you've been put in a difficult position -- I'm sure getting this DVD out isn't as plain and simple as most of us would think so you do get respect for that. It's a shame then, that all that respect seems to have vanished when it's alleged you specifically contacted lawyers regarding a fan made DVD from 4 years ago when a multitude of these shows are available (as I type this response) on you tube and other outlets.

I can only presume you're not in PR ('you' as in Rockfuel not necessarily you per se), as you've scored one MAJOR own goal my friend.

Good luck with the DVD I hope it generates all the revenue that you feel it deserves.

If you want to send me any correspondence you received I'll be glad to take a look at it and make a brief inquiry with the commercial atty in the office.

Slightly off topic, but everyone should stop saying they do this for the fans.

Rock Fuel explicitly said that. So why wouldn't we mention it?

No, I get that's why you say it, I just mean they shouldn't say things like that, because to me, that's bullshit.

Because you are playing intentionally dumb to make your pissy point.

You know damn well that is just advertising/marketing speak. You are choosing to take it literally and try and hang them with it because you are mad.

Simple as that.

• Like 2

No, I get that's why you say it, I just mean they shouldn't say things like that, because to me, that's bullshit.

Of course it is, but they need to be reminded of their own assurances.

You know damn well that is just advertising/marketing speak. You are choosing to take it literally and try and hang them with it because you are mad.

Simple as that.

No - you're completely wrong.

It's not accurate to say that every product in society is purely money-driven. If an organization comes here and emphatically reassures the fans they are fan-motivated, why should I assume they are lying?

Simple as that.

No - you're completely wrong.

It's not accurate to say that every product in society is purely money-driven. If an organization comes here and emphatically reassures the fans they are fan-motivated, why should I assume they are lying?

Were they going to release it for free? Of course not. It was a commercial product to make money.

Are you seriously arguing this thing was some sort of GNR fan outreach effort? Stop being intentionally dense.

I'm willing to bet that every DVD they have ever done for any band contains some of that same "we want to get it to you fans!" type talk.

But its not being done out of the goodness of their hearts. Its a business.

You are just mad and are going to stomp your feet until someone pays some attention to you. We are all wise to that, including them.

• Like 1

It's gotta be a first that a DVD company releasing a recent performance, goes to a bands management because they are unhappy that a bootleg of a 4 year old show was up on YouTube.

I thought HV said that management was not involved, and in fact it was an immediate and quasi-automatic response from GN'R's legal team?

Ali

I think they were just told to make a nice dvd of a gnr concert, legal stuff is gnr/tb's job, my guess.

Say they are being misled by an incompetent GNR management. If they had any integrity - and weren't holding out for a payday - wouldn't they just come out and say it? There's nothing stopping them from saying: 'Listen guys, GNR camp aren't reallly serious about releasing something, we're done here'.

rockfuel took care of a lot of other dvds didn't they? they want to make money like you and me. they even took the time to register in this forum to keep fans updated. they just can't expose all the details. i just think they do a good job with other bands, when it comes to gnr and their fanbase, there'll always be trouble and drama.

Were they going to release it for free? Of course not. It was a commercial product to make money.

Are you seriously arguing this thing was some sort of GNR fan outreach effort? Stop being intentionally dense.

I'm willing to bet that every DVD they have ever done for any band contains some of that same "we want to get it to you fans!" type talk.

But its not being done out of the goodness of their hearts. Its a business.

You are just mad and are going to stomp your feet until someone pays some attention to you. We are all wise to that, including them.

That's complete shit you're talking, and sorry for my abruptness (but it really is).

Essentially what you're saying is, if I accept a company's emphatic reassurances that they are like-minded GNR fans, I should blame myself when they fail to suppport any of their many assurances. :lol:

I'd also like to refer you to the many strawman arguments you've created for the benefit of your own weak argument: 'Releasing it for free' - uh what? My only point is that they should have conducted this process in the good faith they promised. 'GNR fan outreach effort' - again, what? We're not starving children; we're just a genuine community that were assured by Rock Fuel they were part of this community too. If you don't believe me, then you need to familiarize yourself with their many statements in this very thread. 'Goodness of their hearts' - again, nobody said we're in need of charity. Are we asking for a free DVD? No. Are we asking not to be duped into a false sense of excitement over and over? Yes.

Edited by NGOG

That's complete shit you're talking, and sorry for my abruptness (but it really is).

Essentially what you're saying is, if I accept a company's emphatic reassurances that they are like-minded GNR fans, I should blame myself when they fail to suppport any of their many assurances. :lol:

You do have a point.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't *actually* believe Rock Fuel got involved in this to do we GNR fans a solid. And that you didn't *actually* fail to understand boilerplate marteking speak. That you did understand all that, and were just pretending not to so you could make your tantrum point on this latest debacle.

Since you have made it very clear that you did, in actual fact, believe all that stuff word for word...I will bow out at this time.

I clearly gave you too much credit, and continuing this conversation will be rather impossible.

• Like 1

It's gotta be a first that a DVD company releasing a recent performance, goes to a bands management because they are unhappy that a bootleg of a 4 year old show was up on YouTube.

I thought HV said that management was not involved, and in fact it was an immediate and quasi-automatic response from GN'R's legal team?

Ali

That's correct. They went directly to the legal team and didn't involve management until afterwards.

Ali

That's correct. They went directly to the legal team and didn't involve management until afterwards.

By "They" you mean the person who is registered here as 'rockfuel'?

Ali

;)

You do have a point.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't *actually* believe Rock Fuel got involved in this to do we GNR fans a solid. And that you didn't *actually* fail to understand boilerplate marteking speak. That you did understand all that, and were just pretending not to so you could make your tantrum point on this latest debacle.

Is this just your moronic way of conceding that it's wrong for consumers to blame themselves for the false ethics claimed by a company? According to you, I am intellectually inferior for holding them account to what they said. Whereas I take the view that they should be heckled by their own words until they admit they've been roping us along in order to keep revenue potential.

No need for the insults. D-Gen, you have to admit that the language used early on is kind of amusing given the current context.

I agree getting outraged about it is a bit pointless though, it really is just the sort of thing you'd say if you were marketing a band's DVD and you'd joined a fan forum to promote it.

Ali

;)

So are you guys not promoting the Adelaide show because legal actions were threatened or because you were asked?