**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

there has been a huge amount of money spent for this release, and unless you sit in the shoes of several entities behind the project and legal teams, and understand all the facts, in which cannot be discussed in a forum, many of you are speculating and pointing fingers. we are simply trying to release an amazing product for fans to enjoy, like we've done many times in the past...

And now so many fans are so fed up with the way this has been handled that they won't even buy your product in this first place. You can go ahead and put me on that list.

Exactly.

Many of us who buy pretty much any GN'R product are now completely soured by Rock Fuel's handling of things in the past few days. They're going to have a really, really hard time selling that blu-ray to the target audience.

I don't agree with this. The forum members that are boycotting this release are only a handful of the target.

We'll certain find out if/when it ever gets released. This company has released two extremely similar discs over the past year or so (Def Leppard & Smashing Pumpkins) so comparing numbers would be easy.

^^ What a load of bull.

I guarantee every last one of you fuckers who say they aren't going to buy the DVD will order it the day it comes out.

If you care enough to follow a thread about its release, then there's no way you're not going to buy it.

I can only speak for myself and there's obviously no way to prove it, but when I say "I'm not buying it", I most certainly mean that.

• Like 1

there has been a huge amount of money spent for this release, and unless you sit in the shoes of several entities behind the project and legal teams, and understand all the facts, in which cannot be discussed in a forum, many of you are speculating and pointing fingers. we are simply trying to release an amazing product for fans to enjoy, like we've done many times in the past...

And now so many fans are so fed up with the way this has been handled that they won't even buy your product in this first place. You can go ahead and put me on that list.

Exactly.

Many of us who buy pretty much any GN'R product are now completely soured by Rock Fuel's handling of things in the past few days. They're going to have a really, really hard time selling that blu-ray to the target audience.

I don't agree with this. The forum members that are boycotting this release are only a handful of the target.

I'd be willing to bet most casual GN'R fans don't have the slightest clue of this DVD's existence. The ones that really do are the forum goers.

It will all depend on how they promote it.

What a load of bull.

I guarantee every last one of you fuckers who say they aren't going to buy the DVD will order it the day it comes out.

If you care enough to follow a thread about its release, then there's no way you're not going to buy it.

It's a train wreck on top of a car crash. I can't look away.

I had little plans to buy it before, and now just with the way it is being handled, I'm certainly not going to buy it.

I should also clarify that I wasn't all that excited about the 2010 bootleg personally. I really appreciate all the work that went into it, but I wouldn't have downloaded it or anything. I'm just extremely turned off by how Rock Fuel handled things since the announcement of the bootleg is all.

• Like 3

I can only speak for myself and there's obviously no way to prove it, but when I say "I'm not buying it", I most certainly mean that.

So you'll follow the comings and goings of this band on a daily basis online but will refuse to buy their second physical release in 20 years because of some crappy Youtube video being taken down?

Exactly.

I'd be willing to bet most casual GN'R fans don't have the slightest clue of this DVD's existence. The ones that really do are the forum goers.

If GNR relied on the forum members to pay the bills they'd be out of business.

What a load of bull.

I know I know we all know that is true, but allow us to be angry pretending we are not going to buy it.

• Like 2

So you'll follow the comings and goings of this band on a daily basis online but will refuse to buy their second physical release in 20 years because of some crappy Youtube video being taken down?

Yes. Like I said, it has nothing to do with the 2010 bootleg itself, it's got more to do with how Rock Fuel reacted to it.

Exactly.

If GNR relied on the forum members to pay the bills they'd be out of business.

Not at all what I'm saying. The thousands of people that sell-out venues, the people that only know SCOM and WTTJ...those people don't know jack diddly shit about this DVD.

You know who does? The GN'R forum goers and up-to-date fanatics. Some have said they won't buy it because of how this has went down. You have many others that wouldn't have bought it in the first place because of Micky or it just being nuGuns in general.

Certainly, if this is promoted the right way, then of course, this will sell well. But GN'R and promotion don't really mix.

• Like 1

So your position is that a lack of production should be rewarded? That because GNR releases so few products that when they finally do release one, anyone who casually or seriously follows this band will instant jump on board. That might make sense if Russ was a brainless zombie, but anyone capable of rational thought can determine their appetite for the disc other than on the frequency of releases by its producers.

Edited by downzy
  • Like 1

I wasn't gonna buy it in the first place. I feel like I have no recourse. :(

Most places will refund un-opened media so I propose this as a solution for you:

Buy it while you're somewhere that stocks it, then return it immediately following your purchase. That way you've made it super-double-mega clear that you don't want to own it.

P.S. If you were to actually do this and post a picture of the the return receipt, I'd put it in my signature

• Like 1

I am not buying it, however, I am not, not buying it because of the recent controversy. I am, not buying it, because I hate the cheesy vegas era. I might have been tempted to pick it up when it dropped to £1, second hand, but that is it. It is almost a case of, not wanting to give Team Brazil my money.

Yes. Like I said, it has nothing to do with the 2010 bootleg itself, it's got more to do with how Rock Fuel reacted to it.

Each to their own.

But personally I think it's a bit daft to not buy a DVD you really want on the principle of message board politics.

Each to their own.

But personally I think it's a bit daft to not buy a DVD you really want on the principle of message board politics.

To me, it's broader than "message board politics". I just disagree with how Rock Fuel has handled this with respect to the fans that may have wanted both.

Each to their own.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT! He didn't even really want it to begin with. I don't know if anybody really does. The recent controversy solidifies our not wanting it. I might have bought it in the first place upon positive reviews, good promotion, maybe a band interview, I dunno--if it had some sort of good vibes surrounding it.

Now we have a giant circlejerk between Rockfuel, and Slash, and whomever, and at this point I'm done with it because the product isn't something I was really really hoping for to begin with.

Each to their own.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT! He didn't even really want it to begin with. I don't know if anybody really does. The recent controversy solidifies our not wanting it. I might have bought it in the first place upon positive reviews, good promotion, maybe a band interview, I dunno--if it had some sort of good vibes surrounding it.

Now we have a giant circlejerk between Rockfuel, and Slash, and whomever, and at this point I'm done with it because the product isn't something I was really really hoping for to begin with.

Speak for yourself. I will buy it if it comes out regardless. This is a Guns N' Roses release, ultimately, and RockFuel were only hired to produce the concert film. They may have behaved in a manner that leaves something to be desired with regards to the Aussie bootleg, but I don't believe that not buying hurts them. At least, not only them.

Unless RockFuel is receiving some percentage of the sales, and I think they already confirmed they were "work for hire", they will not be hurt by people not buying this.

So, yes, not buying this would be a symbolic protest, but ultimately would have no tangible impact to RockFuel themselves.

Ali

Guest Gunns

I watched the trailer of the Vegas DVD and the performance didn't leave me wanting more, I guess rockfuel saw the trailer and songs on YouTube from Adelaide and felt threatened

Even though it's a lesser recording compare to Vegas

I will also 'bite my tongue' over rockfuels latest statements, they are pretty damn ignorant..

Edited by Gunns

For those who want to see the adelaide show I will remind people I'm still offering to send out blu ray for free if you PM me your address.

For those wanting to see the youtube here is a show from St petersberg from 2010 which is similar to the adelaide show filmed roughly the same way, no one blocking the view, shows the screen/stage..etc.

• Like 1

For those who want to see the adelaide show I will remind people I'm still offering to send out blu ray for free if you PM me your address.

For those wanting to see the youtube here is a show from St petersberg from 2010 which is similar to the adelaide show filmed roughly the same way, no one blocking the view, shows the screen/stage..etc.

You'll send an actual bluray disk? Let me know and ill pm you my address.