**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree getting outraged about it is a bit pointless though, it really is just the sort of thing you'd say if you were marketing a band's DVD and you'd joined a fan forum to promote it.

I can't say I agree with that. I'd imagine most companies just announce the DVD without trying to create any interpersonal shit.

It's annoying because they didn't just casually say it; it was actually in response to our criticisms. It was something like: 'It's really hurtful that you guys would say these things, this production is by GNR fans, for GNR fans. *sadface*'

there has been a huge amount of money spent for this release, and unless you sit in the shoes of several entities behind the project and legal teams, and understand all the facts, in which cannot be discussed in a forum, many of you are speculating and pointing fingers. we are simply trying to release an amazing product for fans to enjoy, like we've done many times in the past...

• Like 2

there has been a huge amount of money spent for this release, and unless you sit in the shoes of several entities behind the project and legal teams, and understand all the facts, in which cannot be discussed in a forum, many of you are speculating and pointing fingers. we are simply trying to release an amazing product for fans to enjoy, like we've done many times in the past...

What's the home-release date?

Have I missed something? What was the last GN'R release you issued?

The fans could give a rat's ass about your legal issues, because they are your issues that you solely didn't do, that falls on your lap not mine and not the fans.

You are only here for free promotion, it is very clear.

• Like 1

I think Rock Fuel needs to seriously re-evaluate getting involved in contentious back and forths with message board posters.

GNR's management wades into those waters too, and it never goes well. If what is seen in the past handful of posts is an example of the level of discourse they can expect, might be best to leave it be.

• Like 1

I think Rock Fuel needs to seriously re-evaluate getting involved in contentious back and forths with message board posters.

GNR's management wades into those waters too, and it never goes well. If what is seen in the past handful of posts is an example of the level of discourse they can expect, might be best to leave it be.

rockfuel must be regretting being part of this project to begin with.

• Like 1

I hope Rockfuel lets their higher management know that a 4 year old YouTube video made by fans wanting to buy their DVD poses no threat to their current project.

I think that would be fair to the fans. Rockfuel lets us be fans and enjoy our videos, while they finish their release that we were planning on buying anyways.

We are fans of Axl Rose and will enjoy any major release with him on it. I appreciate the effort of Rockfuel to get us an official release. I'm sure it was met with many unexpected bumps. I hope the best for them, but it would be nice if they took a little time to put in a good word that the 2010 video is meant for the fans and not an alternative to the Vegas Bluray.

Thanks to the guys who put together the 2010 show for the fans, you help keep this fan base motivated and excited about GNR. And thanks to Rockfuel for taking up this GNR project. I hope your efforts don't go wasted. I also hope you can contribute to making this situation right.

Edited by IncitingChaos

Excuse me while I go bite my tongue.

• Like 1

It's gotta be a first that a DVD company releasing a recent performance, goes to a bands management because they are unhappy that a bootleg of a 4 year old show was up on YouTube.

I thought HV said that management was not involved, and in fact it was an immediate and quasi-automatic response from GN'R's legal team?

Ali

That's correct. They went directly to the legal team and didn't involve management until afterwards.

That's what I thought. So, I don't understand why this misconception is perpetuating about the band's management being involved in removing these videos from YouTube.

I get it, a lot of people don't like Team Brazil. At least, make the choice of not liking them for legitimate issues attributable to them, not for issues they have nothing to do with.

Ali

It's gotta be a first that a DVD company releasing a recent performance, goes to a bands management because they are unhappy that a bootleg of a 4 year old show was up on YouTube.

I thought HV said that management was not involved, and in fact it was an immediate and quasi-automatic response from GN'R's legal team?

Ali

That's correct. They went directly to the legal team and didn't involve management until afterwards.

That's what I thought. So, I don't understand why this misconception is perpetuating about the band's management being involved in removing these videos from YouTube.

I get it, a lot of people don't like Team Brazil. At least, make the choice of not liking them for legitimate issues attributable to them, not for issues they have nothing to do with.

Ali

I think it was just a miswording. He was referring to them approaching GN'R's legal team. Gunns knows that management had nothing to do with this.

Either your firm or GNR management failed to get the required parties to sign off before starting promotion for your product. That lays at your feet or the GNR camp, no one else's. It's a ridiculous mistake to make either way. One would think it would be the first thing taken care of before anything else took place.

Blocking a bootleg of a show you have no intention of releasing under your own banner, for the sole reason that it's tangentially related to a product you wish to sell, is misguided at best and a PR boner of mammoth proportions at worst.

New Coke had a better roll-out than this.

• Like 2

Ali

Ali

I think it was just a miswording. He was referring to them approaching GN'R's legal team. Gunns knows that management had nothing to do with this.

Understood. Fair enough.

Ali

And now so many fans are so fed up with the way this has been handled that they won't even buy your product in this first place. You can go ahead and put me on that list.

And now so many fans are so fed up with the way this has been handled that they won't even buy your product in this first place. You can go ahead and put me on that list.

Exactly.

Many of us who buy pretty much any GN'R product are now completely soured by Rock Fuel's handling of things in the past few days. They're going to have a really, really hard time selling that blu-ray to the target audience.

Exactly.

Many of us who buy pretty much any GN'R product are now completely soured by Rock Fuel's handling of things in the past few days. They're going to have a really, really hard time selling that blu-ray to the target audience.

I don't agree with this. The forum members that are boycotting this release are only a handful of the target.

What a load of bull.

I guarantee every last one of you fuckers who say they aren't going to buy the DVD will order it the day it comes out.

If you care enough to follow a thread about its release, then there's no way you're not going to buy it.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1