March 12th, 2013 - Sydney, Australia

Guest Gunns

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I don't need an intern writing copy to tell me what my ears hear.

2. I only glanced at it quickly, but I didn't see one thing saying he sounded good.

3. How about you guys just worry about whether you enjoy it? Ignore me if you like.

I did see this, though. "Known for the band's ability to cover other bands, they later led fans through their own version of Pink Floyd's hit Another Brick In The Wall." :rofl-lol:

Edited by magisme

1. I don't need an intern writing copy to tell me what my ears hear.

2. I only glanced at it quickly, but I didn't see one thing saying he sounded good.

3. How about you guys just worry about whether you enjoy it? Ignore me if you like.

I did see this, though. "Known for the band's ability to cover other bands, they later led fans through their own version of Pink Floyd's hit Another Brick In The Wall." :rofl-lol:

I talked to a whole bunch of people (at least 10) on the way home.... all casual fans. Every single one of them thought the show was excellent and that Axl sounded great.

I (personally) didn't think he sounded the best I'd heard him, but I didn't hear anyone making any negative comments about his vocals.

So... what does that tell you?

He sound like he sounded through the 2012 tour. His voice is not embedded in the music in that jungle version like it is on other versions on youtube and reveals his short breathtakes and other half cheating tricks he always use. The rasp is not gone but the "crisp" in the sound (around 7-9kHz) is low and thats where the rasp lies. I can promise you that once we have another jungle version uploaded you will hear the difference.

Lolfail mate......the first verse....and chorus until shananan Knees.......

I talked to a whole bunch of people (at least 10) on the way home.... all casual fans. Every single one of them thought the show was excellent and that Axl sounded great.

I (personally) didn't think he sounded the best I'd heard him, but I didn't hear anyone making any negative comments about his vocals.

It tells me that you can't hear his singing that well when you're at the show. I know. I was at a 2012 show and it almost didn't sound bad while I was there. Of course I knew better and my suspicions were confirmed when I later watched recordings.

It tells me that you can't hear his singing that well when you're at the show. I know. I was at a 2012 show and it almost didn't sound bad while I was there. Of course I knew better and my suspicions were confirmed when I later watched recordings.

If you can't hear his singing clearly at the show, you're not going to to hear it clearly from a cell phone recording from the audience either. Those compose a majority of the bootlegged videos that end up on YouTube.

If sending reviewers to shows is inaccurate and flawed way to judge a live a performance, then print and online media have been getting it wrong for years. They should just sit at home and wait for YouTube videos to pop up. :lol:

Ali

If you can't hear his singing clearly at the show, you're not going to to hear it clearly from a cell phone recording from the audience either. Those compose a majority of the bootlegged videos that end up on YouTube.

If sending reviewers to shows is inaccurate and flawed way to judge a live a performance, then print and online media have been getting it wrong for years. They should just sit at home and wait for YouTube videos to pop up. :lol:

Ali

So you're saying print and online media have been getting it right for years? Oh, the selective memory of Axl worshipers. One not awful review, and you're all like, "He was great! See the review says so [even though it doesn't]."

magisme

Here you go, got this especially for you. Close enough to W.Axl as you can get.

200.jpg

Ali

So you're saying print and online media have been getting it right for years? Oh, the selective memory of Axl worshipers. One not awful review, and you're all like, "He was great! See the review says so [even though it doesn't]."

magisme

No, you completely misunderstood. If you're going to dismiss the opinions of people that were at a show by saying "you can't hear his singing that well when you're at the show", then it seems that online and print media have been doing it wrong for years by sending reviewers to shows. They should just have people wait around and try to check out YouTube videos to judge performances.

Also, I don't see how you're going to hear his singing off an audience cell phone recording any more clearly than if you were at the shows.

Ali

My opinion was that my audio recordings made his voice sound better, had the effect of reducing some of the cringe worthy highs that were evident.

No offense, but I don't see how an audio recording in and of itself can "reduce" a high. A straight-up recording wouldn't change the pitch or frequency he's singing at.

Ali

As I expected, he sounds terrible.

Do you just copy and paste all of your posts, they all sound exactly the same.

Maybe you'd better get the wax cleaned out of your ears, you're not hearing the same sound as most of the people attending the concerts.

You got it, all he ever does is complain. We get it, you don't like his voice anymore. Quit trying to ruin the people who have attended or will be attendings perception. Let em decide for themselves. Your act is old.

Maybe you'd better get the wax cleaned out of your ears, you're not hearing the same sound as most of the people attending the concerts.

You got it, all he ever does is complain. We get it, you don't like his voice anymore. Quit trying to ruin the people who have attended or will be attendings perception. Let em decide for themselves. Your act is old.

Made 1 six word comment in this thread after I saw the vids from the show. Of course the worship crew goes full apoplectic and blows it entirely out of proportion.

Made 1 six word comment in this thread after I saw the vids from the show. Of course the worship crew goes full apoplectic and blows it entirely out of proportion.

Can't you see you're just like the other side of the coin to those guys though? For every comment they make about how the band can do no wrong, you're there like some sort of cross between Nostradamus and Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh, delighting in predicting doom and gloom and pissing all over their (possibly too enthusiastically lit) bonfire... Neither approach is healthy.

What part of "made 1 comment" aren't you getting? So no, I wasn't there "for every comment they make," not until they came at me for making ONE COMMENT. If you want to say I was more active in the thread about the previous show, I'll admit that. That was because it was the first show back and I was hoping Axl had gotten his shit together. I wanted it to be good. I even said I thought SCOM sounded ok. I do not delight in saying I think Axl sounds like shit. I expressed my disappointment a few times in that thread and -- I'll repeat myself again -- ONE TIME in this thread until people started freaking out.

So how about you all ignore my ONE COMMENT and everything will be fine. I have to warn you, though, I might make one comment in the next show's thread too. Close your eyes if you can't bear the sight.

Edited by magisme

Ali

magisme

No, you completely misunderstood. If you're going to dismiss the opinions of people that were at a show by saying "you can't hear his singing that well when you're at the show", then it seems that online and print media have been doing it wrong for years by sending reviewers to shows. They should just have people wait around and try to check out YouTube videos to judge performances.

Also, I don't see how you're going to hear his singing off an audience cell phone recording any more clearly than if you were at the shows.

Ali

Hey Ali, why are you arguing with people who are telling you it is more important what the show sounds like on youtube than when you are actually there? If my math is correct, the shows are mixed for the people who are there live. It is called a LIVE show? So, let the people who feel cellphone/IPAD mixes are more important. I am gonna guess they are just butt hurt fans who can't go, so they hate from there keyboards.

I love the "Well it sounded great at the show, but..... :rofl-lol:

Saw the vids from the show.

These are the most telling six words. Talk to me when you are there.

Edited by Gunzen

I've been there many times, my friend. Including in the past year. You can tell his voice is weak, but it is usually drowned in other sounds. On the videos, you can hear his voice more distinctly. I'm tired of this retarded argument. If you like how he sounds, fine. I don't like it. We're allowed to disagree last time I checked.

My opinion was that my audio recordings made his voice sound better, had the effect of reducing some of the cringe worthy highs that were evident.

No offense, but I don't see how an audio recording in and of itself can "reduce" a high. A straight-up recording wouldn't change the pitch or frequency he's singing at.

Ali

No offense taken Ali its just my experience of what I noticed.