History Channel: The Bible

WTF?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just earlier today I was thinking it's been a while (in MYGNR terms) since we've had a religion thread. :lol:

I won't be watching, simply because I've got too many other things to do. The limited amount of time I have available for the telly is occupied by 2 Broke Girls, Big Bang Theory, March Madness and baseball. I guess that makes me shallow?

Kind of wanted to watch it but I've read both religious and non-religious people saying that it sucks so I haven't bothered. Is it worth a watch?

Not surprising.

I've watched some of it out of curiosity but it really drags. I figured it'd be easier than actually reading the damn thing but not by much.

Not surprising.

Whatever happened to those documentaries where they got everything right? I remember watching the Roman Empire series and they keep getting the period wrong. Especially the armor of the Roman soldiers. They didn't keep the giant shields and short swords through the whole history. Swords got longer and shields rounder.

King David was a ginger I believe so you lot can't be that bad.

Whatever happened to those documentaries where they got everything right? I remember watching the Roman Empire series and they keep getting the period wrong. Especially the armor of the Roman soldiers. They didn't keep the giant shields and short swords through the whole history. Swords got longer and shields rounder.

How homoerotic.

Is there any mention of gingers in the bible red? :lol: *gasp* wasn't Satan a ginger?!?!

You MOTHERFUCKING FUCKER!!!!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!!

:lol:

*deep breath* Yes, we Gingers are the children of Satan and have no soul. :)

Esau, son of Isaac, is a redhead. He's described as a hunter who has "rough qualities". :lol:

David, ancestor of Jesus, was called "admoni and handsome in appearance". Admoni is reddish-brown, indicating David's heroic nature.

I watched a documentary about the Roman Emperors, I don't remember how it was called, but I somehow doubt Hadrian had highlights. Call me crazy.

I watched a documentary about the Roman Emperors, I don't remember how it was called, but I somehow doubt Hadrian had highlights. Call me crazy.

Seriously?

I wish they would stop focusing on popular history and go for stuff like Scythians, Uratu, Assyria, Uyghiurs, Celts, Etruscans, Phoencians, Amorites.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Seriously?

I wish they would stop focusing on popular history and go for stuff like Scythians, Uratu, Assyria, Uyghiurs, Celts, Etruscans, Phoencians, Amorites.

Seriously. The highlights weren't very notorious but it was obvious that the actor had some mild highlights. I was trying to find the video on youtube but I can't.

Anyway, I agree with you. I'm tired of the same documentaries all the time. it should be nice to watch something different from time to time. And there are some ancient civilisations that were really amazing.

They usually do something when a major hollywood picture is based on the event. Like Apocalypto got all these channels to cash on Mayan interest.

Even in Americas there was more to it than nomadic Indians, Mayans and Aztecs. There was a Cahokia culture that served one of the largest gatherings in Native American history. The Europeans were so surprised by the remains of the city they insisted it was Welshmen who sailed from Wales all the way up the Mississippi and got people together. Trying not to give people credit.

Like those who insist aliens built the pyramids.