How come Metallica can do it but Guns cant...

tsunta

Metallica has been touring Death Magnetic for the last 4/5 years.... why isn't Guns allowed to?

They are calling their new DVD Quebec Magnetic... they did a new mexico city thing and another dvd about Magnetic..... don't you think enough is enough just like how Guns is touring the same shit,

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Metallica's legacy was sealed by the time the Black Album became legendary. Guns on the other hand are/were one of those "what if?" bands.

Oh and Metallica:

1. Is Metallica, not Lars or James and Friends (note, Lars owns the Metallica name, but has never started a new Metallica or fucked his friends over).

2. Always put on a quality show.

3. Is playing almost as good as the Justice/Black days (Hetfield also looks his best since probably the Puppets days)

4. Put out albums whilst Axl fell off the face of the earth.

5. Always release DVD's etc. to keep their fans entertained.

6. Did the Big 4 tour and squashed the Mustaine beef for good.

7. They ultimately gave the fans what they wanted with Death Magnetic (even if it was a tad too loud).

8. Unlike the majority of Guns fans who ultimately hate Axl and are indifferent towards the new band, Metallica fans are fiercely loyal to the point that they have shows where a stadium will have a cult like devotion to Metallica (see Maiden fans).

Edited by Johnny Drama

Maybe because they also released an album in 2003, and 1997 and 1996. Plus Lulu and a few live DVDs/albums.

That and Mettallica is a 'real' band with James Hetfield, Kirk Hemmet and Lars Ulrich being there for a long, long time...

Because Metallica's legacy was sealed by the time the Black Album became legendary. Guns on the other hand are/were one of those "what if?" bands.

Oh and Metallica:

1. Is Metallica, not Lars or James and Friends (note, Lars owns the Metallica name, but has never started a new Metallica or fucked his friends over).

3. Is playing almost as good as the Justice/Black days (Hetfield also looks his best since probably the Puppets days)

7. They ultimately gave the fans what they wanted with Death Magnetic (even if it was a tad too loud).

8. Unlike the majority of Guns fans who ultimately hate Axl and are indifferent towards the new band, Metallica fans are fiercely loyal to the point that they have shows where a stadium will have a cult like devotion to Metallica (see Maiden fans).

Glad that GNR is anything like Metallica.

Oh and Metallica:

Basically all of this, and Metallica are working on a new album for a 2014 release

Edited by CharlieSheen

Oh and Metallica:

this shit

Maybe because they also released an album in 2003, and 1997 and 1996. Plus Lulu and a few live DVDs/albums.

That and Mettallica is a 'real' band with James Hetfield, Kirk Hemmet and Lars Ulrich being there for a long, long time...

James and Lars are the only original members.

James and Lars are the only original members.

Sorry for my misleading words, yes you're right Kirk is only in Mettalica since 1983, 2 long years after the band was formed....

Load, ReLoad, Garage Inc., S&M, St. Anger, Death Magnetic, Lulu, Beyond Magnetic... 8 albums to the nuband's 1 (ChiDem)

Please don't mention Lu Lu as a Metallica album.

St.Anger is a masterpiece compared to that crap.

Did I say it was any good?

It's a lie that Metallica hasn't released anything since Death Magnetic.

It boils down to the same old argument, Guns have been actively promoting the release of CD in one form or another since '01 bla bla bla. Its not just 4/5 years, its over a decade since the title Chinese Democracy was announced and it was years of false starts before we got the steady touring cycle that was promised. Thus it feels more exhausted than Metallica's latest effort.

I'm by no means a fan but I know that Metallica are one of the most proactive bands out there for releasing material. Official bootlegs, live dvds, albums etc. They do alot to keep fans engaged in between new releases and during tours. There is alot more intent now from the Guns camp to do this sort of thing so we may start getting more material down the line.

This thread is stupid, let's all bow down to the mighty metallica because they are just the best band ever. James hetfield is the most overrated singer in rock history. I wouldn't let him front my band, let alone a famous band. He writes good riffs, ill give him that. But his voice and lyrics are awful and cheesy imo. Lars and kirk are cool, I have no issue with them, but james is a little bitch. And he makes fun of axl, after seeing that documentary they did a few years back, id say james is the biggest douche in rock music.

Now as far as metallica the band and their fans let's look at this. Most would agree that their best work was kill em all through justice, which I also agree with. But where does that leave the black album? Their "masterpiece" is considered one of their lesser works? Why? Because it garnered mass appeal? How stupid is that? But ok ill agree with the premise that the black album isn't a true classic album, so where does that leave the band? As much as I like kill, lightning, master, and justice I don't think any of those albums crack the top 30 of greatest albums of all time, maybe not even top 50. I say that because in order to be considered a classic album it really does have to gain mass acceptance. Did success diminish appetites quality? No, if anything it enhanced it. The same goes for back in black, zeppelin 4, dark side of the moon and many others. So why should metallica be judged any different? And as I said earlier, metallicas fan base would agree that the black album isn't their best work, so in aggreance with that premise I conclude that metallica never achieved a true classic album. And since they never achieved that, it makes me question the quality of the band. Untill their own fan base accepts the fact that their best album is indeed the black album I hold strongly to this opinion. Back in black is not my fav acdc album, but I can't deny that it really is their best album, front to back, hits and everything.

So metallica fans I challenge you, either own up to the fact that the black album is the ultimate metallica album or accept the fact that your band is highly over rated.

Funny you should bring up the black album. I know a lot of fans out there think Metallica sold out with their eponymous album, but I personally love it. It´s the album that got me into Metallica in the first place. Musically speaking, it may not be as great as Master of Puppets, but there´s something about the black album... I don´t know. I just think it´s one of the best albums ever recorded.

Hell i'll stick my hand up and say the first Metallica album i bought was indeed the Black Album, after i bought the Black Album i started working my way backwards in Metallica's back catalogue (Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets & ....And Justice For All are classics)

To quote TombRaider ''there´s something about the Black Album... I don´t know. I just think it´s one of the best albums ever recorded.''

Edited by CharlieSheen

You touched on my point, what is the deal with that album? I personally prefer ride the lightning, but I can't say that lightning is better than the black album. The black album sold more, had bigger hits, and really is the album that made metallica a house hold name. They are the only band that condemns their best album, it makes no sense. Truth be told, the black album is the best metallica album, and metallica and their fans need to embrace it.

Here's the bottom line, if somebody never heard of metallica before, which album would you give them first? The black album is the only one that would make them a fan after one listen. The early stuff might be too intense for starters, while the black album has the hits. But again untill the band and their fans embrace the black album as a masterpiece, they have no masterpiece imo. So in other words they are not a great band, just good.

Two different bands.

One stood almost intact with most of the Original members. The 3 main guys, Lars, James and Kirk. Never lost critical acclaim, never lost any kind of respect from an audience.

The other only has 1 of the Original members. Had a rough/bad break up. Was completely demolished and discredited by the media due to the break up drama. Had to be rebuilt from the ashes with new members who not only could play the new songs they were making but also learn and play the classic songs played by the Original band.

And i'm not even gonna talk about all the lawsuits that happened, that only further delayed the release of their first album and who knows what more.