What would it take for you to give up on NewGNR?

Vincent Vega

For NewGNR fans and apologists, what would your limit be? What would it take for you to give up on the idea of NewGNR being better than Old Guns? What would your breaking point be? If BBF, DJ and Fortus all quit/were fired, would you still be as interested?

To be honest, who really cares about the name of the band.

I'm interested in hearing my favorite rock singer Axl sing. Who he surrounds himself in the band isn't the main reason I listen to the current version of GnR. Nor is it because of Beta's mega management skills.

I just want to hear my favorite singer..........sing.
It's a shame that we have one album of original material from Axl Rose in the last 20 years.

For NewGNR fans and apologists, what would your limit be? What would it take for you to give up on the idea of NewGNR being better than Old Guns? What would your breaking point be? If BBF, DJ and Fortus all quit/were fired, would you still be as interested?

While there's definitely no accounting for taste, Groghan, and while I respect your opinion, I think the musicians are important. The way I see it, there is a difference between having a soulful guitar player in your band and having someone like, say, Petrucci. Or for instance, remember the difference in style between Adler and Sorum. That does play a role in the final product. If Axl is all you care about, fine. But in my case, I need musicians with enough charisma to make me wanna listen to the songs or albums. But that's just me.

Edited by TombRaider

I understand and agree.

But my main reason in listening to GnR now is Axl.

Before BBF joined the band, I knew who he was but I couldn't have named one song that he did.

I knew DJ was......but wasn't very impressed with his work with Motley or Sixx AM.

My point is that just because somebody is "in" GnR doesn't make me automatically like them.

I'm not a musician. So for me, the main thing I listen to in a rock band is the singer. There are some musicians out there that I like, but mainly I'm a singers guy. Some will probably laugh, but I really like Paul Gilbert's style of playing guitar. He is a crazy shredder, but he also plays a lot of goofy stuff. So if he is in a band, I'll check it out.

But if Brain, Frank, Fortus, Dizzy, DJ, BBF, Tommy, Dizzy and Pitman are all fired by Axl tomorrow.............and they hire a singer........and Axl hired a band of complete unknowns..............I would be 100 times more interested in Axl's band than in the ex-GnR band.

While there's definitely no accounting for taste, Groghan, and while I respect your opinion, I think the musicians are important. The way I see it, there is a difference between having a soulful guitar player in your band and having someone like, say, Petrucci. Or for instance, remember the difference in style between Adler and Sorum. That does play a role in the final product. If Axl is all you care about, fine. But in my case, I need musicians with enough charisma to make me wanna listen to the songs or albums. But that's just me.

I'm not a musician. So for me, the main thing I listen to in a rock band is the singer. There are some musicians out there that I like, but mainly I'm a singers guy. Some will probably laugh, but I really like Paul Gilbert's style of playing guitar. He is a crazy shredder, but he also plays a lot of goofy stuff. So if he is in a band, I'll check it out.

Paul Gilbert is amazing

But if Brain, Frank, Fortus, Dizzy, DJ, BBF, Tommy, Dizzy and Pitman are all fired by Axl tomorrow.............and they hire a singer........and Axl hired a band of complete unknowns..............I would be 100 times more interested in Axl's band than in the ex-GnR band.

Interesting. I'd be 100x more interested as well because not only is he my favorite singer, he brings out the best in everyone.

There must be a reason why I don't follow or listen to any solo material from past or present GNR members. They don't interest me at all.

With that said I don't mind Duff's BIM and BD and enjoy Gilby's first solo album PG.

Yes Miser, everyone who doesn't hate NewGNR thinks they're better than the classic lineup.

:o Bacardi said Classic and not Original! He must hate Slash!

:rofl-lol:

Edited by volcano62

Paul Gilbert is amazing

>But if Brain, Frank, Fortus, Dizzy, DJ, BBF, Tommy, Dizzy and Pitman are all fired by Axl tomorrow.............and they hire a singer........and Axl hired a band of complete unknowns..............I would be 100 times more interested in Axl's band than in the ex-GnR band.

Interesting. I'd be 100x more interested as well because not only is he my favorite singer, he brings out the best in everyone.

There must be a reason why I don't follow or listen to any solo material from past or present GNR members. They don't interest me at all.

With that said I don't mind Duff's BIM and BD and enjoy Gilby's first solo album PG.

Yes Miser, everyone who doesn't hate NewGNR thinks they're better than the classic lineup.

So basically you're not a fan of Guns N' Roses really, just Axl Rose.

Play the hits in Vegas.

Oh, wait!

Paul Gilbert is amazing

"1366662975">

/>

>But if Brain, Frank, Fortus, Dizzy, DJ, BBF, Tommy, Dizzy and Pitman are all fired by Axl tomorrow.............and they hire a singer........and Axl hired a band of complete unknowns..............I would be 100 times more interested in Axl's band than in the ex-GnR band.

lockquote>

>Yes Miser, everyone who doesn't hate NewGNR thinks they're better than the classic lineup.

I am a fan of Axl and his band Guns N' Roses. I'm not a fan of the individual members' solo material past and present.

Edited by volcano62

Guest bellastar2355

Play the hits in Vegas.

Oh, wait!

What was wrong with doing Vegas? They were good shows

As long there is Axl Rose singing the classic Gn'R hits I'll stand by the man. Don't really give a fuck if his band name remains Gn'R or changes to something else. Lifelong Axl Rose fan here, whatever he decides to do in the future.

Paul Gilbert is amazing

/>

lockquote>

>Yes Miser, everyone who doesn't hate NewGNR thinks they're better than the classic lineup.

Holy Cow...............Volcano and I agree again!

I like that Paul Gilbert has fun while he plays and doesn't take himself as serious as some of the other legends do.

Miser,

The overwhelming majority of us on this board were/are fans of the original GnR. The band that put out four amazing albums in a five year period.

Today, what is GnR? Lots of us invested ourselves into Axl's vision.........only to see the drummer and two guitar players replaced.

It is hard to invest too much of yourself into the current band simply because they have NOT put out any music together as a band.

I'm a fan of these guys as a touring band. They sound great live. Often outshining the lead singer! But it is hard to invest myself into a band that hasn't released music. I have no idea what they will sound like as recording band.

It's like the guy who is a real ladies man and has had a ton of GFs. He shows you a picture of a new hot chick that he is dating and asks if you like her? You say "Yes, she is hot. But I need to meet her before I can say if I like her or not. She looks good, but I don't know what kind of personality she has until I get to know her."

Right now we know the current band can play other people's music. But we don't know what they can do on their own.

Edited by Groghan

Play the hits in Vegas.

Oh, wait!

What was wrong with doing Vegas? They were good shows

Good if you like Pat Boone.

For NewGNR fans and apologists, what would your limit be? What would it take for you to give up on the idea of NewGNR being better than Old Guns?

I am a fan of the current lineup but yet feel they will never be as good as the AFD lineup. Is that wrong of me?

For NewGNR fans and apologists, what would your limit be? What would it take for you to give up on the idea of NewGNR being better than Old Guns?

I am a fan of the current lineup but yet feel they will never be as good as the AFD lineup. Is that wrong of me?

No,it's not wrong of you. Why I'm saying that. Cause nothing will ever outshine,outdohowever else ya wanna say itthe Appitie/Illusion era Guns.

I don't think anyone really cares if the new band surpasses the old band.

All that most fans of the current iteration care about is that they release music (they finally accomplished this in 2008, and should do it more often) and that they put on good shows (they've achieved this each time I've seen them live)

People get way too caught up in comparing the new band and the old band. What is wrong with enjoying both? Why are people so hung up on the name?

Didn't the OP used to be all for the new band, and now is constantly complaining about Axl continuing the GnR name?

Edited by shotgunblues1978

People get way too caught up in comparing the new band and the old band. What is wrong with enjoying both? Why are people so hung up on the name?

It's not the name that everyone is so hung up on!Its the quality of the music ...... at least it is for me. Axl was,is and will forever be my favorite GNR member. I adore the ballads from UYIs which were totally his concepts. But I absolutely cringe at his ballad concepts from CD.actually I cringe at most all of CD concepts : (

It's just I can't stop looking ..... kinda like looking at a car wreck when ya drive by.

Edited by SweetRose

I don't care about the name of a band, nor do I care that much who the members are. All I care about is the music that band releases.

Axl Rose is one of the top rock singers of all time. And the facts are that he has released ONE album of original material in the last 20 years. That is a huge shame and loss for rock music and especially for GnR/Axl fans.

It sucks that my favorite singer has only put out 4.5 albums or original material in his 27 year career as the singer of GnR.

How amazing would it be if our favorite singer operated like 99.9% of other singers? Can you imagine if we had 15 albums worth of music right now with Axl singing on them? Heck, how about just imagining having 5 more albums............

But instead, we've gotten one album in the last 15 years with no word yet on when/if another one will be released. Even though there is rumored to be tons of music in Axl's library, as well as having a current band who is chomping at the bit to create and release music.

But for some reason, Axl and Beta don't seem to care about sharing Axl's music with his millions of fans. Very dissapointing.