Any chance you could ban the trolls?

Guest NGOG

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(I can't believe I'm going to admit this because sometimes I want to punch him in his fucking Canadian face and he'd probably ban me if he could)

I feel the love :tongue2:

Seriously people take things too seriously. In the end I know we're all GNR fans and love the current and old band (I know the cupcakes love the current band and will buy the next album as soon as it's out.)

I'd love to have a beer with all of yous.

Seriously - why can't more people around here have this outlook on people they disagree with? We're arguing over a fucking band. Just agree to disagree and then have some fun.

(I can't believe I'm going to admit this because sometimes I want to punch him in his fucking Canadian face and he'd probably ban me if he could)

I feel the love :tongue2:

Seriously people take things too seriously. In the end I know we're all GNR fans and love the current and old band (I know the cupcakes love the current band and will buy the next album as soon as it's out.)

I'd love to have a beer with all of yous.

Seriously - why can't more people around here have this outlook on people they disagree with? We're arguing over a fucking band. Just agree to disagree and then have some fun.

What makes you think we don't have this outlook? But that doesn't mean we're going to let the haters continue to hate on the band we are here to discuss. These are two separate things.

Edited by SoulMonster

I'm a hater cupcake because I expect more of the band in terms of moving forward and not riding the coattails/milking the legacy of the Hall of Fame line-up.

I'm a hater cupcake because when someone makes a ridiculous statement I post a picture of a guy wearing a tinfoil hat which upsets them so much they have to start a thread in support calling for me to be banned. That's you NGOG, I guess I hit a raw nerve.

I'm a hater cupcake because when I read something absurd like ‘Estranged is Bumblefoots baby‘ -Volcano62© I post a picture of Charlton Heston laughing because that is the only logical response to a deliberate cupcake post.

The humourless individuals upset by this must be so thin-skinned I suggest they avoid the entire internet in future in case they see something that might ruin their lives. Or go to HTGTH where everything is censored apart from posts that go so far beyond butt licking they practically involve a rectal exam.

If the above makes me a cupcake hater than so be it, I'd rather be that than be like some brainwashed cultist.

Yeah, on most boards you'd be banned. What possible value do you bring this forum except perhaps donations?

Make a poll between the two of you and I'm willing to bet you'd dislike the results.

Edited by Rustycage

I'm a hater cupcake

Yeah, on most boards you'd be banned. What possible value do you bring this forum except perhaps donations?

Go moderate your 3-member forum. Nobody needs your help here.

Why can't I both express my opinions on banning in this thread AND moderate my own forum at the same time? I might be more resourceful and adept at multitasking than you, pu2loc, ever considered that?

Make a poll between the two of you and I'm willing to bet you'd dislike the results.

I doubt it very much :D But if we were to consider that possibility -- just as a mental exercise (come one now, you know you need it!) -- then that would probably be because the value I bring, which is mostly in the form of doing interviews with band members, transcribing interviews, compiling stats, compiling quotes, compiling pictures, compiling bootlegs, making live show databases, compiling old interviews, and so on, and making it all available to fans, is disseminated to all fans regardless of me being here on this forum or not, whereas the value that dude (I honestly can't remember what his nick is I can't bother to scroll up) brings is mostly through cheap jokes that entertain his clusterfuck of like-minded (and of course I use "minded" in its most broad meaning conceivable) would be lost if he weren't here because we both know sure as hell that his humour doesn't have the ability to traverse the Internet.

Edited by SoulMonster

What you do at your board doesn't make one bit of difference here. You think too highly of yourself.

Flame section please. Hell, it'd probably clean up Attitude.

What the fuck do you compile, Rusty?

Before or after a high fiber meal?

I doubt it very much :D But if we were to consider that possibility -- just as a mental exercise (come one now, you know you need it!) -- then that would probably be because the value I bring, which is mostly in the form of doing interviews with band members, transcribing interviews, compiling stats, compiling quotes, compiling pictures, compiling bootlegs, making live show databases, compiling old interviews, and so on, and making it all available to fans, is disseminated to all fans regardless of me being here on this forum or not, whereas the value that dude (I honestly can't remember what his nick is I can't bother to scroll up) brings is mostly through cheap jokes that entertain his clusterfuck of like-minded (and of course I use "minded" in its most broad meaning conceivable) would be lost if he weren't here because we both know sure as hell that his humour doesn't have the ability to traverse the Internet.

If you're too sure then make the poll in Anything Goes, the one with less votes leaves the forum forever. Oh wait, what is that? Is that the sound of someone really scared? :lol:

Make it happen.

I'm a hater cupcake

Have you ever been banned? I haven't. One warning from Powerage because I posted a picture of Kim Jong Un whispering in a soldier's ear with the caption - "Kill Bumberfoot" over his "Fuck GNR" comment.

Which frankly I thought absurd, because unlike you guys Bumblefoot has an actual sense of humour. I didn't complain against the warning because I actually like Powerage so didn't want to bother him.

Now if we go back a little further to when Madison was admin I had 2 warnings. 1 from zint for some political nonsense about Israel and 1 from Madison because there was a thread titled - "What would you say to Axl if you saw him on the street?"

My response was "Hi, Mick, I love your work in Simply Red" and "Are you deliberately trying to look like a ginger predator to scare Slash away/"

Unknown to me, Axl was browsing the forum that very day when nobody knew he was about to post. The mods seemed to have some advance warning because all of a sudden there was a massive clampdown on anything remotely controversial being said.

So there you go, I've been here since 2006 and that's the extent of my interactions with the mods. I was suspended for 1 week by Powerage in all that time. No other warnings, bannings or suspensions.

How about you? Let's clear the air here. I have nothing to hide. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. (like Bacardimayne and others)

I'm a hater cupcake

Go moderate your 3-member forum. Nobody needs your help here.

Why can't I both express my opinions on banning in this thread AND moderate my own forum at the same time? I might be more resourceful and adept at multitasking than you, pu2loc, ever considered that?

Or might be not. I think you have a forum to moderate in your own way with your own rules. Maybe that's why you have no members over there? :lol:

Whatever you talk about in here doesn't mean shit and you know it.

If you're too sure then make the poll in Anything Goes, the one with less votes leaves the forum forever. Oh wait, what is that? Is that the sound of someone really scared? :lol:

Make it happen.

Hah, no, as I have stated in this very thread, I don't want any of the cupcakes to leave this forum.