Why there could be a slight chance now to get Buckethead back for a bit...

Blusky Grenfield

If Axl really felt for Buckethead's predicament an annonymous donation would be the way to go, but the whole idea that it could somehow be leveraged for gain or favour is ridiculous.

this.

i'm sure axl would help an old firend if necessary.

I think this is more likely than using the misfortune to force him back into the band

I'd be willing to pay a surcharge on a concert ticket if I was guaranteed to watch them play TWAT and bucket guest on it and play the solo (not that I think Ron does a bad job or anything though)

OR

If Gn'R released a single/album with Bucket on it he would get royalties...

Come on Axl, help the guy out!

Guest NGOG

I think it's because Axl doesn't owe Buckethead that gesture, it would be so much cooler of him to do it regardless.

There is absolutely no logic to the idea that Axl should financially support the medical costs of Buckethead's father in order to iniate some pseudo-sense of reconciliation. As I said, GNR paid Bucket well enough when he was part of the project. His father's health, as harsh as it may come across, is his own personal concern.

I think it's because Axl doesn't owe Buckethead that gesture, it would be so much cooler of him to do it regardless.

There is absolutely no logic to the idea that Axl should financially support the medical costs of Buckethead's father in order to iniate some pseudo-sense of reconciliation. As I said, GNR paid Bucket well enough when he was part of the project. His father's health, as harsh as it may come across, is his own personal concern.

You are right, but you don't seem catch my drift. Aside from the deal "music input and craftmanship for money" there was another thing, a niche artist not being to cool to help out a mainstream band when that band was anything but cool, as much as that band not being too cool to employ a niche artist. Back in the day no one but devoted hardcore people gave two shits about either Buckethead or Guns N' Roses. He went in knowing the project could bomb like crazy and hurt his own reputation as much as he could gain popularity from it. I don't know what went on behind the scenes, all I know is they have more in common than they woul be willing to ever acknowledge. Plus unlike many other people, Bucket never talked bad about Axl, his music or anyone the band in public. That is not saying Axl owes Bucket anything, but knowing Buckethead loves his family more than MIchael Jackson and Disneyland, one would have to be extremely stupid not to use that opportunity to bury the hatchet, and by this I don't mean taking advantage of his situation, I'm talking about the other cheek. It's just a great opportunity for growth and progression and evening things out on a personal level more than anything. If music comes out in the end that's a bonus, but even without any futher collaboration both would gain a lot from it. When it comes to a new employement, I think for strong and proud individualists like Bucket and Axl I think it's easier to give and take money for a job you do than to settle for a donation or favour of some sort. But then again what do I know. Like I said I think you are right with what you said, but my approach here is different.

Well, never say never. Izzy, Duff, Brain and Robin all played with Guns N' Roses on 2010.

Which show did Robin play in 2010? Any videos or images? Would love to see some!

Manets is a little wrong there. These are the shows that each former member played (they were not all in 2010):

Duff: London O2 2010, Seattle 2011 and LA 2011

Izzy: London O2 2012 (both nights), London surprise club gig 2012, Vegas 2012 (last two nights)

Robin: House Of Blues 2012

Brain: House Of Blues 2012

Thank you!!

Why would Bucket go back? Apparently he's already done the guitar parts for songs that haven't been released yet. Why bother to try and get back in Axl's band and wait forever for another album to come out? Doesn't make any sense.

Of course, Axl has implied that he wouldn't be opposed to having Bucket back, but there's only so much room on the stage. It's crowded enough as it is.

I would only want buckethead to come in to have his input on the new album!

Even if he isn't I assume some of his guitar parts will be on the next released album when it eventually comes out

Which is a great thing, his leads are great and unique in their own way