Do You Think Deep Inside & Ego Aside, Axl Really Wants Slash Back?

ChristmasFnatic

I've always wondered why so many people keep defending Axl after all this shit?? Sure I like Axl as a singer and he has good charisma but that doesn't mean I can't criticize his actions and decisions..I think the lamest excuse is that "Axl is Axl, you just have to accept it" I hear from some of his defenders..I think Axl has made really bad decisions in his life regarding GnR and we see the results today which is no new record in sight, didn't attend to HOF(which made people hate him even more)..I don't understand why he couldn't attend HOF..What harm could that have caused him? His letter didn't make any sense when he said that "maybe if it were you, you would have done it, what ever.." Axl is good making enemies with his behaviour and I think his 'I don't give a shit attitude' has gone too far...

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's like asking "do you want cancer". Quite messed up to be honest.

I've always wondered why so many people keep defending Axl after all this shit?? Sure I like Axl as a singer and he has good charisma but that doesn't mean I can't criticize his actions and decisions..I think the lamest excuse is that "Axl is Axl, you just have to accept it" I hear from some of his defenders..I think Axl has made really bad decisions in his life regarding GnR and we see the results today which is no new record in sight, didn't attend to HOF(which made people hate him even more)..I don't understand why he couldn't attend HOF..What harm could that have caused him? His letter didn't make any sense when he said that "maybe if it were you, you would have done it, what ever.." Axl is good making enemies with his behaviour and I think his 'I don't give a shit attitude' has gone too far...

its good he didn't go to RRHOF, it was all politics to make money and Axl knew that. He backed HIS band and they didn't want it, they wanted him with Slash and co. He stuck to his guns, nothing wrong with that. You are basing these "bad decisions" from what you see and hear from the media, stop with the nonsense and get your facts straight Edited by GNRFan53

its good he didn't go to RRHOF, it was all politics to make money and Axl knew that. He backed HIS band and they didn't want it, they wanted him with Slash and co. He stuck to his guns, nothing wrong with that. You are basing these "bad decisions" from what you see and hear from the media, stop with the nonsense and get your facts straight

I knew I'd have to dig this out at some point in this thread

lol.gif

its good he didn't go to RRHOF, it was all politics to make money and Axl knew that. He backed HIS band and they didn't want it, they wanted him with Slash and co. He stuck to his guns, nothing wrong with that. You are basing these "bad decisions" from what you see and hear from the media, stop with the nonsense and get your facts straight

Just curious...

1: You claim that people's minds are somehow influenced by the media. As if the media gives 2 shits about Axl now. You blame the media for people's "incorrect" opinions yet we go to #2.

2: You tell someone to get their facts straight. What facts? No one from the camp tells you jack shit so what influenced YOU?

So did Slash, Duff, Steven and Sorum go cause of money and politics or did they go cause they did it for the fans and actually cared that we got them inducted? Which one do u think is accurate??Axl's decision was punch to GnR fans faces and showed how much he cared us, the fans who supported them..I don't take them from the media, they're just facts that can be seen by anyone =)

Just curious...

1: You claim that people's minds are somehow influenced by the media. As if the media gives 2 shits about Axl now. You blame the media for people's "incorrect" opinions yet we go to #2.

2: You tell someone to get their facts straight. What facts? No one from the camp tells you jack shit so what influenced YOU?

Knowledge. get your facts straight. :thumbsup:

So did Slash, Duff, Steven and Sorum go cause of money and politics or did they go cause they did it for the fans and actually cared that we got them inducted? Which one do u think is accurate??Axl's decision was punch to GnR fans faces and showed how much he cared us, the fans who supported them..I don't take them from the media, they're just facts that can be seen by anyone =)
hahaha don't be butthurt because he didn't show up to the RRHOF.

Most of the members that went love the attention and would be delighted at an offer from VH1 for a tv spot. Axl on the other hand has stated that he'd pay VH1 to leave him alone.

Another thing, if RRHOF would have offered to Axl "ok hey we will set you up a spot with the band you have now so you can support your crew" HE would have went. The fact is they wouldn't.

Its called research, give it some time and then you will know that everything about the RRHOF is a load of bull. In the GNR world it was split, some fans loved Axl's decision then there were some who were hard headed and ignorant and said "Hey duuude thaats meessed up, how could Axl do that to the Rock Nroll Hall of Fame lemme get back to watching some FOX television"

2042 - justin beiber inducted

Edited by GNRFan53

Just curious...

Gain some knowledge and learn how to differentiate between the poster you said had their facts wrong and myself.

Being a hypersenstive Axl fan doesn't mean you're privy to your own set of delusional "facts."

But anyways, instead of claiming knowledge, try actually LAYING out your facts smart guy. Any of which I would bet you know jack about.

Just what in the post quoted below that you originally quoted is non-factual?

Learn the difference between fact and opinion, sensitive one. There's no need to cry about some evil media conspiracy against Axl just because you can't handle opposing opinions.

Edited by Rustycage

Just curious...

Gain some knowledge and learn how to differentiate between the poster you said had their facts wrong and myself.

Being a hypersenstive Axl fan doesn't mean you're privy to your own set of delusional "facts."

But anyways, instead of claiming knowledge, try actually LAYING out your facts smart guy. Any of which I would bet you know jack about.

Just what in the post quoted below that you originally quoted is non-factual?

Learn the difference between fact and opinion, sensitive one. There's no need to cry about some evil media conspiracy against Axl just because you can't handle opposing opinions.

LOL :rofl-lol: Get it thru your head that I am basing what I say based on research, whil you guys cupcake the forum spreading insults and hate. :)

The OP's post is basically ignorance. I wanted to let him know the facts so that he didn't go on hating Axl for this oh so horrible decision of not going to the RRHOF.

Edited by GNRFan53

Once again, instead of being a pretentious jerkoff, try explaining what was not factual about that post and just what "research" you were doing and what "facts" you uncovered to make that post a less than valid OPINION?

You're yapping about facts and research. You're coming off as full of it.

LOL @ "research."

Oh...and "pew pew with mah laser gun. I cool"

Once again, instead of being a pretentious jerkoff, try explaining what was not factual about that post and just what "research" you were doing and what "facts" you uncovered to make that post a less than valid OPINION?

You're yapping about facts and research. You're coming off as full of it.

LOL @ "research."

Oh...and "pew pew with mah laser gun. I cool"

what laser gun? :rofl-lol:

Maybe i was a little rough, but i am bored at work. You have to understand lol. I do remember reading an interview stating about why Axl didn't go, but I can't find it :/

Edited by GNRFan53

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/04/axl-rose-pens-open-letter-to-rock-hall-will-not-attend-asks-to-not-be-inducted.html

Axl: There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

I don't have any agenda to have reunion cause of self-promotion or business opportunities..Does Axl really think that's why many fans want a reunion??

Does Axl even realize how big the old GnR was?? Does he?? I want it cause of how fucking good chemistry they had..it's not about money or being famous..It's about how their music touched our hearts and how they were raw and and it can't be put to words..you know what I mean as a GnR fan =) This new GnR just doesn't have the chemistry between them..they just don't have it and they are unable to make new music together..I'm gettin pissed off even thinking what GnR has become...Peace.

Edited by gunnari

Maybe i was a little rough, but i am bored at work. You have to understand lol. I do remember reading an interview stating about why Axl didn't go, but I can't find it :/

And from the interview, there's no way to conclude that IF his version had been included, that he would have went. It's not exactly factual, it's just more of Axl's bullshit.

It's opinion that it was some cash grab. It's not like GNR were the first disbanded band to be inducted. It wasn't until GNR were inducted and Axl pulled this stunt did the HOF become so unimportant to a lot of fans around here.

And from the interview, there's no way to conclude that IF his version had been included, that he would have went. It's not exactly factual, it's just more of Axl's bullshit.

It's opinion that it was some cash grab. It's not like GNR were the first disbanded band to be inducted. It wasn't until GNR were inducted and Axl pulled this stunt did the HOF become so unimportant to a lot of fans around here.

Eh I can't find it anyways. You're probably right, but there have many inductees in the past that didn't show up for similar reasons so I don't see it as a big deal, but opinions differ for sure. Thats why this forum is so left against right. Edited by GNRFan53

I really don't get why does people even belive that Axl hates Slash, I mean, for all this time before nu-guns stared Slash was the one talking about Axl while Axl did whatever he wanted with his life, then he decidded to move on and start CD (a Project that both Slash n' Duff tried to stop after they QUITTED the band) so he decided to leave them behind, its the same thing all the time with him, if you're cool with him thats cool. I don't see him having a trouble with Izzy, Robin or even Buckethead (aside a couple of fights with BH). I knew he had a fight as well with some fashion dude and then ended playing in a show for him (that many people in this fórum trashed) he has played with both Duff n' Izzy in the past with no real issues and was open to the idea of going to the hall of shame (No Judas Priest, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple) with Slash being there. Why he didn't show up? becouse he would be denying all of his current and some of his former band mate's work they did with him for the las 17 years or so, why he would choose Duff over Tommy when tommy has ben at his side for more tan 10 years now? is not even a question at the end of the day. many of you belive that Slash n' Axl where the best friends in all guns but I don't think that was true, for example when Axl was getting divorced from his first wife I've never saw any interview where he thanked any of his bandmates at the time for helping him in the way he thanked Paul Tobias for helping him rebuild guns back in the late 90's. probably some of the inexplicable Axl crazy behavior from back then was the result of seeing his friends and bandmates getting further away from him while getting closer only to drougs (remember Slash being told by his doctor that he only had six weeks left of life if he carried on whit his life in the way he did and how Duff almost died after he's páncreas actually exploded).

So why he wouldn't reunite whith Slash? Simple he doesn't want to, from all the former band mates Slash was the one whom talked the most, and besides this is the way he acts, if there is something that he doesn't like he just erases it from his life, he did it with Slash, his former managers, Tracii Guns, Adler, n' who knows who. Its not even hate, is more like he doesn't even care anymore, he doesn't even like to have interviewers talking about Slash with him becouse he knows that its not going to happen, while Slash takes any opportunity to talk about Axl, Scott or his current former Singer that made his life awful for any given reason. I just hope that Slash doesn't do that with Myles Kennedy becouse I'm a huge fan of him in Alter Bridge since I first Heard them playing Metalingus back in 2006 (and yes I know their first álbum came out in 2004).

But how do we know if Axl hasn't mentioned wanting to call Slash up?And the ones around him have told him that they think that would be a bad idea?

Just like anyone else,we don't know what is said,done or whatever behind Axl's closed door.

Rollingstone/reminder- Axl never reuniting with Slash. "There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty," Rose tells James, adding later that, "Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoidedâ"and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

Read more:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview-20090227#ixzz2V7aSfZrV

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

GNRFan53, you should know that Axl wanted to attend but he wanted his cover band with him at the ceremony, the former members responsible for AFD and the UYI and the ones who worked with real Axl Rose (and not the joke he has become) should be sitting in another table, labeled as "former members" while his cover band as "Guns N' Roses". Since the HoF didn't give him what he wanted he declined but, fact is, he wanted to go and be there. All the stupid nonsensical bullshit of "selling out" is a lie. So, like you said, get your facts straight.

"Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies." - Axl Rose.

Then Axl was dumb enough to thank him in the UYI booklet for Estranged. :lol: Yeah Axl, Slash should've left because you didn't have the balls to fire him loooooololol

People need to understand- Axl could give a shit about Slash. If Slash was hit by bus tomorrow or whatever and the "rock n roll world" had a big benefit/respect concert Axl would not show....rather he & Brazil would have an epic party.