Do You Think Deep Inside & Ego Aside, Axl Really Wants Slash Back?

ChristmasFnatic

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He never wanted Slash to leave. Axl wanted to control the band, bring in another lead guitar player, etc..

Well, at one point Axl certainly wanted Slash out of the band:

Matt paraphrasing Axl about Robin playing alongside Slash: No, he would be a great replacement for Slash [Q Magazine, May 2001]

Axl's hatred for Slash is like that of a scorned lover. Since Slash left Axl's life and career has been defined by his hatred for him. It has gone far beyond being pathetic and has well and truly entered the realm of psychologically disturbing behaviour.

negativity reigns here. But it's only like 7 or 8 forum members, who have all the time in the world to spit venom all over the place. Nothing better to do, they can't bitch about their mothers soup. She can pull the plug of the internet connection.

Stick to the topic and stop trying to derail it by attacking other members. :rolleyes:

Stay Fly.

He never wanted Slash to leave. Axl wanted to control the band, bring in another lead guitar player, etc..

Matt paraphrasing Axl about Robin playing alongside Slash: No, he would be a great replacement for Slash [Q Magazine, May 2001]

I think he wanted him out way before 2001.

Axl's hatred for Slash is like that of a scorned lover. Since Slash left Axl's life and career has been defined by his hatred for him. It has gone far beyond being pathetic and has well and truly entered the realm of psychologically disturbing behaviour.

Except for calling him "a cancer", I can't remember anything that I felt was going too far. I mean, he detests Slash and want to focus on the current lineup. It is what it is.

I think he wanted him out way before 2001.

The quote was from 2001 but obviously talked about events earlier.

He will never work with Slash or talk to him again.

Ashba > Slash

I agree with your 1st statement. And I've said Axl will take the hatred of Slash to his grave.

The 2nd part- you're kidding/trolling now. Slash- AFD, LIES, UYI's, etc....Velvet Revolver, solo work etc..... > anything DJ TM has ever done.

The simple fact is, the world desires Slash and does not see Guns N' Roses as a legit entity without Slash.

Funny that's not the impression I get AT ALL when I see them in concert :shrugs:

I think it was HV that said it during the Australian tour, it's amazing to see everyone having a great time at the shows and then coming to this "fan" forum and hearing all the negative trolling bullshit from people that were not even at the show.

Sort of like all the negative posts and comments you make about Slash? What's the difference?

You also can't have it both ways. If you don't want people to post unless they attended a show, then you can't just restrict people with negative comments, you have to restrict the people who make positive comments as well.

YOU yourself have made comments based on youtube videos.........why are you allowed to do it, but not others?

If only people attending shows could comment on it, show threads would have 2-3 people participating in them.

HTGTH and the band's official forum are praise Axl 24/7. Boggles my mind that you guys continue to post at a forum that makes you so unhappy.

I personally think that Axl doesn't want Slash back in the band. Axl seems to be doing what he wants and is happy. Same thing goes for Slash doing his own thing (however, I think he would join the band under the right circumstances).

The simple fact is, the world desires Slash and does not see Guns N' Roses as a legit entity without Slash.

Funny that's not the impression I get AT ALL when I see them in concert :shrugs:

I think it was HV that said it during the Australian tour, it's amazing to see everyone having a great time at the shows and then coming to this "fan" forum and hearing all the negative trolling bullshit from people that were not even at the show.

Sort of like all the negative posts and comments you make about Slash? What's the difference?

You also can't have it both ways. If you don't want people to post unless they attended a show, then you can't just restrict people with negative comments, you have to restrict the people who make positive comments as well.

YOU yourself have made comments based on youtube videos.........why are you allowed to do it, but not others?

If only people attending shows could comment on it, show threads would have 2-3 people participating in them.

HTGTH and the band's official forum are praise Axl 24/7. Boggles my mind that you guys continue to post at a forum that makes you so unhappy.

the fanatics want worshipping and a serious tone all over this place. in other words, they want this to be htgth 2.0

the fanatics want worshipping and a serious tone all over this place. in other words, they want this to be htgth 2.0

Hey man, watch your mouth. Im a fanatic too! A Christmas Fanatic!

Was that before or after slash left?

No. Axl has made it pretty clear that Slash will never be back in GNR. That decision was made by both of them way back and since everyone has moved on and Axl still doesn't like Slash, why would he want him back in the band

GNR have 3 amazing guitar players now. They don't need Slash. Axl has been there and done that and it's done!

I personally think that Axl doesn't want Slash back in the band. Axl seems to be doing what he wants and is happy. Same thing goes for Slash doing his own thing (however, I think he would join the band under the right circumstances).

Exactly.

It's kind of silly for us fans to still be arguing about it.

The actual people involved have moved on and are doing their own thing. Nothing we do is going to change the past.

Sure, I'd love to see the old band get together and record some music - just to see if the same magic would happen again.

But at this point, all I really care about is hoping that Axl, Beta, Fernando and Vanessa decide to share some of Axl's new music with his millions of fans. I don't really care who the backing band is.

The funny thing is that Beta seems to have even more hatred for Slash than Axl does.

And you are saying this because...? or did i miss something?? :question:

Read what Marc Canter has to say about her.

Marc, the guy that says Slash lie all the time? I respect Marc, but i don't think that Slash lie all the time, and i don't think Beta has to do with the hating thing.

The bar mitzvah story is funny, but that's it.

Edited by Russel Nash

At what point exactly?

I'm with JONEZY here and thought Axl never wanted Slash out of the band.

Except for calling him "a cancer", I can't remember anything that I felt was going too far. I mean, he detests Slash and want to focus on the current lineup. It is what it is.

You didn't read what Canter said in his sub-forum? Axl stopped talking to Marc because he and Slash were still friends. In 2008, Axl basically said to Canter: "You're supporting a man (Slash) who stole 15 years of my life".

So, Axl believes Slash is the devil and he actually stole years of his life. What kind of sick mentality is that?