Bumblefoot vs Axl, who's the better singer?

bacardimayne

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's a lot of anger in Axl's voice. I love when Mickey gets angry at Minnie. That's how Axl sounds.

As a frontman, he's amazing. One of the very best. As a singer, he's pretty average. Sometimes he's awful. Sometimes he's great. Too inconsistent, even back in the days. He had power and now it's gone. Sadly.

Sorry, a lion roaring will make everyone and everything in the jungle scared. Axl's roaring would make even hyenas cubs laugh nowadays.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ron is an amazing vocalist and an excellent frontman. If he was given the chance to front Guns N' Roses, I think finally this new band would take off. The fans would be pleased to have perfect pitch vocals for a change and this guys stage presence is unique and wild. I'd rather have him than Axl.

There's a lot of anger in Axl's voice. I love when Mickey gets angry at Minnie. That's how Axl sounds.

As a frontman, he's amazing. One of the very best. As a singer, he's pretty average. Sometimes he's awful. Sometimes he's great. Too inconsistent, even back in the days. He had power and now it's gone. Sadly.

Sorry, a lion roaring will make everyone and everything in the jungle scared. Axl's roaring would make even hyenas cubs laugh nowadays.

Well said.

Oh come on! I love Bumblefoot, but he's not even close to Axl when it comes to singing. I mean sure, Ron's singing voice is never really bad, but then again Ron always sings in his comfort zone. For example on that There Was A Time-clip, he has rearranged the song so that it fits his voice. He isn't even trying to sing the song the way Axl does. If he would try to sing it like Axl, he would fail completely. It would sound a LOT worse than when Axl's trying to sing it.

Even when Axl's at his worse, he still sings great when he's singing with a more normal voice. For example on The Seeker. It's hard to sing with the high and raspy voice. Axl's definitely not on his comfort zone when he's singing like that. If Axl would rearrange There Was A Time to actually fit his current voice, he'd sound great, but then everyone would be complaining that he's cheating. People would laugh that he can't even sing his own songs and he has to rearrange them.

If Axl would sing There Was A Time the way Bumblefoot sings it, it would probably be a piece of cake for him to sing. But if Bumblefoot would try to sing for example Welcome To The Jungle the way Axl sings it, it would be a disaster. That's why Axl's a better singer. Sometimes he sounds bad when he's singing with the inhuman Axl voice. But if he'd be singing with a normal voice he'd sound just fine. He's never a bad singer. Sometime he's just not superhuman enough to nail the Axl voice.

It would probably be a good idea to sing more songs with a normal voice on the next album. So that he'd get them right everytime when he's singing them live.

Ron's singing TWAT exactly how it was meant to be sung. I don't know where one can get the notion that the song was reworked, lol. Thing is - he's not out of breath, unlike Axl. His singing voice is strong here, unlike Axl's. How can Axl compensate the lack of breathing technique and power? Rasp. That's how he tried to do it but failed everytime. He sounds like shit by the end of the verses. He struggles to breath properly in between the words and right before Finck's solo he sounds like an old man that just finished a marathon.

Oh, I liked making fun of our beloved lead singer again. Damnit.

That same small bit Axl is always struggling to sing. No, he didn't cover the song, he played a little bit of the song upon request. Gotta ask him to sing more when he does the interview in a few days.

That's exactly how he does... upon request. He does several bits of GnR songs here, including Oh My God.

I wanted to record when he did Fall to Pieces, I'd post that everytime someone mentions that they hate Slash and that Axl wouldn't accept them supporting or complienting him in any way, shape or form. :lol:

Edited by Bruno Poeys

These days BBF>>>Axl in voice. I even told Ron he got more rasps than Axl these days. He laughed and thanked me.

When does Ron use rasp? I think he is a pretty good singer, but more of a clean vocal style, as you can hear when he sings Iron Maiden songs.

Axl's out of breath because he's actually screaming the chorus with rasp and all. He's actually singing the chorus with a different voice than the verses. It's more exhausting to switch between different voices than to sing everything with the same voice like Bumblefoot does on his version of TWAT.

Like I said, if Axl would sing the song the way Bumblefoot does (singing the chorus instead of screaming it) he wouldn't go out of breath. The song would be a piece of cake for him. But he tries to sing it the way it is sung on the album. That's the problem. He's not taking the easy route like Bumblefoot does.

Dunno why that link didn't open for me. But I guess we're stil talking about TWAT and I already said everything there is to say about it. Axl's trying to sing it the way it is on the album with the raspy scream voice on the chorus. Bumblefoot sings it the easy way without switching voices.

Axl probably should sing it the easy way too so people like you would be happy. But then some other people would be bitching that he sucks cause he doesn't sing it the way it is on the album.

The bottom line is this: Bumblefoot always sings within his comfort zone, so he never sucks, but his voice is never amazing either. Axl tries to sing with his trademark unhuman voice, but that's not his comfort zone, so sometimes he sucks but sometimes he's amazing.

I prefer Axl's style. There's millions of people who sing like Ron Thal, but only one Axl.