Bumblefoot vs Axl, who's the better singer?

bacardimayne

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mods:

If you insist on moving this to the wasteland of ignored polls otherwise known as Don't Damn Me, please just delete the poll and leave this here instead. Thanks.

A year or two ago, someone made this topic and it was laughed at, with Axl blowing Ron away in the poll and people ridiculing the OP. Today, I think it's a more legitimate question. Personally, I think Bumblefoot in 2013 blows Axl away in terms of singing capabilities. What say you?

Edited by bacardimayne

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bellastar2355

Personally, I think Bumblefoot in 2013 blows Axl away in terms of singing capabilities. What say you?

:thumbsup:

I agree

In the studio Axl does AMAZING things, he's the best Singer ever on the records. On stage... that's a different story, I feel in the studio he bites off more tan he can chew on stage.

so.. In studio: Axl, no doubt.

On stage: dunno... if I'm gonna compare to what I Heard last I'm going for BBF

Edited by Betty Plant

In the studio Axl does AMAZING things, he's the best Singer ever on the records. On stage... that's a different story, I feel in the studio he bites off more tan he can chew on stage.

so.. In studio: Axl, no doubt.

We haven't heard Axl in the studio since 2007. You know how much his voice has deteriorated since then.

Mods:

If you insist on moving this to the wasteland of ignored polls otherwise known as Don't Damn Me, please just delete the poll and leave this here instead. Thanks.

This is so true. I made two great polls in the past and they got moved to that section. It's just nonsense.

On topic: Bumblefoot sings better than current Axl. Axl sounds awful.

Guest bellastar2355

Bumble's singing is pretty generic as are his solo efforts. Axl.

Bumble's singing is pretty generic as are his solo efforts. Axl.

octo.gif

Bumblefoot rules... sorry :D

Just listen to both singing There Was a Time. It's like day and night. While Axl never was an amazing singer, he had the power to sing his songs. What's left nowadays? A few screams and that's it. He cant sing the There Was a Time verses properly, he's always out of breath. He cant hit the highest notes.

Axl will never, ever be able to sing Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson or Freddie Mercury properly. He's not an all around great singer. He's all about power and range.

Guest NGOG

Mods:

CENA

Axl will never, ever be able to sing Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson or Freddie Mercury properly. He's not an all around great singer. He's all about power and range.

and that's what I LOVE about Axl. At times he sounds like a lion roaring, and there's like an overnatural aura around him.

on a side note, the last performance of him Ive witnessed hardly resembled everything I liked about him (I aint saying it was all his fault, all in all the sound in the stadium was terrible. I think the sound technician must have been high or sth cause nothing made sense)

It's Axl by a pretty good margin. Ron is great, I really like him in GNR, but he'd have remained relatively unknown without joining GNR. If he could make records and tour and make the money he's making playing for Axl, he'd do it. As much as a lot of us recognize Ron has great all around ability, its not like he's setting the world on fire with his solo efforts. For the most part, I've read in this thread people talking about Ron singing songs Axl wrote. Songwriting is every bit as important as the actual vocal of the song, just like a riff and guitar solos, bass line and drum beats. A lot of people can sing, but I believe there's fewer that can write. IMO. Axl's resume in comparison to Ron is laughable. As soon as anyone hears his voice, they know its Axl. It's a true signature sound. I get how everyone likes to beat up a 51 year old guy that plays 3 hour shows, but if you hate it so much, why listen? I don't expect the guy to sound like he did in 1985, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 or 2006. In the studio I'm certain Axl can do pretty much whatever he wants, but when he's on tour, maybe he's realized he has to back off on his vocals as to be able to preform night after night. Just a guess, I don't know. But I still like to hear it.