Bumblefoot vs Axl, who's the better singer?

bacardimayne

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It isnt easy due to the rasp, pitch wise it's nothing groundbreaking. Even the rasp, most dont do because it can fuck up vocal chords pretty bad. I believe thats why Axl sounds awful nowadays. It's a technique that most know how to use but arent insane to overuse it. Even Bruce doesnt overuse it. I'm sure Myles knows how to sing like that but he doesnt care.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NGOG

I completely disagree with the statement that Bumble is "technically" the better singer.

Bumblefoot is still technically a better vocalist though. While Axl's voice garners more interest, Bumblefoot demonstrates superior consistency, clean vocals, care and preparation. The thing about Axl is that he completely discards the technicality of singing.

Guest NGOG

Nobody sounds like Justin Bieber? What? The entire industry is moulded to produce countless Bieberesque clones. Nearly every latest male teen 'sensation' is grafted from that plastic Never Say Never fabric.

It is absolutely ludicrous to say Axl is not one of the most unique selling vocals ever and it's equally wrong to say Bumblefoot is incapable of inducing emotion into his singing (see his song Father which reflects a harrowing personal angst about his father's health problems).

Nobody sounds like Justin Bieber? What? The entire industry is moulded to produce countless Bieberesque clones. Nearly every latest male teen 'sensation' is grafted from that plastic Never Say Never fabric.

It is absolutely ludicrous to say Axl is not one of the most unique selling vocals ever and it's equally wrong to say Bumblefoot is incapable of inducing emotion into his singing (see his song Father which reflects a harrowing personal angst about his father's health problems).

I said that nobody's got Justin's exact voice but every teenager pop singer sounds like him, indeed, lol.

Father is a sad song, especially if you know whats going on. :(

Can't believe that this is a serious debate. Then again I being the ignorant person I am didn't even know bumblefoot was anything other than a guitarist. To me it's always going to be axl although obviously his voice is deteriorating more and more, his unique voice is the reason I got into guns in the first place.

Just listened to father and yes he does have a really good voice but still just not as unique or as exciting as axl's. He sounds like a decent singer but I don't know just something missing, his voice just did not grab me when I heard it, I did not think wow who is this I need to hear more.

Edited by Ryan95

Tommy can sing better than Axl. Cant wait to hear Going Down.

Even I can currently sing better than Axl. Not as awful as him I'm sure...

Heh, why don't you upload a video of you singing Welcome to the Jungle, then, so we can compare who we would prefer in GN'R, you or Axl Rose ;)

I don't want to join GnR. I'm no legendary rock singer but even my 10 years old brother can sound better than him today. Wait, if I replace Axl I'd make him sign a contract and only perform under certain circunstances, including a certain amount of rehearsal time a week. I'd make him less boring and more ambitious. I'd make him do what he's been claiming for several years - move on, move forward. You'd thank me.

I don't want to join GnR. I'm no legendary rock singer but even my 10 years old brother can sound better than him today.

I am betting than neither you or your brother could replace Axl on stage and do better than him singing those exact songs he is singing night after night for 2.5 hour plus. The fact that you are even claiming such a ludicrous thing without backing it up is hilarious :D.

I can sing better than him but I've got a strep throat.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I don't want to sound like Axl at Bridge School. You understand me? :lol:

The first night was awful

Are you actually saying that Bridge School was awful? Oh man, I'm surprised. :lol: