Axl & Slash Interview 94 (Rare)

sword&tulipz

What is it with Americans answering a hello with "what's up" or "what's happening" - is that only used in certain states or is it all over the USA? I notice Axl says "what's happening" when questioned on the Dana LelRay (sp) outing last year (or year before that). It's kind of amusing & unique.

Axl - We've been working on a book since we started as Guns N' Roses, with Del James. We've been doing interviews for this book for a very, very long time, to try to get an accurate picture with all our own personal mistakes and our own personal nightmares. And actually it's very exposing. But, we wanna show, like, an accurate picture of who we are and where we've been. It's not necessarily favorable for us in some places. It's a lot of times: "I said that? What an idiot! I can't believe I said that." But we're gonna put it all out.

Axl - We've been working on a book since we started as Guns N' Roses, with Del James. We've been doing interviews for this book for a very, very long time, to try to get an accurate picture with all our own personal mistakes and our own personal nightmares. And actually it's very exposing. But, we wanna show, like, an accurate picture of who we are and where we've been. It's not necessarily favorable for us in some places. It's a lot of times: "I said that? What an idiot! I can't believe I said that." But we're gonna put it all out.

This never got finished or released did it? I wonder if this contributed to Axl's objections to Reckless Road. He seems very loyal to Del.

Some of the ways axl responds in here makes him seem rather angry. You can tell there was probably a decent amount of tension between him and slash at this point.

Also, it's weird how at the time he was really wanting Brian May to work with them, and then when he finally did axl ended up not using the material.

Some of the ways axl responds in here makes him seem rather angry. You can tell there was probably a decent amount of tension between him and slash at this point.

Also, it's weird how at the time he was really wanting Brian May to work with them, and then when he finally did axl ended up not using the material.

Oh, songs with May on them will probably still come out, some day.

• 1 year later...

Man, so much unreleased material. Hopefully Axl decides to share it with his fans some day.

Music with Slash

Illusions tour and backstage footage

A book with info from all members

CD2

Remix album

Songs submitted by current band members.

How tremendous would a box set be with all of that.

This never got finished or released did it? I wonder if this contributed to Axl's objections to Reckless Road. He seems very loyal to Del.

how many projects has Axl sponsored that never got completed?

between that an uninhabited million dollar apartments in NY this guys must have burned several fortunes by now.

• Like 1

A book like that would never be released ... some of the former members would never allow something like that ... that would make them look uncool.

A book like that would never be released ... some of the former members would never allow something like that ... that would make them look uncool.

:facepalm:

You apparently didn't read Slash and Duff's book, where they go into full detail about horrible events in their lives.

The reason your post is so - I'll be polite here - ridiculous is because you are 100% wrong. Axl is the one who would taylor the book to mask his indiscretions and try and make himself look good. You think he is going to talk freely about the physical abuse against Erin and Stephanie? About not showing up to rehearsals, to wasting millions of the band's money, to being a diva and dictator, etc?

Slash and Duff told us details that were awful and made them look like complete junkies and alcoholics. There is no way that Axl takes responsibility for all the crap he has pulled over the last 25 years.

• Like 1

I heard SI other day it's pretty good record. It has a really great sound. Heavy and glam.

It sure is. I would rate it as their worst, but still good. Then again I like all their albums
It doesn't have the lyrically depth. But as a punk hard rock record it works pretty well. It's not so start stop as Illusions. It's kind of heavier than AFD. They are great songs, played well with kick ass production. You kind of get the range of GNR album from Since to Ain't to Memory to Game.

Those solo songs Slash did with Iggy and Lemmy reminded of SI.

All the immoral stuff Slash and Duff did is cool. It's rock n roll.

Everything Axl does is a machevelian affront to society.

I understand the perspective but at the same time, it's funny. You have law breakers basically being given the moral high ground over some guy who is late and maybe pulled a fast one business wise and is a bit of hot head.

You disrespected me by being late on stage how will I ever get home before my kids get to sleep. Anyways, bye now me and Slash are off to find a hooker to score drugs from! Rock n roll! But moral!

what i REALLY want to see is the movie "Perfect Crime", the documentary they made about the UYI tour...

I asked Duff about it at a meet n greet for Velvet Revolver back in 2007, and he said "oh man, that got shelved"

Yeah, unfortunatley that got cancelled. Also the 2001 live at Las Vegas got cancelled.

This is a good documentary though from UYI tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AliKT1ZUx7w

Says this has been removed :(

Is there another link?

I understand the perspective but at the same time, it's funny. You have law breakers basically being given the moral high ground over some guy who is late and maybe pulled a fast one business wise and is a bit of hot head.

You disrespected me by being late on stage how will I ever get home before my kids get to sleep. Anyways, bye now me and Slash are off to find a hooker to score drugs from! Rock n roll! But moral!

This is your take on things? Wow...

If this is how your cogs turn, there's no point in even entering into debate on anything.

This is your take on things? Wow...

If this is how your cogs turn, there's no point in even entering into debate on anything.

I just see the paradox at the heart of language.