Suggestion: Chinese Democracy 1.1 - The Chinese Democracy Re-Release

Fin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread should be deleted. It's total misrepresentation; there are going to be idiots here who see this title and go spouting it off elsewhere. "I heard there's gonna be a re-release of Chinese Democracy!"

Delete this thread.

I second this

Or you know... someone could just change the title. :)

So...take four rockers off an already ballad-heavy album from a rock band? Maybe OP should visit a Yanni forum? I don't get this at all.

Don´t you think 1-6 is ass-kicking rock n roll more than worthy of the GNR label?

I´ll admit 7-10 was a bit ballad-heavy, so I inserted Scraped between Maddie and Catcher, worked out very well.

Chinese Democracy 1.11

1. Chinese Democracy

2. If The World

3. There Was a Time

4. Riad n the bedouins

5. Sorry

6. IRS

7. Street of Dreams

8. Madagascar

9. Scraped

10. Catcher In The Rye

11. This I Love

Edited by Fin

So you would take out the best song and probably one of the only 3 good songs on that album "Better" and you would have an album full of ballads? That's pure genius.... :nervous:

700 posts on a New GNR forum and you don´t like New GNR?

Could make great impact on new listeners;

Chinese Democracy 1.1

1. Chinese Democracy

2. There Was a Time

3. Madagascar

4. Scraped

5. Catcher in the Rye

6. Riad n the Bedouins

7. Sorry

8. IRS

9. Street of Dreams

10. This I Love

11. Better

12. Shackler´s Revenge

13. If the World

14. Prostitute

This is my personal favorite CD Playlist.

Possibly with could also have a 2nd disc with b-sides and live recordings in the case of a re-release.

Still TIL seems to do well Live. So putting that up front on record would work. I like ITW and TWAT too so they on my playlist.

Still TIL seems to do well Live. So putting that up front on record would work. I like ITW and TWAT too so they on my playlist.

Still a terrible idea.

Why is it terrible idea? CD is one of the most underappreciated albums in rock history, (song wise).

The playlist of the original album is inaccessible, unless you´re a very dedicated listener. That goes for serious listeners, like reviewers, as well as for mainstream audience listeners.

In fact, even a playlist drawn at complete random would likely have been a better choice for CD.

The only ones truly appreciating the playlist seems to some of the people on this forum. Though, I´m pretty sure those guys would have appreciated a different, more accessible playlist, should have been released that way.

I can´t se what could be bad about a re-release. The album can´t possibly be more underappreciated than it already is. Axl hasn´t got anything to lose either.

Edited by Fin

Still a terrible idea.

Why is it terrible idea? CD is one of the most underappreciated albums in rock history, (song wise).

The playlist of the original album is inaccessible, unless you´re a very dedicated listener. That goes for serious listeners, like reviewers, as well as for mainstream audience listeners.

In fact, even a playlist drawn at complete random would likely have been a better choice for CD.

The only ones truly appreciating the playlist seems to some of the people on this forum. Though, I´m pretty sure those guys would have appreciated a different, more accessible playlist, should have been released that way.

I can´t se what could be bad about a re-release. The album can´t possibly be more underappreciated than it already is. Axl hasn´t got anything to lose either.

It was poorly appreciated the first time. To re-release it again while keeping those songs as the central selling point, with nothing much changed as far as GNR's reputation and exposure goes, would be a terrible idea. I imagine it'd sell less than 10,000 copies.

Still a terrible idea.

It was poorly appreciated the first time. To re-release it again while keeping those songs as the central selling point, with nothing much changed as far as GNR's reputation and exposure goes, would be a terrible idea. I imagine it'd sell less than 10,000 copies.

Exactly.

The re-releasing argument is one of the weirdest and most illogical things I've ever seen on this forum.

The album wasn't underappreciated at all, as that is almost impossible in this day and age. MILLIONS of people previewed the album on myspace - listening to EVERY song. Every song is also on Youtube.

ANYBODY who was interested in a new GnR album has taken the time to listen to most of the songs from the album.

Saying albums are underrated and underappreciated are just die-hard fans making excuses when their favorite albums/artists aren't doing well.

A re-release before a new album would make GnR a laughing stock and the butt of a ton of jokes. WORST idea ever.

Edited by Groghan

The album wasn't underappreciated at all, as that is almost impossible in this day and age. MILLIONS of people previewed the album on myspace - listening to EVERY song. Every song is also on Youtube.

ANYBODY who was interested in a new GnR album has taken the time to listen to most of the songs from the album.

Saying albums are underrated and underappreciated are just die-hard fans making excuses when their favorite albums/artists aren't doing well.

This is on oversimplification to the extent of being an invalid argument.

Making an album (much) more difficult to listen through than it should be, (e.g. by setting the playlist bad), will of course lessen the listeners perception of the fundamental quality of the album.

Edited by Fin

(btw Rhiad on a best of? fucking lol)

In post 59 there were changes from the original idea.

The playlist was once again rearranged and all 14 songs will be on the re-release album.

Possibly, we could also have a 2nd disc with b-sides and/or live recordings.

From post 59;

Chinese Democracy 1.1

1. Chinese Democracy

2. There Was a Time

3. Madagascar

4. Scraped

5. Catcher in the Rye

6. Riad n the Bedouins

7. Sorry

8. IRS

9. Street of Dreams

10. This I Love

11. Better

12. Shackler´s Revenge

13. If the World

14. Prostitute

I think CD is a good record and is kind of a document of Axl Rose. So in 20 years with crazy back story CD could be like Exile.

WIth the playlist rearanged, CD could be like Exile within a year or two.

CD 1.1, music reviewers album of the year 2014. That should be the vision.

A re-release titled "Best of Chinese Democracy", or probably some more appropriate name, such as "Chinese Democracy 1.1" is perhaps what could finally seal the deal. This album deserves so much more recognition. In my not-the-least-humble opinion, a re-release is what could finally make it one of the best albums of all time.

Here´s the suggested new 10 track playlist;

1. Chinese Democracy

2. If The World

3. There Was a Time

4. Riad n the bedouins

5. Sorry

6. IRS

7. Street of Dreams

8. Madagascar

9. Catcher In The Rye

10. This I Love

The leftovers below are clearly good songs, but won´t make it the re-release;

Better: Overrated song. Simple as that.

Shacklers revenge: Pretty amazing solo, but apart from that, lacks a bit of soul imo.

Scraped: Good, not great.

Prostitute: I like the idea of that song more than I like the actual song.

This is something that has taken me hundreds of hours to figure out ever since the original album got out.

Was inspired to finally post something when the mod "Wasted" recently posted his suggestions for a new 14 track playlist.

Unlike (?) him though, I would prefer a 10 track album.

Heres what Chinese Democracy 1.1 should be released under and as: Axl Roses Experiment . It only took me a little over an hour to figure that out....Great Songs for a experimental solo record..now can we get back to our regularly scheduled program??