Is Estranged Axl's masterpiece?

TombRaider

Is Estranged Axl's masterpiece?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is weird how Axl decided to abandon these type of songs for CD.

Aside from the fact he seemed to want an industrial sound it ties in with his claims that Slash, Duff and Steph were criticizing his writing, most likely the big ballad type stuff.

Which story are you taking? In one of his last claims, he wanted to make an AFD type record for Slash. Can't have it both ways.

Slash's guitars couldn't be more important. It's a GNR masterpiece.

This. Definitely NOT an Axl's masterpiece.

Axl couldn't thank Slash enough for his work on Estranged. He was really pleased and surprised, I would say not only him but the whole band.

Just going by what he said in a recent interview about having writers block. If what he says is true he might have laid off the ballad stuff a bit more for CD.

This I Love is a cry baby ballad though.

That wasn't a new song though, hadn't he been working on it for about 15 years?

Just going by what he said in a recent interview about having writers block. If what he says is true he might have laid off the ballad stuff a bit more for CD.

It's been documented? That was just a rumour or an expeculation, I think the piano bits were written back in the glory days, at least that's what I know.

It's been documented? That was just a rumour or an expeculation, I think the piano bits were written back in the glory days, at least that's what I know.

I don't think it's been made officially clear what bits were wrote when, mostly hearsay but I think it's basic composition predates CD by a long way.

Slash's guitars couldn't be more important. It's a GNR masterpiece.

This. Definitely NOT an Axl's masterpiece.

Axl couldn't thank Slash enough for his work on Estranged. He was really pleased and surprised, I would say not only him but the whole band.

where did you hear him say that?

can someone explain how writing credits go? like why slash didn't get a writing credit for estranged? or why are they two different writing credits for CD?

Edited by useyorappetite

Like the others said, it's GNR's masterpiece (or maybe, more specifically, Axl and Slash's). November Rain is AXL'S masterpiece.

But Slash brought those songs to a whole new level. Something that hasn't been done since his departure. Yes the solo's on Twat and TIL are good but they don't bring the music to a new level like Slash did on Estranged or November Rain. Axl brought out the best in Slash and Slash brought out the best in Axl. I was hoping one day Richard would be given the opportunity to do the same, God knows he deserves it but for some reason Axl keeps putting him behind people like DJ and Finck which is a crying shame. I'd much prefer a Fortus solo to some fretless crap. And now I'm beginning to rant.