Is Estranged Axl's masterpiece?

TombRaider

Is Estranged Axl's masterpiece?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Although I am more a fan of the Appetite style stuff, if you were looking for Axl's (as opposed to GN'R's) finest hour, you need look no further than Estranged - granted, Slash makes an important contribution. It is musically a complex piece, sectional and full of key changes. It is Axl making music like his heroes, Elton and Freddie.

Although I am more a fan of the Appetite style stuff, if you were looking for Axl's (as opposed to GN'R's) finest hour, you need look no further than Estranged - granted, Slash makes an important contribution. It is musically a complex piece, sectional and full of key changes. It is Axl making music like his heroes, Elton and Freddie.

I think it's in making of estranged video Slash gets mad at Duff and Gilby for fuckin' up.

It's extremely hard to pull off in a live setting.

For a guy that didn't want to do these types of songs he sure did get upset at bad performances.

well is one of his masterpieces, for me it is Prostitute, TWAT, CITR and Estranged in different orders deppending from the day that you ask me today I would go with prostitute, tomorrow some other. It always change.

It is weird how Axl decided to abandon these type of songs for CD.

Aside from the fact he seemed to want an industrial sound it ties in with his claims that Slash, Duff and Steph were criticizing his writing, most likely the big ballad type stuff.