Iron Maiden fans: Is the X Factor that bad?

TombRaider

I like it.

Blaze's post-Maiden solo albums, however, are for the most part amazing.

Yep, great stuff. Really hope to see him live someday.

Seen him three times - twice with his 2007-2011 solo outfit (before he fired the band) and once with Wolfsbane supporting Saxon. Top performances each time, and got a photo with him after each gig.

I like it.

Seen him three times - twice with his 2007-2011 solo outfit (before he fired the band) and once with Wolfsbane supporting Saxon. Top performances each time, and got a photo with him after each gig.

Cool, very jealous. He's very much a class act by all indications.

You gonna catch Maiden at the O2???

I like it.

Yep, definitely. Want to see this tour quite badly - despite seeing most of the songs in 2008 anyway. But I can't turn down seeing SSOASS and Afraid To Shoot Strangers. Still rank them as my favourite band along with GN'R. So glad Download wasn't their only gig. I have no interest in festivals.

I've read rumours on the maidenfans.com board that there's a second 02 date tentatively booked, which i'd consider going to as well.

I like it.

Yep, definitely. Want to see this tour quite badly - despite seeing most of the songs in 2008 anyway. But I can't turn down seeing SSOASS and Afraid To Shoot Strangers. Still rank them as my favourite band along with GN'R. So glad Download wasn't their only gig. I have no interest in festivals.

I've read rumours on the maidenfans.com board that there's a second 02 date tentatively booked, which i'd consider going to as well.

Yea, second date is very likely. Would be cool to meet up :)

I like it.

This could indeed be aranged :)

I like it.

Cool, I'll PM you a little closer to the gig and we'll figure something out ;)

I saw maiden the other night at donington. Opened up with a spitfire flying over the main stage and doing a few loops. Lots going on in the stage, lots of props. Bruce's voice sounded a little winded though, but I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to sound. Anyway, that show was my highlight of the whole weekend.

Also trooper beer and cup are also great.

Edited by Axl_morris

I like it.

It's actually going on my bucket list to go to a Maiden gig AND meet you at one lol.

I like it.

It's actually going on my bucket list to go to a Maiden gig AND meet you at one lol.

Next North American tour in Toronto ;)

I like it.

Next North American tour in Toronto ;)

Excellent!

saw Maiden at Download and it was amazing! was right in close so the sound was fantastic. Afraid to Shoot Strangers and the Prisoner were surprises, but brilliant (I love the Prisoner to bits along with Wasted Years and 2 Minutes... also played). All the classics, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son which I had forgotten how good it was! Moonchild etc were brilliant! Loved the older pre Bruce songs too. Brilliant night, might check the 2 90s blaze albums now, have all the other stuff and used to be a massive fan.

saw Maiden at Download and it was amazing! was right in close so the sound was fantastic. Afraid to Shoot Strangers and the Prisoner were surprises, but brilliant (I love the Prisoner to bits along with Wasted Years and 2 Minutes... also played). All the classics, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son which I had forgotten how good it was! Moonchild etc were brilliant! Loved the older pre Bruce songs too. Brilliant night, might check the 2 90s blaze albums now, have all the other stuff and used to be a massive fan.

the second blaze album virtual XI sucks, it may leave you with permanent damage, you have been warned :P

the second blaze album virtual XI sucks, it may leave you with permanent damage, you have been warned :P

haha, the joy of Spotify I guess will come into play!

Just listen to Futureal and The Clansman off of VXI. The rest is utter shit. Angel & The Gambler could've been good if it was about 6 minutes shorter.

Just listen to Futureal and The Clansman off of VXI. The rest is utter shit. Angel & The Gambler could've been good if it was about 6 minutes shorter.

yeah definitely.

Como Estas Amigos would like a word with you.

• 1 month later...

Maiden this weekend. Bring it on!

I've got one more before London :P Gigs have all been great so far, seen some of the best I've EVER seen these past few weeks. Met Bruce in Bucharest too, which was really cool.

You wanna meet up before the gig(s)? Amir and I think The Sandman wanted to, and I was gonna send them the official Maiden Fan Club meetup info. It's free and a lot of fun :)

Maiden this weekend. Bring it on!

I've got one more before London :P Gigs have all been great so far, seen some of the best I've EVER seen these past few weeks. Met Bruce in Bucharest too, which was really cool.

You wanna meet up before the gig(s)? Amir and I think The Sandman wanted to, and I was gonna send them the official Maiden Fan Club meetup info. It's free and a lot of fun :)

Possibly, depends on my arrival times at the hotel and how long it takes me to get from there to the arena, but i'd probably be up for it. PM me the night before or so when you have plans :)

Been waiting to see this tour for a while, can't wait!